Ludovic's Marines Errant

Dosjetka

Right, well my recent lack of posts has to do with me being quite busy with school and real life in general. However, I've been building up my pile of bitz over the past few months too and have now launched myself into a new project. I'm aiming for heavily converted models with bitz all across the current Space Marine kits, all painted to a reasonable level (Tabletop+).

The starting point of the project comes from MagicMan's Marines Errant, though I've decided to go with metallic blue armour instead of the opaque blue he's gone with. As with many of the board's Frater, I take inspiration from the B&C's greatest hobbyists (nurgling6688, 1000heathens, DarthPotato and Blindhamster, to name a few) so many thanks to them.

Usually, I never finish these projects of mine, but hopefully this one will be different. How, you ask? Well, I've already built and undercoated eight members from the first Tactical Squad... msn-wink.gif

But first, obligatory picture of my messy work desk:

med_gallery_45765_9166_477775.png

And now, pictures of the models themselves! (names, fluff and paintjobs will come in time)

Boltgun dude #1

med_gallery_45765_9166_29766.png

Rocket launcher dude

med_gallery_45765_9166_38647.png

Sergeant dude

med_gallery_45765_9166_256107.png

Boltgun dude #2

med_gallery_45765_9166_442378.png

Boltgun-and-knife dude

med_gallery_45765_9166_473684.png

Plasma gun dude (without the plasma gun or backpack)

med_gallery_45765_9166_367220.png

Boltgun dude #3

med_gallery_45765_9166_39226.png

(backside shot which shows off the belt-attached helmet, something which all of the helmetless models have, though I didn't want to bore y'all with extra backside shots of unpainted models)

med_gallery_45765_9166_438902.png

Boltgun dude #4 (which is also the test model for the paint scheme; not yet finished but very close to final result)

med_gallery_45765_9166_264920.png

And black-and-white demi-squad posing shot

med_gallery_45765_9166_916327.png

As of now (17:25 GMT+1, 22nd February 2014), all of the models are basecoated and ready to have their first coat of metallic paint applied to them. I'll be doing that over the next couple of weeks, between traveling and school work, though I'll probably post and update sooner than that.

Anyway, thanks for looking and I hope that you like what you see thumbsup.gif

dss7: Thanks for the compliment! I'm glad that my efforts show on the models :)

Brother Tyrax: I was hiding in your closet, where else? :P Anyway, thanks for the kind words! And I'm glad that the Sarge doesn't look too flashy, as I'm not too keen on that and tried to shy away from it.

batu: Git :lol: I hope so too!

hushrong: Thanks mate, glad you like 'em :)

mikhail: It's been a while, my friend. Hopefully I won't have to leave for so long next time. Thanks for the kind words :)

Aquilanus: Touché :sweat:

Blindhamster: Thanks mate, means a bucketful coming from someone like you!

Tarvik: Cheers mate, always glad to please :) I'm looking forward to seeing more of your Carcharodons myself!

Heinrich: Thanks, more paint shall be on the menu in about a week's time! Turns out I stayed with the Badab War idea, just swapped sides a bit ;)

DF: Cheers mate!

Anaziel: Huzzah! I'm not the only fan of them out there after all :P Thanks for the follow!

Now, onto something a little bit special and a little bit out of the ordinary:

Lhorke Farchaval, the Crow-man, Armsmaster aboard the 'Blade of Skent'

med_gallery_45765_9166_155711.png

med_gallery_45765_9166_339601.png

med_gallery_45765_9166_491033.png

med_gallery_45765_9166_78092.png

This chap practically built himself in the space of a few hours. The parts just came together (with a healthy dose of trial and error) and I'm really happy with the end result. He's the first of (hopefully) many non-Astartes models that I'll be building as part of this project. Since the Marines Errant are intricately linked with the Rogue Trader House Ecale, I figured that giving them some presence in the form of models rather than just words was a rather good idea. I hope that you'll all agree anyway ;)

Right, that's it for today. Thanks again for all of the kind words and see you again in about a week's time (if not before)!

hah, that guy is pretty awesome! will you be using the rogue traders as counts as guard or inquisition? Can't wait to see more. rogue traders have SO much potential... hope to see a trench coat with pirate shoulders and a cutlass at some point :P

Keep up the spiffy work, its projects like this that help inspire the rest of us

He looks good, but the black primer almost prevented me to understand what he was hodling in his right hand. Thankfully the second picture cleared that up, though I'm not sure whether they're human or undead heads. Would you mind telling us what bits went into building him?

The rest looks good as well. I love how you did the color scheme.

Blindhamster: Cheers mate, glad you like him :) Still not sure if I'll actually use the models on the gaming table; if I do, it'll probably be with the Inquisition "codex". You'll see trenchcoats, though not necessarily associated with pirate shoulders and a cutlass ;) And if I actually manage to inspire someone, I'll be downright chuffed.

batu: Thanks!

Knight of the Raven: I see what you mean, woops! It's actually a hand holding two cut-off human heads from the Skaven Stormvermin kit. The other kits that I used are listed below:

- legs, head and blade from the Empire Greatswords kit;

- shield from the Empire State Troops kit;

- torso from the Space Marine Scout Squad kit (quite heavily modified to make it slimmer);

- both arms from the Space Marine Sternguard Veteran Squad kit;

- purity seal from the Space Marine Tactical Squad kit;

- and the servo skull is from the Space Marine Devastator kit.

And thanks, glad you like the colour scheme (was a pain in the arse to figure out)! :)

dss7: I've been a big fan and long-time follower of the INQ28 "movement", so this is my way of creating similar miniatures, but with my own personal twist. If you ever go back to your project, I'd love to see how you do your House Ecale members!

Brother Tyrax: He certainly does know his business; if he didn't, the latest scion of House Ecale would have a very mutinous crew to lead ;) (more fluff concerning Lhorke on the way!)

Now, instead of doing important things like getting ready for trips and such, I took some time to paint Master Lhorke's head.

med_gallery_45765_9166_270696.png

The picture above was taken in hyper-zoom mode, so it makes everything look a lot messier and blurry than it actually is to the naked eye. He actually looks half dead here, which is not very useful when you're the Armsmaster on an influential Rogue Trader's ship :lol:

Anyway, won't be able to do any more painting until next week-end, so expect an update then. Thanks for looking!

Archived