Shattered Legions : Vulkan Lives! Edition... (new scheme)

Oooooh, that's a bingooooo! That's how you say it right? :D

It's so awsome I gotta steal lines from Quentin Taratino!

I admit I have never thought about an iron hands mortitat but I like yours! I can't wait to see him fall to the night lords!

He looks suitably nasty.... Real nice looking chap. Love the use of the astral claws model. CHOOM!!!

Plasma is for hipsters, Choom culls the weakness of the flesh!

Oh man , that guy looks like an absolute beast , i love how you were able to make him look so suitable for your legion. Really looking forward to seeing homeboy painted.

Thanks! You won't have to wait long, he gets done today msn-wink.gif

That's awesome

Thanks!

Oooooh, that's a bingooooo! That's how you say it right? biggrin.png

It's so awsome I gotta steal lines from Quentin Taratino!

I admit I have never thought about an iron hands mortitat but I like yours! I can't wait to see him fall to the night lords!

Lectitio Divinitatus 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of the Emperor, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon you." Now... I been sayin' that censored.gif for years. And if you ever heard it, that meant your ass. You'd be dead right now. I never gave much thought to what it meant. I just thought it was a cold-blooded thing to say to a mother:cusser before I popped a cap in his ass. But I saw some censored.gif this mornin' made me think twice. See, now I'm thinking: maybe it means you're the evil man. And I'm the righteous man. And Mr. Choom Pistol here... he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of darkness. Or it could mean you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. And I'd like that. But that censored.gif ain't the truth. The truth is you're the weak, the flesh is weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Traitor. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd.

By Ferrus' chrome pinky, that 'tat is the man.

He's comin' to get ya, slow and purposeful msn-wink.gif

And that's why I can't choose between Warriors and Hands (and the Raiders/Guard, but that's another story altogether). Hopefully Hel-Blackshields soon. That jump pack looks ace, what's it made from?

Iron Warriors are nice, Iron hands are just nicer. The aesthetics for the current figs don't lie, the flesh is weak and so is the IW kits. Also, IH do quite many different play styles extremely well, the IW do not. 2 dreadnought forearms from the forgeworld boxy arm kit.

Iron Warriors are nice, Iron hands are just nicer.

And look what being nice got Ferrus.

Daemonette: "Whose mace is this?"

Fulgrim: "It's a warhammer, baby."

Daemonette: "Whose warhammer is this?"

Fulgrim: It's Ferrus'.

Daemonette: "Who's Ferrus?"

Fulgrim: "Ferrus is dead, baby. Ferrus is dead."

SCNR

And look what being nice got Ferrus.

Daemonette: "Whose mace is this?"

Fulgrim: "It's a warhammer, baby."

Daemonette: "Whose warhammer is this?"

Fulgrim: It's Ferrus'.

Daemonette: "Who's Ferrus?"

Fulgrim: "Ferrus is dead, baby. Ferrus is dead."

SCNR

Quixus : You okay?

Wolf_Pack: Naw man. I'm pretty :cussin' far from okay.

Quixus: What now?

Wolf_Pack: What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' Battle-Brothers, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', Traitor boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass.

Quixus: I meant what now between me and you?

Wolf_Pack: Oh, that what now. I tell you what now between me and you. There is no me and you. Not no more.

That little speech was fantastic. I now see why he's a moritat. Naughty language

Please tell me you've seen Pulp Fiction ^_^;

Of course. Who would've thought that it bridges so well to 30k

Now there's only a minute difference between "Shelling civilians who got in the way with artillery" and "Shelling civilians who got in the way with nuclear warheads". You guys just get more fun tools to play with. Iron Hands stuff is fresh from the Terawatt forges, full of archaeotech and esoteric augmetics, held together by sub-molecular bonds. Iron Warriors stuff was built in a cave, is full of pre-stellar tech, held together by liberal amounts of duct tape, screws, and frustration*. But when it starts to jam, you're better off with a good ol' Phobos bolter than a Ryza-Medusan volkite-plasma combi-caliver.

*Wait… that means Iron Warriors are the Mekboys of humanity…

Now there's only a minute difference between "Shelling civilians who got in the way with artillery" and "Shelling civilians who got in the way with nuclear warheads". You guys just get more fun tools to play with. Iron Hands stuff is fresh from the Terawatt forges, full of archaeotech and esoteric augmetics, held together by sub-molecular bonds. Iron Warriors stuff was built in a cave, is full of pre-stellar tech, held together by liberal amounts of duct tape, screws, and frustration*. But when it starts to jam, you're better off with a good ol' Phobos bolter than a Ryza-Medusan volkite-plasma combi-caliver.

*Wait… that means Iron Warriors are the Mekboys of humanity…

As Heathens once said : Iron Hands are an M16 with grenade launcher, Iron warriors a plain AK47. Even though one looks more snazzy, both get the job done!

Nah not Sean Connery, all I can hear id the IH being all shouty and angry... Maybe Gerrard Butler This is MEDUSA!!!

But I prefer MWG Dave Captain Slaughter!!! Seriously funny

I just read the quotes in the Original Characters Voice.

So I read the <HERETICAL REFERENCE - PURGED FROM SYSTEM> in the voice of Samuel L. Jackson and the other with Bruce Willis and Ving Rhames respectively.

:p

Painting scheme:

Over a black basecoat, I start with Leadblecher mixes roughly 50/50 with black. This saves you a ton of wash layering, from 6-7 coats to 3-4 tops.

Here's what it looks like after the first coats :

gallery_71633_9312_20053.jpg

Next step, highlight with Ironbreaker. This is done rather loosely, as the washes will give shading and blend it with the darker leadbeldcher mix. I did trim and patterns and major features.

gallery_71633_9312_38619.jpg

Once that's competely dry, time to apply washes. BE SURE YOUR NULN OIL WASH AS NOT SPOILED BEFORE APPLYING. If the wash spoils (not properly sealed, the solution dried) it will cake your metalics with a mat haze that will look just dirty black with rings in it when light hits the model, which ruins the scheme. If this starts to happen, stop using the wash at once. You can recover from a single coat of this with a clean wash, but sometimes the spoiling will be too thick or will leave white deposits. When this happens, just reapply your leadblecher mix and start over.

Final result Looks a little darker than he actually is because of the lighting in my basement, but it's a nice metallic black finish.

gallery_71633_9312_37989.jpg

Archived