Psychopomps (photos before farewell!)

Kierdale

Not ‘arf!

No more modelling updates for me this year. Off back to Blighty tomorrow.

Might update with what I’ve bought :D as the Yen-Pound exchange rate is fabulous right now.

And more good news: the missus got me a great new airbrush and compressor for Christmas! :tu:

• 3 months later...

I’m not back on this army yet - my priority is my Mentors vs. GSC for AoP2019 - but did have some time to get out the airbrush so did some work on my Heldrake. Just the first layers of Vallejo Squid Pink. I’ll highlight them next time. The other panels will be badly blue.

med_gallery_63428_9407_550716.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_226291.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!

No consistent Psychopomps work at the moment as I’m just grabbing a few minutes here and there while other stuff dries but I got a bit more done on my sonic oblits...

One armed with a heavy blast master. It doesn’t look quite straight there but I’m pretty sure it is. I think it’s just the angle of the photo. More detail still to add, for example covering up the ejection ports. Left hand (or tentacle if I can’t get a hand where I want it) will be holding a fore grip on the top of the weapon.

med_gallery_63428_9407_421458.jpeg

And some grills added to this one. Still lots to do on him too, including green stuff around the grills.

med_gallery_63428_9407_250585.jpeg

Thanks!

They look great but I'm not sure I'd use them as Obliterators now that GW released new models which are way bigger. Maybe as 'regular' Sonic Terminators instead? :sweat:

I very rarely game so don’t really mind that they’re smaller than the new Oblits. If I did game again and someone questioned them I’d simply say that I made them before the new ones game out. Which is partially true ;)

Real nice - how did you do the grills? I've been contemplating converting up a sonic dreadnought, and am trying out how to do similar grills for its blastmasters and doom siren.

The grills - and a lot of my bitz - are from a company over here called Kotobukiya. As well as full kits they make lots of single sprues for upgrading mech models. Weapons too, including a wind-up minigun :D

Here is a link to their models-and-bitz page (in Japanese, sorry!):

HERE

EDIT:

Their site’s English mode :tu:

HERE

EDIT2:

Did a search for all the MSG (modelling support goods) (I.e. bitz sprues) - but could only do this in Japanese:

Here

You may be able to find them on eBay, or try ordering via their site. Luckily for me they’re stocked in hobby and appliance stores (like ‘Yodobashi Camera’) over here.

Thank you very much for the links and part name - you've been more than helpful and it would have taken forever for me to find the right sprue name myself.  Going to go order one now.

Wow... its been almost 20 years since I've been in a Yodabachi Camera - I bought a 14.4 baud modem in one once (I think it was the one in Ikebukuro).  Not too many close by to me anymore. :smile.:

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

There are two Yods I love:

Yodobashi Camera

and

Yodsanklai Fairtex

:D

Anyway, progress on the third Sonic Oblit. Armed with a pair of twin sonic blasters. Lots of bitz still to add and cables from where the tusks now are, to the weapons.

med_gallery_63428_9407_116352.jpeg

• 2 months later...

That's a great touch! Where's the decal from? I assume a scale model jet.

A sheet of text/warning decals, not for any specific model but for detailing mecha and the like.

Oh I forgot to ask, when you back over in England next?

Next month, actually. Will be trying not to buy many models! Trying hard!

That's a great touch! Where's the decal from? I assume a scale model jet.

A sheet of text/warning decals, not for any specific model but for detailing mecha and the like.

Oh I forgot to ask, when you back over in England next?

Next month, actually. Will be trying not to buy many models! Trying hard!

Well if your ever near Norfolk make sure you bring these bad boys with you, the Hellbound fancy a scrap... 

• 2 years later...

Last night my noise marines saw combat against one nob, rocket-bow, and three other Orks from Waaargh Grimsnaga, who found themselves aboard a space hulk…

med_gallery_63428_13471_379633.jpeg

…as my son and I had a game of Ultramarines (a 90s intro game I remade (and tweaked a bit) last year). Rather than using two squads of my (Mentor Legion) scouts* we used the rules as-is, but with five Orks vs five of my Psychopomp noise marines.

med_gallery_63428_13471_557418.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_13471_524194.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_13471_226200.jpeg

The nob and chaos champion both raced toward one objective…and the nob didn’t survive.

The chaos champion stunned the nob before finishing off the prone Greenskin.

med_gallery_63428_13471_369723.jpeg

My son used a cave-in and blocked the direct route back to my entry room, forcing two of my marines, both carrying valuable objectives (which the had to get back to the entry room!) to go on the attack…

med_gallery_63428_13471_271718.jpeg

He got a new nob (via the reinforcements card) and in the next turn teleported him across the board and between those two marines, firing at one (and missing :D) and clobbering the other to the ground with his klaw.

med_gallery_63428_13471_401695.jpeg

In the end it was a win for Slaanesh (both sides managed to recover one objective each but i killed all his Orks). It was - and always is - great fun.

Waaargh Grimsnaga will be back for revenge. Orks is never beaten, after all…and the noise marines will be ready for them.

* so, yeah, we’ve never played it with Ultramarines :D