Extremely Tenuous Lighting - Strategium Mode On

Honda

If it's a trench, why is it called a "wall"?

I know, I'm not supposed to ask. So does it have a specific length or should I just look on the GW page for info?

Beats me why they call it a wall. Either way, that set includes two Trench sections that are 9 and a half Inches long, and there's four end bits, those are about 1" thick.

EDIT: You sure you don't want me to measure it again using the metric system? tongue.png

EDIT II: If you're thinking of scratch-building one, I'd suggest making it a bit wider, to accomodate more men, the GW model can hold 10 guys. Barely though, they're all packed together.

EDITIII: Ugh, this wait is killing me. I just spent 5 minutes mentally painting my Knight, then planning which parts I'd do first. I hope that's normal. tongue.png It does give me a good idea of how I'm gonna do it. That'll save time during the event. biggrin.png The first time painting a new model always takes some more time. happy.png

Simply paint it black (stones version of course) - then add silver crosses and half crosses as you like on the shields and pauldrons. Add some Red here and there (contrast for the Crosses, whatever) and it will be enough for the ETL ;)

If superheavies are allowed...hmh... that might be a thing besides ~120ish Marines and Termis... and I want my Centurions painted at last, and Stormtalons, and...oh crap, I simply can't restrain myself from buying and buying... stupid hobby ^^

Beats me why they call it a wall. Either way, that set includes two Trench sections that are 9 and a half Inches long, and there's four end bits, those are about 1" thick.

EDIT: You sure you don't want me to measure it again using the metric system? :P

EDIT II: If you're thinking of scratch-building one, I'd suggest making it a bit wider, to accomodate more men, the GW model can hold 10 guys. Barely though, they're all packed together.

EDITIII: Ugh, this wait is killing me. I just spent 5 minutes mentally painting my Knight, then planning which parts I'd do first. I hope that's normal. :P It does give me a good idea of how I'm gonna do it. That'll save time during the event. :D The first time painting a new model always takes some more time. ^_^

I'm going to go with it's completely normal as I've been doing the same thing with regards to painting my vehicles, and this way I pretend to maintain my insanity, I'm purposely finding other things to paint just so I don't touch any of my templar. However it works in favour of my elysians who have had no love since I joined the eternal crusade.

HLVW

It is done.

The witches shall burn, the xenos filth shall be exterminated.  Always attack, always forward.  Till all the enemies of mankind have surrendered their lives to the great crusade.

http://i.imgur.com/gDVl6I1.jpg

Forward to victory brothers!  FOR THE EMPEROR! 

Beats me why they call it a wall. Either way, that set includes two

Trench sections that are 9 and a half Inches long, and there's four end

bits, those are about 1" thick.

EDIT: You sure you don't want me to measure it again using the metric system? tongue.png

Actually, I do all my modeling in metric. It just seems to be easier to measure smaller things in cm/mms for me. When it comes to bigger things though, I'm all American.

EDIT II: If you're thinking of scratch-building one, I'd suggest

making it a bit wider, to accomodate more men, the GW model can hold 10

guys. Barely though, they're all packed together.

The reason I am asking is that in our "Tale of Texas Gamers" we're eventually going to need a bunch of trenches for the Grand Finale and I was going to scratch build them anyway with foam board and popsicle sticks. So if the "Wall of Martyrs" trench is approximately 25" of trench line, then I'd probably try to make 2-3 of those.

Update: Just looked at some pics and it looks like more than 25", maybe double that with some elbows and what appears to be a bunker. Can anyone confirm that?

Is 3 crusader squads a good starting vow?

How big are your squads? 10 guys? If so, for your first vow, I'd run with 2 x 10 men. That would give you on the order of 300 pts (especially if you throw in some heavy weapons and CC weapons), then if you want to bump it up a little more, add a chaplain or Chapter Master.

The other option would be to paint up your two Preds, though that would be less points. You could add a chappie or Chapter Master to the preds, though to bump it.

