Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

"……by my hands shall the false Emperor fall"

Warmaster Black Legion Hounds of Abaddon Ezekyle ABaddon

• Please log in to reply
708 replies to this topic

NomadPainting

NomadPainting

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,853 posts
  • Faction: Marines Malevolent

I love how contemptuous the test mini is. Just sneering down at his foes. 

++ Vis Sanctimonia ++

Res Ipsa Loquitur

Res Ipsa Loquitur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 2,347 posts
  • Faction: Children of The Violet Heart

Midnight Runner does Chaos. 

george-takei.gif

• Midnightmare, Brother Heinrich, Son of Carnelian and 3 others like this
"I have of late - but wherefore I know not - lost all my mirth, forgone all custom of exercises; and indeed it goes so heavily with my disposition that this goodly frame, the earth, seems to me a sterile promontory; this most excellent canopy, the air, look you, this brave o'erhanging firmament, this majestical roof fretted with golden fire, why, it appears no other thing to me than a foul and pestilential congregation of vapours. What a piece of work is a man! how noble in reason! how infinite in faculty! in form and moving how express and admirable! in action how like an angel! in apprehension how like a god! the beauty of the world! the paragon of animals! And yet to me, what is this quintessence of dust? man delights not me: no, nor woman neither. Nor woman neither."

Posted Image

Midnightmare

Midnightmare

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,700 posts

Thanks for the comments guys, glad you like them. It is actually quite nice to be working on a different project for a change. As for the base, thanks for that Sampson (very nice AL btw!) I will give it a whirl - I am not to sure about painting tha base rim as I normally like black but I know what you mean against the black armour. I did think about using resin 'skull' bases as I they would look well with the Daemons, but it would cost far to much over a whole army. Perhaps even grey? I also need to paint the Legion symbol in yellow also which will lift it slightly, which leads me to a question -

Which are the best GW yellows to use for such a purpose?

I am not too familiar with the new colours, I am guessing a foundation paint and a highlight. The Yellow needs to go straight over black too.

Up coming - first Chosen squads ride, picked up really cheap on ebay. Like, really so cheap I couldn't leave it. Needs a whole lotta TLC though -

3ba4786b-0bd4-41c4-bb96-ad095c09bacb.jpg

Half a Land Raider laugh.png

Once again, cheers for the comments guys.

Edited by Midnight Runner, 11 May 2014 - 07:37 AM.

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,391 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels and Black Legion

I've had great success with Averland Sunset (the foundation GW yellow). Apply that watered down slightly, then highlight with Yriel Yellow. You might find that the Yriel Yellow highlight makes the Averland look too brown as opposed to yellow, so I usually go: Averland sunset base, Yriel Yellow layer, highlight with Flash Gitz Yellow. 

Midnightmare

Midnightmare

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,700 posts

Cool, I will give that a whirl :)

RE - the bases, I have been mulling over the idea of snow bases and reading a few tutorials. Might look good with a few splashes of Tamiya Clear Red splatter. I may have a go at some tests this week.....

fivepointedstar

fivepointedstar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,923 posts
  • Faction: Blood Dragons, Exsanguinators

Turned to the dark arts I see...

Your Flesh Eaters may never forgive you for this trechery. :)

I also have this same dilema on what to do with the Chaos models from the Dark Vengence box set. Maybe I too might hear the sweet whisper of the dark gods bidding me which patheon to choose. As far as modeling -wise I like how you used the new raptor kits to make Khorne zerks. Keep up the awesome work.

Signature not compliant with forum rules
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:100451]
[size=5][url=http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=233592]Blood Dragons IA[/url][/size]
[size=5][url=http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=263095]Exsanguinators IA[/url][/size]

Formerly Deathknight2000.

Greyall

Greyall

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,588 posts

Abaddon as he should be. I'll be following this, keep on it, mate.

The awkward crotch-dragon knocks a few off, though.

Firepower

My Hall of Grawry

Forté

Forté

+ + OBLECTAMEN SACRISTAN ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,353 posts
  • Faction: Divine Flayers

Turned to the dark arts I see...
Your Flesh Eaters may never forgive you for this trechery. :)
I also have this same dilema on what to do with the Chaos models from the Dark Vengence box set. Maybe I too might hear the sweet whisper of the dark gods bidding me which patheon to choose. As far as modeling -wise I like how you used the new raptor kits to make Khorne zerks. Keep up the awesome work.

Many of us turn. You will too one day. One day.
  • Midnightmare and fivepointedstar like this

gallery_29004_9303_17868.pnggallery_29004_9303_708.pnggallery_29004_9303_27433.pnggallery_29004_10691_328.pnggallery_29004_10691_4210.png

Click on the images above for the different thread links

My Putty & Paint gallery

Grizzly_bear

Grizzly_bear

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,837 posts
  • Faction: Crimson fists and a small amount of Imperial fits
Oh my, that Abby is awesomely big....perfect to how he's described. Well done brother.

