Queen Bee Knight -- Thank you! Please read the new post

JeffTibbetts

Thanks again, everybody. I'm still working up some big final pictures. I might wait til I get my new phone in a couple weeks with any luck. Knowing me I'll get impatient and take the pics now and then just redo it later.

Okay, it's time to move this fair lady from the WIP forum to the finished work forum. Check out her new digs in this post. 

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/313086-the-queen-bee-freeblade-imperial-knight-pic-heavy/?p=4160183

Thank you again, one and all, for your incredible showing of support for the last year and half. The Queen exists because of each and every supporter who has commented over the 37 pages of this WIP thread. You guys and gals are amazing in every sense of the word. 

The end of an era. You should be really, really proud of this project. It's been really interesting watching it grow.

Thank you! And I am proud, but in a sort of humble way. I was just bumbling my way through most of it, trying new stuff out. Between that and all the feedback, it's almost like it isn't really my project anymore if you know what I mean. I think it turned out really well, but it's hard to take much credit for it I guess. I feel like I got lucky. :D 

Yeah man, it was an awesome ride following this thread, seeing her being built, your communication and interaction with the commenters here, seeing your learning curve as you tried out and mastered techniques, and of course (last but most certainly not least) the end result. Be proud of her, and the fantastic contribution to this forum with this awesome, awesome thread. :tu: Thanks!

Yeah man, it was an awesome ride following this thread, seeing her being built, your communication and interaction with the commenters here, seeing your learning curve as you tried out and mastered techniques, and of course (last but most certainly not least) the end result. Be proud of her, and the fantastic contribution to this forum with this awesome, awesome thread. thumbsup.gif Thanks!

Thanks for helping me along! I love this community.

You know what? I finally realize what your avatar depicts: a half-concealed cup pouring molten steel in a T-shape. Wow. Took me 18 months. biggrin.png

Brilliant! Now you have to decide if it's molten metal or a paint pot.

And it's not so much concealed as lit from below in a dark room. \

That's way too fun.

My Loricatus-armored Land Raider, mainly. I've got a good start on the interior and the armor plates are ready to rock. Just need to put some time into putting them on and then I can keep on painting. Trying to decide if/how much decoration and free handing I want to add to it before I start working on weathering it up. 

Man, she looks incredible. This is now my mental gold standard for Knight plogs.

You know what? I finally realize what your avatar depicts: a half-concealed cup pouring molten steel in a T-shape. Wow. Took me 18 months. biggrin.png

Son of a...

Dragonlover

You should put the link in here to your new project, so we can all come over & see how you are progressing

That's not a bad idea. I haven't updated it in a while, but here's the WIP post with the interior work. http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/304164-eagle-eyes-land-raider-finished-interior-sneak-peek/?p=3966230

Man, she looks incredible. This is now my mental gold standard for Knight plogs.

Son of a...

Dragonlover

Haha. I'm enjoying this... I knew it was obscure, but if the Queen didn't clue you in I have a thing for 'Ah-hah' moments so I guess it's all part of the plan. Mostly I just wanted something distinctive and visually interesting. I do a bit of logo design as a hobby so I played around with quite a few options.

This animation might help if you're not seeing it yet:

gallery_74115_9011_572965.gif

Archived