Psychopomps (photos before farewell!)

Kierdale

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like it's working well to me. Maybe it'd be easier if you had a bigger canvas - got a spare ceiling handy?

I'm not sure what my landlord would say about that...not to mention my family... :biggrin.:

And the cultists are done!

First a quick question. Which is better...with HDR activated on the camera:

med_gallery_63428_9407_84194.jpg

Or not:

med_gallery_63428_9407_45644.jpg

The rest are close ups taken without.

First up is triple-tentacle boy.

med_gallery_63428_9407_249716.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_279905.jpg

A couple of walkers.

med_gallery_63428_9407_9257.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_827855.jpg

Clawed, and Spiral Chestplate.

med_gallery_63428_9407_440091.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_749945.jpg

Single tentacle.

med_gallery_63428_9407_224897.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_454344.jpg

About to swing their blades. The left one is one of my favourite. I tried a slight head turn and I think it came out well as all the rest are looking dead ahead. If when I get some more (as ten is not enough!) I'll do some more turned heads.

med_gallery_63428_9407_518994.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_98282.jpg

Leader with his "alas poor..." pose.

med_gallery_63428_9407_66268.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_65109.jpg

And the standard bearer.

med_gallery_63428_9407_583962.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_199389.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_59756.jpg

Damn that paint looks thick on there :biggrin.:

It's...umm...representative of the heavy cloth... :wink:

Non-HDR shot looks better, but that could be for any number of reasons I'm not qualified to elaborate on! :tongue.: They look great, I will definitely have to revisit them for ideas should I decide to add some cultists to my force :biggrin.: I particularly like the skin detail on the mutated arms and of course the cloaks are really nice, as well as cloaks being fitting for a Slaaneshi follower (they're fabulous, after all). It's a shame they'd be removed from the table top by the handful :laugh.:

I think no hdr looks better to me too. The cultist are awesome. The freehand on the cloaks, the twisted tentacles, and of course the chapel ceiling banner are my favorite details. It's almost a shame that is on the back of the banner, although the front is superb as well.

Do you think a brightness boost would help? Perhaps I'll have a play with the settings next time.

But as for now I'm signing off. See you all after the holidays, when the Psychopomps will be a Knight stronger...

And I'll have some White Scars trophies for some headless dude's bike's trophy rack...

• 5 weeks later...

I'm back from my holiday in Blighty where I had an excellent time and spend far too much at Games Workshop ( I keep telling myself how much more expensive it would've been here in Japan :D).

For this and other armies and projects I now have enough models to keep me busy for most of this year ( unless of course if they release new Slaanesh models which I'll have to buy ;) ).

For the Psychopomps I bought a knight, a Chaos war shrine and other bits to convert it into chaos knight, I bought enough parts to complete my Doom Rider that I've been working on on the quiet....and the BA jump pack chaplain to convert into a Raptor lord (weapons suggestions??).

So, I've got a former Templars rhino, a helrazor, a dreadclaw, a raptor lord, a knight and Doom Rider to work on this year!

Oh, and the sniper scouts I'm finishing off at work.

Sniper progress. The war paint across the eyes is a nod to the original space marine scout artwork (Advanced Space Crusade and the like).

First up.

med_gallery_63428_9407_51625.jpg

Next. Purple to be added to his 'camouflage cloak to jazz it up a bit.

med_gallery_63428_9407_273659.jpg

The helmet on his belt might be Black Legion, or something clearly Khornate.

med_gallery_63428_9407_176941.jpg

And the three with (nice, bright orange) hair. Note that horns are not finished yet.

med_gallery_63428_9407_542267.jpg

This one will also get some purple added to his cloak. Tentacles winding along the pinky muscle-fibre strings or something.

med_gallery_63428_9407_103569.jpg

And the scout with the missile launcher.

med_gallery_63428_9407_108548.jpg

I also got a little GS work done on the dreadclaw: put some GS into the mould of my teeth that I took ages ago. And did some cutting and work on the Raptor lord, though not enough to show yet.

I wonder in what kind of eye cancer causing environment such camo cloaks make sense. :D
Other than that nice work. Exactly how the fluff tries to sell us Emperor's Children all the time color combination-wise. ;)

I'm sure whatever's pumping through their veins makes them think that camo is the very best idea ;)

WIP of the raptor lord. Plasma pistol and who-knows-what-blade. I gave him a plasma pistol because I don't have any in the army and I want to paint one. I don't game these days anyway.

the Terminator/veteran honour badge that was hanging from his neck I replaced with a meat hook and replaced the blood drop on his chest with Slaaneshi jewelry from the Hellstriders.

Masks added to hilt will be done as if made of jade, as per those worn by half of my daemonettes. As for the colour of the blade itself I am undecided.

Still need to GS fill the X on his right knee and right shoulder pad and the blood drop impressions on the wings. I love that the armour has a muscle-texture look on the right side of it only, and the left has more ornamentation. He was made to be Slaaneshified.

I may add a spike to his right knee.

Removing the chaplains big collar left that area a bit bare so I might add some pin-tip spikes there too and perhaps some as horns in his scalp, or a single horn on one side a-la the sniper scouts. What do you think?

med_gallery_63428_9407_308174.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_191519.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_386501.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_621674.jpg

And a little dreadclaw progress.

I should point out that I took a mould of a fair section of my teeth and used a side section if I remember correctly to make this piece. My teeth are way better than this would make them seem! :D

That disclaimer made, here we go...

Hidden Content

med_gallery_63428_9407_1007556.jpg

Imagine torn, pierced lips about that mouth, chains embedded in them, tearing them open, and you'll have an idea of what's in store.

The Raptor Lord looks superb. Blood Angels parts do seem to lend themselves very well to Slaanesh. With regards to the collar, I reckon a ring of spikes/barbs on the shaved down surface would look suitably Slaaneshi, and would definitely make it look more chaotic and less Blood Angel-y.

The Dreadclaw looks like it's going to be pretty damned awesome too. I may get some molding stuff and steal that trick- although my overcrowded teeth would probably produce results more suitable for a Nurgle army...

Thanks for the comments.

No dreadclaw progress today.

I did add five (real metal and rather sharp) spikes to the lord's armour...

med_gallery_63428_9407_737582.jpg

The red mark at the bottom of the middle spike is not an annointment in honour of Khorne but rather where I was marking the spot to drill with a pen.