Psychopomps (photos before farewell!)

Kierdale

Thanks for the comments.

It should certainly prove to be striking, and hopefully off-putting! I know a lot of gamers will hate to have their models killed by hermaphrodidic psychopaths clad in pastel shades! :D

It certainly provides a nice contrast with my Shrineworld garrison of IG.

Progress on the other two bikers.

gallery_63428_9407_26575.jpg

Reminds me a bit of marshmallows.

The green base is done, next will be shading and highlighting.

gallery_63428_9407_7289.jpg

Another coat or two of purple then onto shading and highlighting.

And got started on the pink basecoats for the Noise Marines. It's repetitive work...

I also stopped by my GW today to get some White Scar (as Ceramite is so thick), and ordered the yellow and orange Edge paints. When I do a pink/yellow marine I'll be sure to do him quartered and call him Battenburg.

Battenburg... now I want some cake. The colours are coming together really well, I'm afraid they might not be as jarring as you'd like at this rate :tongue.: Though they remind me of early 90s fashion which is a whole different type of horrifying, perhaps too much even for Slaanesh :laugh.:

Be fun to see our forces lined up against someone. Look like a crazy sweet mixture.

Indeed!

I think we could give Nurgle armies a run for their money when it comes to nauseating.

Though they remind me of early 90s fashion which is a whole different type of horrifying, perhaps too much even for Slaanesh :lol:

90s fashion?! My heresy has found new depths! :D

Slannesh army looking really cool Kierdale.  The Slannesh Biker remind me a lot of the 2nd ed era style look - White Dwarf 202 with the conversion article & John Blanche art work on conversion.  As well as the bloodquest comic book by Black Library.

What have you got planned for the army/adding in to this warbands?

Thank you, Insane. Psychopath.

Unfortunately when I first got out of the hobby I got rid of all my old WDs (started around WD 126) but will see what I can find online about 202. And this 'Bloodquest' I'll have to have a look into.

What I have planned:

At 500-points:

Biker lord, claw.

Five bikers, melta bombs, 2 melta guns.

2 blast masters with five noise marines each.

At 1000-points:

Add melta bombs to the Lord.

Three dirge caster rhinos (with Eldar captives chained/hooked/tied to the hulls. In Mad Max 2 the baddies tied captives to upright frames on the front of their vehicles. Like that. Plus tentacles).

One doom siren/close-combat noise marine squad. Got some lovely poses in mind. Need more Eldar for basing these.

2 Maulerfiends, one magma, one tentacles. Tentacle one will be standing on a jet bike, one tentacle through the rider it plucked from the seat. Head in mouth?

And other models bought/planned:

Raptors.

Terminators to go with a terminator lord I received. Power lances or a mix of weapons.

Cultists (basic cultist models plus Goliath-based ones. Got some spare Catachan parts too).

Two squads of Daemonettes (Dark Elf witches with Daemonette heads, and vice-versa).

More bikers.

Probably a Helldrake, with belly tentacles plucking Eldar from the ground.

Keeper of Secrets converted from a Cygor/Whatsit.

Serpent-tailed sorcerer and a converted attack bike as his ride.

I think that's all! That should cover me for the next year or two!

Thank you, Insane. Psychopath.

Unfortunately when I first got out of the hobby I got rid of all my old WDs (started around WD 126) but will see what I can find online about 202. And this 'Bloodquest' I'll have to have a look into.

You can find Bloodquest comic here

http://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-40000/Book-of-Blood-the.html

The Book of Blood collects together all three books of Gordon Rennie and Colin MacNeil’s critically acclaimed Bloodquest comic strip

It just really cool & I think you'd like it. 

ADB did show John Blanche art work from WD 202/2nd ed Codex Chaos over on his facebook page a year ago?  But Wd202 for the conversion by memeber of the studio.

That should definitely keep you busy for a while, it's similar to some of the stuff I was thinking about too as well as a theme of picking on the Eldars (because they deserve it). I don't think I'll stretch to tentacle additions but I'm looking forward to seeing how that looks :) I am really keen to see some refreshers Termies :P

I'll get myself a kazoo(?) and do the Benny Hill song as he and his followers trudge about slowly. That, added to my colour scheme, ought to drive opponents to insanity.

It wouldn't be an easy conversion, but therein lies the challenge.

Which gives me an idea.

Only if you play a little ditty each time he moves :lol: It's a great idea, but isn't the Typhus model quite nurgley so it might be easier to convert a model up to be fabulous?

I had another look at the Typhus model on the GW site and you do have a good point, on second thoughts! :D

I would have to remove those nurglings, boils, fly-emblems...might remodel the scythe as a huge axe (Slaanesh symbol as the blade)...

I did get the Terminator Lord as a surprise birthday present and have no plans for it. That might be a better base...

CoC-wise:

Shaded blue, purple and green on the bikers. Will be highlighting those next, then glazes.

Still layering pink on the noise marines.

Lacking both a rotary tool and the funds for one (what with Christmas on the way) that doesn't concern me too much. Perhaps I've always been lucky with Finecast but I don't mind it. Aside from one sword which will never be straight, I've never had problems with it (beyond a little GS filling).

The terminator lord would probably be bigger than Typhus though, right? Typhus being rather old...

I did consider Typhon too but yes, as WarriorFish said, it wouldn't make financial sense.

Converting the Terminator Lord it is then! :)

What then for the horde of entranced cultists? Perhaps a mass of different miniatures; Cadians, Catachans, cultists, Empire Free Company conversions...

Not that I'll be doing any of his for quite a while anyway, but planning helps me deal with the tedium of layering Fulgrim Pink.

I remember Forte suggesting I just mix white with Emperor's Children. I wonder if that might give a similar pink though with more pigment..? Might be worth a try.