Psychopomps (photos before farewell!)

Kierdale

I replaced the centre-front plate on the noise dreadnought today: the 'pilot', masked, mauled and somewhat mutated, is bursting from the daemonic flesh which cocoons him, various cables holding him in.

Photos once I've finished the GS work.

And I got some work done on Doom Rider.

First up: eight-pointed wheels.

med_gallery_63428_9407_241287.jpg

And the rest. One horn on that big skull broke so I'll just paint it up as damage. Holstered shotgun as the original model had. The sword will be transferred to a CSM arm. Torso will be headless.

Blades to be added either side of the melta-weapon.

Lots of White Scar helmets and heads on spikes protruding from the back of the bike.

Left arm simply holding the handlebars? I've seen people replace the exhaust pipes (the very final bits) with gargoyle muzzles...good idea?

Oh and the bike will be flying.

med_gallery_63428_9407_816917.jpg

If I may Kierdale, while the spiked tires are a cool touch (if a hazardous one for model handling) might I suggest turning this monster up to Eleven (Slaanesh's true sacred number) by taking that paticular concept to it's logical conclusion and replacing the standard bike wheels with the saw blade wheels from the Slaanesh Seeker Chariot ala Judas Priest's Painkiller:

cccb1b5519a8ca1d30c8f03501fc2ccd.jpg

Lookin' good! I like the idea of giving the bike more outrageous exhausts (not necessarily the Chaos vehicle sprue gargoyles mind you) and I adore those wheels.

One thing that might look good on Doomrider, even though he'll be lacking a head (seriously GW give us a mini-campaign where Doomrider returns to get his head back) is some kind of tattered cloak/scarf...thing. A mix between Megatron's cloak in Transformers 3 and Ryoma's scarf thingy in Getter Robo Armageddon. I dunno, long tattered cloth things always look cool.

SanguiniusReborn, that's an interesting idea. My first thought was "Sounds good but I'm sure the wheels will be too big, particularly for the rear wheel housing"...then I checked the GW website and the sprues..."oh, there are a few different sizes of wheel in there...and those daemonettes would look good on [other project]"...

Hmm...what do others think? Switch the spikes tyres for Seeker Chariot ones?

Midnight Runner, I added suspension springs from Kotobukiya:

suspension set

Kotobukiya's MSG series (modelling support goods) are all kinds of bits, mainly for customising mecha models, from those springs/pistons through grills (I used inside the land shrieker's doom boxes) to robot hands and a vast armoury of weapons.

Check the full range

I buy them from Yodobashi, an electrical appliance department store chain over here which has a good hobby floor.

SquigSquasher, with a backpack on him, and no neck, I don't think I can manage a scarf or cloak, but there will be smoke trailing from the exhausts (hiding the wires holding the bike off the ground).

SanguiniusReborn, that's an interesting idea. My first thought was "Sounds good but I'm sure the wheels will be too big, particularly for the rear wheel housing"...then I checked the GW website and the sprues..."oh, there are a few different sizes of wheel in there...and those daemonettes would look good on [other project]"...

Hmm...what do others think? Switch the spikes tyres for Seeker Chariot ones?

Glad you like the idea brother, I saw what you were doing with the wheels and that artwork just rushed to the forefront of my mind like a vision straight from the Dark Prince himself, I just couldn't pass up mentioning it.

Also, as a bonus the big ol'rear Thresher wheel from the Seeker Chariot makes a siiiick Dozer Blade/Destroyer Blades upgrade for Rhinos or Predators. :)

Alright, alright. Seeker wheels it is then.

The dread and Doom Rider are now on the back burner until I can get the Seeker kit and some more GS, the latter of which both need.

I may prep some Oblit pieces in the meantime. Oh, or get to work on Doom Rider's trophy rack. That first.

Teetengee, Doom Rider's neck will be a black void. I have already drilled deep into his torso.

I'll be spraying him Leadbelcher and trying the FW clear purple for his plate.

• 2 weeks later...

I step away from my the Psychopomps for one week to do a little work on my Mentors and this is what you do with my thread! :D

I'm still digesting all these rules leaks. I like what I hear about noise marines so far, them getting to have the last laugh riff.

But the change in obliterator weapons means I'm not so sure about doing my heavy weapon kill teams anymore. At first I was disappointed about that but now I think about it maybe instead I have to get some Chaos terminators and build some kind of big sonic weapon wielding terminators.

I step away from my the Psychopomps for one week to do a little work on my Mentors and this is what you do with my thread! :D

Well what did you expect Kierdale? This is a Slaanesh thread after all. :lol:

Just catching up with all the really cool updates.

