"……by my hands shall the false Emperor fall"

Thanks for the comments guys, glad you like them. It is actually quite nice to be working on a different project for a change. As for the base, thanks for that Sampson (very nice AL btw!) I will give it a whirl - I am not to sure about painting tha base rim as I normally like black but I know what you mean against the black armour. I did think about using resin 'skull' bases as I they would look well with the Daemons, but it would cost far to much over a whole army. Perhaps even grey? I also need to paint the Legion symbol in yellow also which will lift it slightly, which leads me to a question -

Which are the best GW yellows to use for such a purpose?

I am not too familiar with the new colours, I am guessing a foundation paint and a highlight. The Yellow needs to go straight over black too.

Up coming - first Chosen squads ride, picked up really cheap on ebay. Like, really so cheap I couldn't leave it. Needs a whole lotta TLC though -

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/3ba4786b-0bd4-41c4-bb96-ad095c09bacb.jpg

Half a Land Raider :laugh.:

Once again, cheers for the comments guys.

Edited by Midnight Runner

I've had great success with Averland Sunset (the foundation GW yellow). Apply that watered down slightly, then highlight with Yriel Yellow. You might find that the Yriel Yellow highlight makes the Averland look too brown as opposed to yellow, so I usually go: Averland sunset base, Yriel Yellow layer, highlight with Flash Gitz Yellow. 

Cool, I will give that a whirl :)

RE - the bases, I have been mulling over the idea of snow bases and reading a few tutorials. Might look good with a few splashes of Tamiya Clear Red splatter. I may have a go at some tests this week.....

Turned to the dark arts I see...

Your Flesh Eaters may never forgive you for this trechery. :)

I also have this same dilema on what to do with the Chaos models from the Dark Vengence box set. Maybe I too might hear the sweet whisper of the dark gods bidding me which patheon to choose. As far as modeling -wise I like how you used the new raptor kits to make Khorne zerks. Keep up the awesome work.

Turned to the dark arts I see...

Your Flesh Eaters may never forgive you for this trechery. :)

I also have this same dilema on what to do with the Chaos models from the Dark Vengence box set. Maybe I too might hear the sweet whisper of the dark gods bidding me which patheon to choose. As far as modeling -wise I like how you used the new raptor kits to make Khorne zerks. Keep up the awesome work.

Many of us turn. You will too one day. One day.

@ DK2K - ha, sorry it had to be done - it has been like a splinter in the back of my brain that wouldn't go away! Fear not there are plans ahoy for your bloodthirsty brothers in red.

@ Greyall - thanks very much dude, glad you like :smile.:

@ forte - See above.....it was always on the cards, and I do love the new mutated Chaos style.

@ Dorns_fist - cheers buddy, glad you like - you may also notice an idea of yours stolen below, the curved knife :smile.:

Special Weapon Dude #1

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/1m.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/1n.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/1o.jpg

Let me know what you think - the good sized magnet in his fist is because I have learned the hard way about magnets not powerful enough with my FE. It will be invisible when he is done....honest!

Once again, thanks for the comments guys 

Edited by Midnight Runner

@ Magicman - Thank you very much :thumbsup: The Raptor kit is a great kit, and fits really well with the DV themed guys. The thing is with Chosen though I feel the need to use their shoulder pads as much as poss to give them 'that' look. I am going to have a go at casting some to save me chopping up too many more!! Hopefully I will be able to add a few greenstuff mutations, but no promises (my GS-fu is weak)

@ Bio  - Magnets ftw, always have options with an army! I am likely to go against the grain and use them with Flamers in a Land Raider (two actually!). Mark of the Blood God, of course :furious:

@ Dorn - Moi? A thief? I never steal ideas :wink.: I look forward to your Emperor's lackey, weak blood of an idea :whistling:

I have 9 Legionnaires, a Daemon Prince sans wings and tow Landraiders in pieces, 20 Bloodletters, 10 Fleshounds (in bitz) with a Bloodthirster (Balrog).

Oh and the Warmaster. Infact he will be all I need for Dorn's 'offspring' ;)