Psychopomps (photos before farewell!)

Kierdale

Five now, ten eventually: chaos lord and 3x3 sonic obliterators is the plan.

There’ll be a variety of sonic weapons: one converted from a cyclone launcher I have spare, one from the heavy flamer, one from the reaper, perhaps one dual-wielding handheld weapons, some with big across-body guns if I can turn the arms right... I’ll see what other ideas I have.

But yes, I’ve got lots on my plate, so they’ll have to wait a bit :)

Combi-weapons are great, but can mount up the cost. Combi-plasma is very good as you can land in and double tap, whereas melta needs to get closer to get the rewards (also pricier). Axes are solid and cheap enough, a bit extra punch is good to have as they will end up in combat (as for Slaanesh, you'll want it too) so I'd consider a fist or two maybe a chainfist?

Well, it’s just the lord as the rest will be Obliterators, but I had completely forgotten about fists (power or chain). Good point.

Combibolter for cheap dakka, and chainfist for some punch, then?

Or...magnets :D

Sweet, I’m glad you scored some terminators. But I’m really looking forward to these PsychOblits. I’ve had some ideas for Oblits converted from Centurions for ages, but I know your work will add fuel to my ideas!

The Oblits will come in time :)

The two squads of NM, however, are done!

Scalp tattoos and leopard pelts

med_gallery_63428_13914_36636.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_13914_170695.jpeg

The blast master-wielder gouged his own eyes out. I hope the blood shows.

med_gallery_63428_13914_968427.jpegmed_gallery_63428_13914_72053.jpeg

Champion

med_gallery_63428_13914_1550863.jpegmed_gallery_63428_13914_971685.jpeg

Big hair and zebra pelt squad

med_gallery_63428_13914_778211.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_13914_976753.jpegmed_gallery_63428_13914_801590.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_13914_276561.jpegmed_gallery_63428_13914_472975.jpeg

Champion

med_gallery_63428_13914_613194.jpegmed_gallery_63428_13914_698838.jpeg

...sometime I really want to do a NM holding a blast master by the barrel, swinging it in melee like an axe...

Thank you!

The daemonette skin is a black undercoat, then Xereus Purple layered on top. A drybrush of Lucius Lylac (or just use the Edge paint Deschala Purple(?) and drybrush with it) on the upper surfaces. Wash all with Druchi Violet shade and that’s it.

The silver is just Leadbelcher, Nuln Oil wash. Then Runefang Steel highlight.

I hope that helps :)

Thank you!

The daemonette skin is a black undercoat, then Xereus Purple layered on top. A drybrush of Lucius Lylac (or just use the Edge paint Deschala Purple(?) and drybrush with it) on the upper surfaces. Wash all with Druchi Violet shade and that’s it.

The silver is just Leadbelcher, Nuln Oil wash. Then Runefang Steel highlight.

I hope that helps :smile.:

Yes.

It does indeed help quite a bit. Mainly because I had an idea of doing Daemon squads being obviously separated by their colour-scheme, and your super purple Daemonettes are definitely something I wanted to do for one of the squads.

• 5 weeks later...

I was in Yodobashi today (a big electronic appliance department store with a good hobby department) buying some more decals and I had enough points on my card to get a free Space Marine Hero so I got one and was lucky enough to get the auspex-carrier.

I think I might convert him into a cheap backfield Chaos Lord to babysit the big guns and give rerolls.

med_gallery_63428_9407_768755.jpeg

Nice helmet and Tigris(?) bolter.

Well, that chest plate will be easy enough to either clean up for freehand, or give him a boob on the right side.

If I can I’ll give him a chainsword, perhaps planted end-down in the ground before him. I might keep the bare head for Chapter Master Nisk Ran-Thawll for my Mentors...but I could use this helmeted head. Perhaps one horn on the left side, Venger-style :D or a top knot.

I’ll keep the sensor on the right shoulder...but I could add a daemonic eye coming up over his left shoulder too.

Other suggestions welcome (as I won’t be touching him until after the ETL).