​Seen your recently adding a Dreadnought.  Do you think you'll get the new Dreadnought seen during the weekend & maybe convert him up as a Leviathan Dreadnought
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/24/new-warhammer-40000-a-forge-world-datasheet-may24gw-homepage-post-4/

Will you also be take part in Armies on Parade this year?

Thanks for the comments.

My Daemonette Chariot should arrive in a week or two, then I can get Doom Rider's wheels replaced and get on with him. He needs some GS in an armpit due to the way I'm positioning one arm, and needs some GS filling around his bike's gun barrels. I've also got to make the columns of smoke coming from the exhausts, which will be lifting the bike into the air. Likely I'll base him on a flyer base - not because he's flying but for size.

As for Armies on Parade, I'm sorely tempted to enter again, yes. The staff asked me when I visited GW last week.

If I enter with the 'Pomps it will likely be at GW Jimboucho or one of the other bigger stores, but I might submit a small entry -more of a diorama- at GW Takadanobaba (the smallest GW but closest to my place). Perhaps my AoS minis on a small base.

Or I could leave the 'Pomps until next year when I'll have finished the knight, hell drake and drop pod too, and enter with my Guard.

Decisions, decisions!

EDIT: oh, as for the new dread, I might just get a Leviathan sometime instead. All those flat panels are screaming out for some freaky freehand/colours/camo.

EDIT 2: Looking at the leaked CSM info I think my Doom Rider could be a Daemon Prince in 8th edition: wings, warp-forged bolter, hellforged sword and the blade wheels will count as malefic talons :tu:

As I understand it the 'Quicksliver Swiftness' ability is something to do with striking first.

And he'd get Smite plus another power.

Nice.

Not bad for a guy with no head.

I just had an idea for a Slaaneshi Space Marine: Take the Blood Angel power armour with nipples and attach chains to the nipples, then chains to something else, like screaming slaves. 

:lol:

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/191/6/9/pleasing_to_slaanesh_by_justinedarkchylde-d56otmm.png

Once again I get what I deserve for forgetting to check on this thread for over a month :P Thankfully I had enough liked to give you, Kierdale.

Super psyched to see you do doomrider. And praise the Emperor that someone brought up the Painkiller album art, since we all know it's just Doomrider fan art. And it has his theme song (you have to change a couple words, but . . .

https://youtu.be/UJ4Nel-aHZM

Now, I don't spend much time following WIP treads, but for my money you're the best all around converter and painter I've seen (and you do Slaanesh beautifully) so seeing you do Doomrider, well, I've been waiting for this. :D

Oh, and I've PMed you.

WOW, Kierdale, I am so sorry I haven't looked here for  while - I missed the finished land speeder and everything after that. BUT on the other hand I got to binge feast upon all tat chaosy goodness. Where to start?

Doomrider's bike is looking damn schmexy - I'll have to steal the idea of the springs. 

But now the dread. You beat me to it. Of course, most chaos players have at some point considered sticking those spare forgefiend legs under a chaos dread. You just did it first. About the model representing a Sonic Dreadnought: how about it begin a decimator? Those will definitely have rules, and either weapon could function as a Soulburner Petard, and you could get away with proxying the blastmaster as a storm laser, no? :biggrin.:

Keep up the awesome work!

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Still waiting for my Daemonette Chariot to arrive. Hopefully this Saturday then I can pick it up on Monday and rewheel Doom Rider's bike. :tu:

While I wait for that I've been working on my Mentor Legion terminators and my Guard Lightning.

Augustus, thanks for the suggestion. Size-wise a Decimator might be more appropriate, yes. I'll have to check it out. :)

The SW Long Fangs I was going to use for Obliterator double-teams I'm thinking of using for more noise marines now. Much of the SW-stuff will be removed, but pelts will be done as leopard skin, of course. Either pistols and chainswords or sonic blasters as they seem better now, and a doom siren for the sergeant.

Sometime I'll get some Chaos terminators to make Obliterators: give them big, original, sonic weapons.

I just had an idea for a Slaaneshi Space Marine: Take the Blood Angel power armour with nipples and attach chains to the nipples, then chains to something else, like screaming slaves.

I'm not sure the BA nipples are big enough really. I might just GS some breasts onto a topless marine (there are a couple of marines with boobs on one side already in the army) and have chains from them. I hope to sometime do the Psychopomps chief apothecary on a palanquin made of the fused bodies of his slaves, so that might be appropriate to have some chained to him, pulling the palanquin forwards.