Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

"……by my hands shall the false Emperor fall"

Warmaster Black Legion Hounds of Abaddon Ezekyle ABaddon

• Please log in to reply
708 replies to this topic

Midnightmare

Midnightmare

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,700 posts
Thanks YoungWolf, they look great and are really cheap too. Much better than my efforts :tu:

I did just also have a rummage through my bitz box and offered this up -
pwfCCWL.jpg
Can you guess what it is? I know the cut at the end is not true but I can tidy that up if I use it, it’s actually an exhaust of a Dreadnought! As you can see, my molds didn’t work out, they look like somebody just picked them out of their nose....!
  • Biohazard and Hungry Nostraman Lizard like this

Midnightmare

Midnightmare

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,700 posts
Sorted! Here he is with his mate -
gFgWgHZ.jpg

9nCzu2s.jpg
All in all, I am quite pleased with the conversion and I have enough parts to fill the squad out with them. It is 100% GW bits as I want to attend Warhamz World this year, and when I do game nowadays it is in local GW. I am tempted to greenstuff over the gap at the start of the barrel, but I will have a think on it. I will be painting these for the ETL I am thinking. And Abaddon. C&C welcome :tu:

Dakkadakkadakka!!!

Edited by Midnight Runner, 12 April 2019 - 01:56 PM.

• AHorriblePerson likes this

Eldrick Shadowblade

Eldrick Shadowblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 916 posts
  • Faction: The Oath-Broken

Models look great! I've got my shipment coming in any day now. For the greenstuff molds I'd really suggest green-stuff world's  mold makers.

This stuff is fantastic and easy to work with. I've had a lot of success making very decent replicas with it. I'd glob some over the short barrel and mold it in one piece.

Looking forward to seeing these guys painted up.

blue-stuff-mold-8-bars.jpg

• Midnightmare likes this

ElDuderino

ElDuderino

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 956 posts
I honestly thought that the left one was the conversion at first, until I noticed the green stuff. Seamless!

Midnightmare

Midnightmare

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,700 posts
@ ElDuderino - then my work here is done! High praise indeed :)

@ Shadowblade - thanks man :tu: I do use minimold magic mold and it is pretty good usually, but the short barrel was too long to do with that as it wasn’t just ‘one sided’ so I tried it in two parts, and failed lol I will I’ve that a try as mine had almost run out (it is remoldable but I tend to keep my moulds and have done some big stuff like tank treads)

Cheers!

Eldrick Shadowblade

Eldrick Shadowblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 916 posts
  • Faction: The Oath-Broken

No worries! I really love the idea of dread exhausts!

Midnightmare

Midnightmare

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,700 posts
The ETL fast approaches and I have not been hobbying, so I best get my act together and at least finish building my Havocs in time! Here is the as yet without a name Champion -
MoeQQu1.jpg

oi60jg3.jpg

ETkJPQf.jpg

FhgMAkO.jpg
Mild conversion work here, just to make him a bit different from all the others. Still needs a tidy up and some green stuffing action.

EDIT - I have also show that I have actually another Havoc done, just one more to go -
LEIQgYt.jpg

Cheers :tu:

Edited by Midnightmare, 15 May 2019 - 09:20 AM.

• ElDuderino and AHorriblePerson like this

AHorriblePerson

AHorriblePerson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 329 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion

Another excellent character conversion, dude! However, I feel like the hand gesture and the direction the champion is looking into should correspond with each other. The hand itself looks a bit odd aswell, maybe it'd be a good idea to angle it down a little?

gallery_108437_14773_20917.png

Midnightmare

Midnightmare

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,700 posts
I see your point on the hand position - I have just tried to the outstretched arm/hand pointed up and it isn’t way :D

I do kind of like his head pointing the other direction though, was going for a ‘cease fire’ kind of pose :tu:
  • AHorriblePerson likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warmaster, Black Legion, Hounds of Abaddon, Ezekyle ABaddon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users