Psychopomps (photos before farewell!)

Kierdale

Make sure to link it here so I don't miss it! :tongue.:

Ask and ye shall receive!

Psychopomps HoH

Only the two completed NM squads posted so far. Work progresses on the new (all-sonic) two squads too (though some large carpentry looms on the HoneyDo list!).

Very awesome! :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks!

Some quickly snapped WIPs of 5 of my 10 new NM.

med_gallery_63428_9407_375657.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_42216.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_292900.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_92505.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_341561.jpeg

For contrast, I’ll be doing a deeper, rich purple next. Some areas blocked in with it, and sometimes using it for freehand on currently plain areas (that green shin and the blastmaster, for two examples).

• 2 weeks later...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

More WIP on the Noise Marines. Slow progress despite the holidays! I did get to practice with my airbrush on the second squad though.

First squad, three with sonic blasters, blaster master wielder then squad leader.

Currently basecoating Leadbelcher bits

med_gallery_63428_9407_370125.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_330767.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_178834.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_151098.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_14600.jpeg

Second squad (airbrushed), three with sonic blasters, blast master wielder then squad leader.

Blue will be lightened a lot from now. Trim will be pastel purple.

med_gallery_63428_9407_393783.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_185073.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_2746.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_267250.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_226372.jpeg

I had the pink leg masked off so I have no idea how that spot of blue got on there! :(

Getting the pastel pink done is infinitely faster and smoother with the airbrush! What used to take me four or more coats takes one layer of lightened Vallejo Squid Pink and a second go over for touch ups.

• 1 month later...

Maybe it's just my sleep deprived brain doing weird things, but some of these are starting to look a lot like they're made of candy.

Candy...marshmallow...toothpaste...the list goes on :D

At last one is nearly done!

The zebra-skin tabard looks better in real life.

med_gallery_63428_9407_46182.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_746257.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_1149353.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_833139.jpeg

Thanks for the comments. I hope to get the other nine finished soon. Mainly metallics to do, which is always a chore.

Loving those colours! Sweet left shoulder pad too. Is that a Kierdale custom? I can’t say I recognize it

No custom, it’s just a Chaos Raptor shoulder pad. I felt the grills on many of them look more ‘Noise Marine’ than ‘Raptor’ so I never use them on Raptors and I save them for NMs.

The other bitz are a mix of CSM and Space Wolf.

Looks great! Something about that pose and the paintjob hits the right notes.

Do I detect a pun there? :D

I’ll admit this guy is one of my favourite poses of these ten new NMs. The stance of the legs, the angle of the head and top knot, the blastmaster. It came together well.

• 4 weeks later...

I’d neeearly finished the ten noise marines when I got the idea of remaking Space Crusade in my head. Damned 100 yen stores, there’s always something tempting/inspiring.

Likely l’ll finish them after I finish making this first Space Crusade board. Just their pelts and backpacks to do. On that note, I noticed that Games Workshop has stopped producing chaos space marine backpacks now :( it was very useful to be able to buy packs of five when converting loyalists to traitors. I will have to do a press mould of the ones I currently have so I can produce more of my own.

And on another-nother note I was thinking about perhaps adding a small detachment of Iron Warriors -rules wise anyway- as their Legion tactics allow them to ignore cover... which basically means sonic weapons. But what would be good? Havocs with sonic ‘lascannons’? Perhaps not as likely whatever they are targeting will not have a cover save... bikers with sonic plasma perhaps?

Then again I still have to finish:

Helldrake

Dreadclaw

Raptors

Rhino

Knight

More daemonettes

Giant spawn

...and perhaps a kitbashed dark mechanicus hellwright on abeyant. I have bitz and an idea.