Abaddon vs Sigismund

Except there is no evidence that they fought, and if they do it will just be an opportunity for a Black Library author to make Sigismund lose to make Abaddon look better. I'd prefer Sigismund vs Khârn. Doesn't matter who wins that one really, because A D B will likely write it and he is the best at making even sides fights.

Maybe its  just Abaddon hasn't done much in the books or I can't remember but heresy Abaddon never struck me as the threat he'd later become. A tired beat up Loken seemed to do ok against him and I can't see Sigismund doing any worse even just going off reputation.

A long way back somewhere on the B&C we had an entire thread dedicated to Battle Bracket of characters. These two ended up being the last two standing if I recall correctly. It's a pick em if you ask me. The odds makers in Vegas would have a tough time handicapping this fight.

Abaddon, since he is alive and Sigismund isn't around anymore

Abaddon lives only because he never faced the first Champion of the Emperor. Some Men are born (or engineered) into Greatness, some have it thrust upon them, then there are those donned in a Tabard bearing a Maltese Cross whom find Greatness and beat it into submission.

I would favor Abby over Sigismund only because I think Abby would cheat first. He would fight dirty to win, and I think Sigismund's honor may prevent him from doing the same.

WLK

I don't know, Abaddon was always considered an honorable warrior, atleast before his Dark Pilgramage.

Are we talking about Abaddon pre-Warmaster ascension and favor of the dark gods?

This one feels like it'd be pretty close, honestly.

The thing is, we haven't really seen either of these guys really live up to their stated reputations. Sigismund just hasn't really had any showcased fights yet. We really only have references to his reputation and his dominance in the World Eater gladiator cages.

Abaddon on the other hand... well, he had his match against Loken... which was mostly him stomping around in Terminator plate impervious to Loken's attacks.

I think part of it is that despite what we know about Abaddon's role post-Heresy, we really haven't seen him all that much during the Heresy. He's never had the spotlight or novels exploring him the way ADB's Betrayer did for Khârn. And that's understandable, given he is very much in Horus' shadow for now.

So... until we get more stuff showcasing either of these guys, it's hard to say.

His gaze drifted, shifting realities and time with every blink of the eye. The images shifted by rapidly, but one caught his eye. The images slowed to a stop, as a frown crossed his face. The images sped up again, in reverse. It took him four times, shifting back and forth before he found what caught his attention. There, in the embattled sky of the human species' birthworld.

--++++--

The sword arced overhead, smashing against the enemy's armor but glancing off.

"ONE CRUSADE!" yelled the Black Knight, bringing his blade back for another swing.

Before the blow could land, Abaddon dropped a shoulder and bodily slammed into Sigismund. His eyes were wide with hate as he spitefully answered.

"MULTIPLE CRUSADES!"

--++++--

Shaking his head, Uatu let his gaze drift once more.

I KNOW. I KNOW THE ANSWER. 

But then, I cheated. I wrote the answer a few months ago.

It may still get changed in editing, mind you.

You damn tease. Don't make me buy a plane ticket.

Cant remeber if Abaddon ever challenged anyone notable, but as it is sayed he is one of the strongest fighters of all Legions.

In rules he only can win an challenge becouse he has an istakill mastercraft Powerfist (Str 8 is killing evrything exept an primarch).

But there is also the problem, Sevetar can slay anything in an challange bevore it can attack.

Story wise i would say Abaddon never faced Sigismund or something seperatet them if they did.

Also Storywise dont forget one thing: Abaddon fights to win like all SoH, there are Incredible ambishous, so he never fights fair.

Even Loken didnt Fight fair as he first Challanged Lucius.

A D-B hates Templars/Fist start in 3, 2, 1... :)

Seriously now, really looking forward to this.

You damn tease. Don't make me buy a plane ticket.

This was exactly my mental response, Exactly!

Cant remeber if Abaddon ever challenged anyone notable, but as it is sayed he is one of the strongest fighters of all Legions.

In rules he only can win an challenge becouse he has an istakill mastercraft Powerfist (Str 8 is killing evrything exept an primarch).

But there is also the problem, Sevetar can slay anything in an challange bevore it can attack.

Story wise i would say Abaddon never faced Sigismund or something seperatet them if they did.

Also Storywise dont forget one thing: Abaddon fights to win like all SoH, there are Incredible ambishous, so he never fights fair.

Even Loken didnt Fight fair as he first Challanged Lucius.

There is no such thing as a "fair fight" when it's life or death. Those are rules imposed as limitations in games.  War isn't a game, so there are no rules technically. I know i know we have rules of conduct in war now, but those go right out the window in civil wars. not arguing, just a point to mention.

Second of all, if a guy has a powerfist and his back turned, I would think nothing about blasting him with a meltagun, fair or not...

I wonder what it says about me that whenever one of these discussions pop up my first reaction is always: "Meh, trick them into running into a Shadowsword's range, and it won't matter how good they are with a chunk of metal. They'll burn all the same." cool.png

My philosophy is more or less: it does not matter how good the enemy is at hand to hand, so long you as you shoot them to pieces before they get there (I know, I know. I have an insufficient appreciation for awesome):

Archived