Imperial Knight Final WIP: Damage Control

Nusquam

I picked up my Knight pre-order before I went into work. As soon as I got home I went to town on the kit. I knew I didn't want the default spread leg pose. So I decided a little modification was in order...

First thing I did was cut the inner thigh webbing so it was vertical. My hand slipped a bit but nothing a little green stuff can't fix.

Then I cut the 'hooves' that attach the bottom of the shin to the foot plate

Glued it all together...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-I_Cr32Xhb54/UxFlVD5niVI/AAAAAAAAAi8/cdphEHwAQMM/s1600/IMAG1188.jpg

Taking the remaining pistons and cutting off the rod and using a pinning kit to make my own custom length. Then I filled in the gap in the center with green stuff.

Taking a que from last weeks White Dwarf I glued a bit of sprue on the small bolt that stuck up through the bottom of the torso so it can rotate...

... in any...

... direction!

That's it for tonight... more throughout the weekend...

I have almost zero middle-ground between interested and completely and totally obsessed. I've been planning this in my head ever since I saw the kit haha.

I was planning something like this for my own Knight(s), good to see it's not as hard as I thought it might be.

What thickness of rod did you use to replace the pistons in the foot?

It wasn't too hard. They're 1/16" I believe, the size that comes with the galeforec9 pinning drill set. They're just the ones I had on hand, you could go a bit bigger if you wanted.

I was planning something like this for my own Knight(s), good to see it's not as hard as I thought it might be.

What thickness of rod did you use to replace the pistons in the foot?

It wasn't too hard. They're 1/16" I believe, the size that comes with the galeforec9 pinning drill set. They're just the ones I had on hand, you could go a bit bigger if you wanted.

Cheers. They do look a little thin to my eye, so I might go bigger.

Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Thanks for posting this. I can't wait to get mine tomorrow. I was thinking for the pistons that I could just cut them out and swap them around. I may have to get some plastic or brass rod like you did. Maybe I'll take a bit of leg to the hobby shop and size it out if I'm feeling really ambitious. I'm glad to hear the hip bits were pretty easy to change up. 

What're you planning to do with the pistons and cables at the hip?

Forgive all the questions, just keen to have a good guide for when I get to it!

No worries, ask away! The pistons I'll just repeat what I did for the feet. Looking at the the cables I'm not really feeling them... I may not add them or make my own that are shorter and less "hook on everything it walks by or smashes through!"

Thanks for posting this. I can't wait to get mine tomorrow. I was thinking for the pistons that I could just cut them out and swap them around. I may have to get some plastic or brass rod like you did. Maybe I'll take a bit of leg to the hobby shop and size it out if I'm feeling really ambitious. I'm glad to hear the hip bits were pretty easy to change up. 

If you pose it walking straight like this the side pistols default length will have two that are too long and two that are too short. That's why I used the pinning kit. The kit is great and the transfers are surprisingly good in quality.

I'm also debating lengthening the chainsword.... hmn...

I have planned since first seeing it to have one leg up, stomping on something that just got torn up by the D. I'm working with a buddy to get some Necron bits for the job. It will def require some knee, hip and foot reposing.

I have planned since first seeing it to have one leg up, stomping on something that just got torn up by the D. I'm working with a buddy to get some Necron bits for the job. It will def require some knee, hip and foot reposing.

Nice nice. The knee will have to be cut and reposed but I don't expect it to be too difficult to do. I'm noticing with this kit that its generally not hard to repose, just time consuming.

Assembling this kit I realized... This kit is modular. There is a peg slot on the top of the hull that would be perfect for
mounting say... a Carapace Mounted Missile Launcher. As well as the ability to freely switch out the arms... I'm excited for what the future holds for these kits...

And now, Pictures! My friends Knight (Hand of Sigsmund) left and mine right. We swapped arms around for fun. He also did the default pose.

(Terrible Internet is preventing me from formatting well this ha)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-cZVHAu3-8Rk/UxLDgKG-HYI/AAAAAAAAAkY/FJYAS0t8wTM/s1600/IMAG1199.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-wBPkikUKJo4/UxLDZNCUhUI/AAAAAAAAAkQ/25mKGSjNXJ0/s1600/IMAG1198.jpg

Just finished the shoulder and right leg pads!

I have also decided on his origin and motif. Long story short, he stayed behind to protect a planets last city after the nobility used the
landers to evacuate riches instead of people and the LotD showed up they saved the people. The LotD gave him an imperial tarot set
as he would no loner serve that house and decided to follow a "Higher path". He had heard stories of the LotD and how they were thought to be the Emperors fury made manifest. SO he uses the tarot to commune with Emps and seems to show up along side the LotD or in places he is needed. So he has painted his knight to reflect a new oath to the people of the Imperium and the how the LotD saved his people.

Oh did I mention it was a mining and megasaur meat planet? Nurgles rot tainted the meat and corrupted individuals and created a plague zombie outbreak that included, that's right, plague megasaurs.

Zombie Dinosaurs.

I'll let the awesome sink in. Ha, until next time, and thanks for the support!

Those look stellar! Tell me that's not freehand lettering, for the love of all things holy.

Thank ye haha

Lettering Origin:

It's freehand

Fantastic spoiler. Your Knight is looking top notch.

Archived