Again you've given me more inspiration for my scythes....
"My brothers we have been sorely wounded and brought to our knees, but i ask you to rise from the ashes of despair, by flamer we'll burn, by bolter we'll purge and by blade we'll cut out the heart of the greenskin body, Brothers rise, for you are sons of Dorn, for we the Crimson fists and we shall never fail" - Pedro Kantor

"going up against Stealers with lightning claws marks you as borderline psycho in any case...."

Midnightmare

Midnightmare

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,700 posts

@ DK2K - ha, sorry it had to be done - it has been like a splinter in the back of my brain that wouldn't go away! Fear not there are plans ahoy for your bloodthirsty brothers in red.

@ Greyall - thanks very much dude, glad you like smile.png

@ forte - See above.....it was always on the cards, and I do love the new mutated Chaos style.

@ Dorns_fist - cheers buddy, glad you like - you may also notice an idea of yours stolen below, the curved knife smile.png

Special Weapon Dude #1

1m.jpg

1n.jpg

1o.jpg

Let me know what you think - the good sized magnet in his fist is because I have learned the hard way about magnets not powerful enough with my FE. It will be invisible when he is done....honest!

Once again, thanks for the comments guys 

Edited by Midnight Runner, 21 November 2014 - 10:47 PM.

• Forté, MagicMan and Urauloth like this

MagicMan

MagicMan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,229 posts
  • Faction: Marines Errant

He's looking awesome. Great pose, great use of bits, he oozes Chaos.

Really ties in well with the new chaos aesthetic that came out in the DV set. :)

gallery_48988_6285_1353.png

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,213 posts
  • Faction: Worldeaters

Loving these guys mate, nice idea with the magnet in the fist. Cant wait to see some paint on these.

We badge01 80x180 Bio

Worldeaters
Blood Stalker Defiler 'How to'

Grizzly_bear

Grizzly_bear

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,837 posts
Ooooh you little thief lol I have an idea now lol

Edited by Dorns_fist, 14 May 2014 - 03:17 PM.

"My brothers we have been sorely wounded and brought to our knees, but i ask you to rise from the ashes of despair, by flamer we'll burn, by bolter we'll purge and by blade we'll cut out the heart of the greenskin body, Brothers rise, for you are sons of Dorn, for we the Crimson fists and we shall never fail" - Pedro Kantor

"going up against Stealers with lightning claws marks you as borderline psycho in any case...."

Midnightmare

Midnightmare

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,700 posts

@ Magicman - Thank you very much thumbsup.gif The Raptor kit is a great kit, and fits really well with the DV themed guys. The thing is with Chosen though I feel the need to use their shoulder pads as much as poss to give them 'that' look. I am going to have a go at casting some to save me chopping up too many more!! Hopefully I will be able to add a few greenstuff mutations, but no promises (my GS-fu is weak)

@ Bio  - Magnets ftw, always have options with an army! I am likely to go against the grain and use them with Flamers in a Land Raider (two actually!). Mark of the Blood God, of course furious.gif

@ Dorn - Moi? A thief? I never steal ideas wink.png I look forward to your Emperor's lackey, weak blood of an idea whistling.gif

Grizzly_bear

Grizzly_bear

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,837 posts
Ooooooh this is fighting talk............
  • Midnightmare likes this

Midnightmare

Midnightmare

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,700 posts

The Legion is always ready to fight, just need to find a few more will members.......

*scratches head and looks at bitz box*

Grizzly_bear

Grizzly_bear

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,837 posts
I have 5 sterngaurd scythes....BUT 90+ crimson fists.....bring it traitor

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,272 posts
  • Faction: Death Spectres & More

Can I play!!!

gallery_70393_10089_14134.png     gallery_45765_11559_21519.png

Midnightmare

Midnightmare

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,700 posts
I have 9 Legionnaires, a Daemon Prince sans wings and tow Landraiders in pieces, 20 Bloodletters, 10 Fleshounds (in bitz) with a Bloodthirster (Balrog).

Oh and the Warmaster. Infact he will be all I need for Dorn's 'offspring' ;)

Grizzly_bear

Grizzly_bear

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,837 posts
Let's do this....

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,272 posts

I have 165 Death Spectres!!

Midnightmare

Midnightmare

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,700 posts
Oh I missed out jugger herald....also in bits :b

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,272 posts

I want to see you do some BL Terminators.

Midnightmare

Midnightmare

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,700 posts
Bringers of Dispair - Abaddon's personal retinue - they are on the list for sure
  • deathspectersgt7 likes this

Noctus Cornix

Noctus Cornix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,440 posts
  • Faction: Word Bearers, Adeptus Custodes

Your Flesh Eaters were truly inspirational. I can only say that makes me all the more excited to see what you can do with the Black Legion. Glory to the Warmaster!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warmaster, Black Legion, Hounds of Abaddon, Ezekyle ABaddon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users