One of the things you want to take into account is your pace. The deadline isn't a big deal, but sometimes it bugs people. It really depends on the type of painter you are. So take a slightly smaller vow for the first time and see how that goes. Then once you've knocked that one out, look around at what else you have and IF you want to do another, then go for it.

But for your first go, see what your pace is. We Templars take a fair bit of pride in getting a high percentage of our initial vows completed, encouraging everyone, because for us, it's about getting the entire team across the finish line. If we can do that with a high percentage of the 1st vows, that's a big win for the team. Everything else is just icing.

Well, there's different kits.

-WoM Defence Line, which is the basic trench piece,

-Wom Defence Emplacement, which has firing ports in the shields. Two pieces are a T-junction, and one is angled slightly, I estimate at around 45 degrees.

-WoM Bunker, it's what it says. A bunker. laugh.png

I have one of each for my

Iron Warriors

so if you need more measurements, drop me a line! thumbsup.gif

so if you need more measurements, drop me a line!

How do I know that your measurements aren't corrupted? ;)

Will do.

Boy, those HH dudes sure think they've got this thing locked up. whistlingW.gif

HA! They will rue the day they cross blades with the Black Templars! devil.gif

Although I have to say the enthusiasm is quite lacking in the other Angels of Death forums, not one of the threads has more than a page of replies. Brother Chaplain Honda, I think it's time for some of your red-texted-ZEAL in their topics. I'd do it but I'm about to leave the house Battle Barge. So I'll just say this quickly and maybe you can add it in.

As our ranks advance, so does our devotion, for are we not Space Marines?!? Are we not the chosen of the Emperor, His loyal servants unto death?!?

Gentlemen. I have just seen the IG thread. There are a few participants there, but the main issue is that a BA believes they might come second, on account of their "zealous" posting on the "ETLIII is coming" thread. laugh.png What do the Blood Angels know of zeal?

But perhaps, they will be second. But it will not be the Heresy forum that will come in on first place! wink.png

(I should really go check out the HH forum, see what's going on.)

I just posted this in all the other AoD forums. We'll see how the lesser chapters respons ;)

FELLOW ASTARTES!

I find your lack of zeal disturbing. The Dark Angels have thrown down the gauntlet and yet the response to this thread has been nothing short of underwhelming. Perhaps you are disheartened by last year's loss. But fear not! For despair is an illusion of the mind. This year the Templars stand with you! We will lead the vanguard but even the greatest vanguard must have support. 

For are we not Space Marines?!? Are we not the chosen of the Emperor, his loyal servants unto death?!?

The Black Templars call you to war, will you respond?

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k48/Acebaur/BlackTemplarChaplain_zpsee7b465d.jpg

Yeah baby! Let's ZEALOUSLY stir up that ant pile.

(I should really go check out the HH forum, see what's going on.)

Lot's of talk. No other forum has prepared as we have. Our  preparation combined with our ZEAL is our competitive advantage.

We shall carry our team forward across the finish line, in the name of the Emperor!

Wow, and suddenly I'm not surprised why Semper threw us in with the rest of C:SM. The Iron Hands guys are so depressed it's kind of sad, really. And the only response we seem to be getting anywhere else is from deathspectre, who appears to be everywhere at once. msn-wink.gif

At least the Sons of Dorn seem to be mobilizing. And what more do we need? Let us just march to war, and claim victory in the name of Dorn and his favoured son, Sigismund! Although the Fists and the others really should let zeal flow, instead of blocking it off. Just saying, but our zeal has brought us a decent track record. And I'm not just talking about the ETL here. tongue.png

@recon:May 1st, Brother. A little over 6 days. If you can't make that date, perhaps send a PM to Capt. Semper, see if he can accept an early vow considering the circumstances?

I just found out great news, work is giving me a extended summer break because it's sending me off to learn French for a year in August and I can't go with as many days off as I would normally have if it didn't start at the beggining of June. ETL is now my major priority during leave.

HLVW

Archived