Psychopomps (photos before farewell!)

Kierdale

I like headless, maybe just some orange of flame colour coming from the neck hole. Where is this catacahan beach party photo evidence ?

Here it is:

Hidden Content

med_gallery_63428_7083_293317.jpg

med_gallery_63428_7083_172185.jpgmed_gallery_63428_7083_223113.jpgmed_gallery_63428_7083_306237.jpgmed_gallery_63428_7083_257486.jpgmed_gallery_63428_7083_65597.jpgmed_gallery_63428_7083_240821.jpgmed_gallery_63428_7083_450359.jpgmed_gallery_63428_7083_392081.jpgmed_gallery_63428_7083_141964.jpgmed_gallery_63428_7083_318373.jpgmed_gallery_63428_7083_385492.jpgmed_gallery_63428_7083_115276.jpg

I won GW Harajuku’s summer diorama competition a couple of years back with it.

Did you paint grapes?

What? Oh! The watermelons! No, they’re green stuff :) Over here ‘suika-wari’ (breaking watermelons with a wooden sword or bat while blindfolded) is a popular summer game, so I gave it a Catachan twist.

Slam Sector boards, the same brand as the picture of the Squat with skyboard in Rogue Trader. :D :tu:

I’m glad someone noticed that. I try to put something ‘Rogue Trader’ in all my dioramas (that in the beach party, the RT-rulebook in my Mordian trench and Psychopomps AoP display).

I was in GW Takadanobaba today to pick up an order and order some other bitz...and couldn’t stop myself from getting one of the random marines...

And I got lucky and got the heavy bolter guy :)

med_gallery_63428_11269_172606.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_11269_148608.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_11269_81934.jpeg

The captain’s pretty nice too. Perhaps sometime in the future.

Now, to do this guy as a Mentor or chaos him up as a Psychopomp Havoc...

Progress is slow! I’m working on the steeds at work and need to get started on the herald riders at home.med_gallery_63428_9407_819242.jpeg

The armour needs a purple glaze then there is just the horns/toes, eyes and tongue. I did the fronds, which are usually painted as hair, as tongues. It doesn’t show so well in this photo but from the front or top they look more like tongues.

Love that blue and pink on the steeds! The freehand chaos and Slaanesh markings are killer as well.

Also, that heavy bolter marine, is that part of the 'space marine busts' I keep seeing pop up in another sub forum?

Also, that heavy bolter marine, is that part of the 'space marine busts' I keep seeing pop up in another sub forum?

Yes, he’s one of the Japan-only random marines. Very nice. It’s going to be hard to not pick up one each time I visit GW :D

I’m glad you both like the colours and, yes WarriorFish, I painted the skin pretty ‘natural’ to (I hope) make it creepier. Perhaps that flesh used to be someone, or some people...

• 2 weeks later...

Just in time for AoP today I got the musician for each Daemonette squad done...

med_gallery_63428_9407_119700.jpegmed_gallery_63428_9407_472198.jpeg

Though I’d love to add more freehand to the skirt at some point. I also realised I left that one with both her boobs. Whoops. I cut the left one off all the rest of the Witch Elf conversions.

And the two mounted heralds of Slaanesh. The Twins.

I glued the onto bases at GW this morning.

med_gallery_63428_9407_388841.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_686321.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_103455.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_336315.jpeg

You can just about make out the pearl hanging from her crown here. The pearl paint worked out better than I had expected.

med_gallery_63428_9407_615918.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_1006627.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_9407_73982.jpeg

An ex-Harlequin? Or she just took it from one?

med_gallery_63428_9407_16555.jpeg

And you can see her pearl necklace.

med_gallery_63428_9407_51739.jpeg

Is the base layered cork?

How do you stop it being floppy, if so?

He said he glued it to a GW base just before the post images.

I am wondering, it looks like you may have glued them to the bases bikers used to come with judging by the shape you did the basing materials for your fiends. If so any reason not to go with the more oval one, Kierdale?

Edited by hushrong

Sou Desu ne. I am assuming Kierdale put them onto GW bases like he has done on his previous models. That materials looks like plasticard or something very similar since its so think. I do like this marble/stone basing but without support I'd be afraid of it dropping and snapping it.

Maybe that musician is more blessed for paying Slaanesh's beloved music?

Muuuuust resist horn-related innuendos!

Is the base layered cork?

How do you stop it being floppy, if so?

So, the bases:

Yes, I glued them to the long, narrow (apparently now ‘old’) biker bases (still available though) as those are what I have been using for my bikers up until now. If in the future they go out of production then of course I’ll have to make the change over to the oval ones for future bikes and steeds, and think about whether or not (likely not) to replace my existing biker and steed bases. My AoP diorama was more chockablock than last year what with the addition of Doom Rider, the twins, sniper scouts and the Land Shrieker so I think these narrow bases squeezed in well.

The tops of the bases (what you see them attached to in the above photos) are actually layers of thick card. I like the texture it gives whene drybrushed, and I feel that cork -which looks great and very cracked when painted- better suits concrete, whereas this battle is taking place on a wraithbone surface.

I’m getting on with my next ten noise marines now.

While the majority of the Psychopomps are ‘deployed’ in GW Takadanobaba’s AoP, I’m working on five of the ten WIP noise marines...

med_gallery_63428_9407_955212.jpeg

The pink is done though I may add some more contrast and I just put the first layer of green on today. I will do more work on that soon and then add blue.

I’ve added some more pink, more shades, using my wet palate. Photos later.

And I’ve been cleaning up the first five finecast sonic weapons. I removed the cables from the underside as they had nasty mould lines and I wanted to try changing the shape a little, and added some bitz so each was different. I may add more before the end.

med_gallery_63428_9407_289583.jpeg

And work on a second raptor (to go with the punchy champion). “Who’re you callin chicken?”

med_gallery_63428_9407_1463050.jpeg

Mohawk care of a Daemonette. For this squad I’m removing the trim from their left leg and arm to make the armour on that side smooth.

After bringing the ‘Pomps home from AoP (results as yet unannounced for 40k but I won Best Scenario Board for AoS) I took the opportunity to photograph each unit with the family camera (a decent one as opposed to using my phone as I usually do).

It, and packing them away again after, took three hours.

Once they’re all cropped down and edited, I’ll start a Psychopomps thread in the Hall of Honour. I’ve been meaning to for a long time, and this was a good chance.