Psychopomps (photos before farewell!)

Kierdale

Quoth my wife: 'I don't want to be anywhere near it, but I can appreciate it!'.

Normally, I'd reply to something like that with a "That's what she said!", but this is a family friendly forum. However, seeing as it is literally the case...   

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID! :p :D ;)

Sorry, Dragonlover, I couldn't resist. And I figured in a thread dedicated to debauchery, I'd indulge myself.

Chaos Assassin is both a fricking AWESOME idea, and as usual your execution (pun intended) is brilliant, Kierdale! 

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Ah! I see! :)

I finished the assassin's bodysuit last night. Quick and quite easy.

Step one:

Leadbelcher basecoat, Nuln Oil wash. Runefang Steel highlights.

med_gallery_63428_9407_175181.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_147189.jpg

Step two:

A coat of gloss varnish to protect the metallic acrylics, then thinned Tamiya Clear Blue over the bodysuit.

med_gallery_63428_9407_137771.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_136095.jpg

Step three:

Thinned Tamiya Clear Green over upper surfaces.

med_gallery_63428_9407_174548.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_220997.jpg

I could have stopped here as I rather liked it but thought I'd give the following a try...

Step Four:

A glaze of very thin (perhaps 30-50 percent thinner) mixed Tamiya Clear Blue and Green (two parts blue to one part green, as I did with the Peacocks blade).

This doesn't show up much but gave some of the highlights a bit of teal I think.

med_gallery_63428_9407_224842.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_101046.jpg

And in different light this morning:

med_gallery_63428_9407_84011.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_164346.jpg

I might give it another coat of gloss varnish then I need to repaint the spurs. What colour for her belt/sash? Perhaps black? Best not draw attention to where she keeps her poison and other kit ;)

Then the mask, gun, base and she's done.

There will, of course have to be Chaos versions of the other three assassins too ;)

In the same Inspirational Friday entry that I did about Jinx, I did a librarian that had been corrupted by Khorne, damned and essentially turned into the antithesis of what he had been: a witch-eater, a Chaos version of a Cullexus.

In the Psychopomps' fluff the first company fell to Khorne, led by th first captain. Many of them were later captured and emprisoned by the rest of the (now-Slaaneshi) chapter, to be experimented upon and occasionally release as barely-controllable berserkers (taking 'Pomp heads if a close eye is not kept on them).

I think an Eversor profile fits former first captain Viphic perfectly.

It's the Vindicare, the one who should be easiest to envision, which I'm blank on both for fluff and imagery.

Well, Jinx there is a human - I tried to de-Dark Eldarize the bits as much as I could - so I'd have to do the same with the Vindicare...but something a mockery of Maugan would be interesting... though I think I want a 'rifle'....hmmm...not another Alpha Legion operative though...a Psychopomp or one of their cultist flock...I don't know what I want! :D

EDIT: profile-wise it's akin to a space marine (S4, T4) with a 4++ so perhaps a master sniper...former captain of the 10th (to link him to my sniper scouts), with mutations such that he and his rifle have actually merged to some degree...

On that note you could base him round the old guy from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. The one you have to have to find as he shoots you from sniper positions. He'd stand out a bit from your guys too in that you could make him look a bit aged. Just a suggestion :)

Jinx is complete!

med_gallery_63428_9407_511601.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_109231.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_4390.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_103274.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_101867.jpg

And the mark of the Hydra on her neural disruptor

med_gallery_63428_9407_29995.jpg

...a cut down decal from the WHFB Dark Elf Witches/Sisters of Slaughter decal sheet.

If anyone's interested in her background (it's a bit long, I must admit) it's here.

I enjoyed painting her. I'm sure better results could be done with more time, skill and different techniques...but I'm confident I could knock out an Alpha Legion kill team or a squad or two with four rattle-cans (leadbelcher, a silver for a zenithal shot, Tamiya Clear Blue and Green) in a very short time! Not that I actually plan to. Anytime soon.

Back to pink.

Thanks for the comments! And Teetengee, I hadn't seen that until you mentioned it :D

While this pink...

med_gallery_63428_9407_361104.jpg

...is taking ages, I have done more on the land shrieked' upholstery.

Riding like a boss, couched in leopard print :tu:

med_gallery_63428_9407_377279.jpg

Literary like a boss, as lord Sophusar's was similarly upholstered:

med_gallery_63428_9407_277339.jpeg

There aren't enough spots on the Shrieker cushions yet but I thought I'd show the WIP :)

Great work as always!

I feel the need to tell you a quick story.

Last year when i started getting back into the hobby, my fiance started jokingly ribbing me me, calling me "a big nerd" etc. Her favourite colour is pink so I showed her pictures of noise marines and she was like "ok, that's pretty cool". Now, while her favourite colour is pink, her favourite pattern is leopard print, and when i say that, I mean that she vinyl wrapped our fridge in pink leopard print. So, obviously I showed her your landspeeder. She loves it :) she said that you're very talented and your girlfriend is a lucky lady! and wants me to start a pink army for her

just thought you'd appreciate that

• 4 weeks later...

Hopefully I can finish the Land Shrieker tonight.

After that I have a few different projects I could do next:

1. Doomrider - headless, with a trophy rack full of White Scar helmets (I bought the FW Scars helmet set just for Doomrider)

2. Ex-Templar rhino. Wouldn't take long. Get it done and out of the way.

3. Obliterator teams: two full-loaded marines per base counting as Oblits. Fluff-wise each pair is possessed by a single daemon, or by a pair of Daemonette sisters, you get the idea. Killer Geminis.

4. Havocs armed with sonic weapons that count as flamers. These boys blinded themselves and have cables leading from their ears to their weapons so they both sense and kill via their guns. I plan more hunched poses for them, weapons extended out, sweeping back and forth before them.

5. Or...I have an old 1kSons dreadnought.

gallery_63428_6618_21560.jpg

I don't intend to do 30k or 40k 1kSons anymore so I plan to use him for one of my current armies: that means Mentor Legion or Psychopomps. I'll have to remove the GS plates from both sides on the front and replace them with something, which means Chaosifying it would be the easiest. A pair of spare Forgefiend legs would give him height and a bit of Chaosification right there. I can add to the rest of him...

What do you think I should do next? :)

My three other projects, coincidentally all biggies, require a tentacle-maker: daemoncially possessed drop-pod (dreadclaw), Helldrake and Slaanesh-enslaved Khornate knight.

I realise I probably don't need to buy any new models for the foreseeable future! :D