"……by my hands shall the false Emperor fall"

Really liking the conversion, the Paintjob also looks quite good in this state already!

The new Barrels definitely look great though I'm not a fan of the gargoyls at the muzzles, the idea is great but the bit is sadly too old and thick and definitely needs an Update from GW.

Edited by Kor Dalron

Thanks Kor Dalton, while I do hear you on the gargoyle barrels - they are old alright - but I kind of like them. I think, if anything for nostalgic purposes! I wanted something that would join the barrels together and this was my favourite way over plasticard.

I will win you over with glowy eyes on them. Maybe :D

First of all, so glad to see an update on this thread!

The renegade Deredeo looks fantastic! Suitably chaotic, which is no small feat, considering the stock model's very clean lines. The bulked out kneepad works like a charm -- however, I think I would add an actual, sculpted pupil to the centre of the eye of Horus (could be something as simple as half a bead or something similar), just because the pupil would look better painted as a jewel rather than a painted on detail. Does that make sense?

Really looking forward to seeing this beast take shape. And don't forget that sweet Chaos Lord in Terminator armour, either! :)

Thanks for the c & c guys, it is very much appreciated :)

@ Kraut - I hear what you are saying, but I don’t think my meagre GS skills would be up to it! It could possibly be the photo but pupil is sculpted on though it is flat as it is a mild of the FW Rhino door, pre-paint -

http://i.imgur.com/W9UITDv.jpg

I think it is that the black is flat black and could do with a reflection/white dot maybe :tu: The colours themselves are the same as what I have used for my Rhinos so I want to keep them for the sake of uniform, because we all know Chaos is uniform :D

As for my Chaos Lord, I certainly won’t forget him - as the leader of my particular Warband he is something I am really looking forward to painting! I have been working on a friend of his though too, Mr Mallex -

http://i.imgur.com/EgM2eJY.jpg

As with the entire t’interweb, I am not keen on all the excessive pipework, so I have used one of the Chosen chest pieces as an insert. He is a good mini really, bags of potential - I love the stalking forward pose. Mine still needs some GS gap filling and tidying up, but overall quite happy. He will likely get a less ‘pipey’ Chosen backpack if I have a spare. I love that BSF head btw, nice update on the old Chaos baldy.

Next up, more paint on the big stompy :tu:

Paints looking great so far bud. I do love how good you are with the GS moulds. It’s something I’ve tried in the past but to no great success.

The new Lord is looking good as well, I had experimented with those exact parts on my own one although I’d chopped up the plastic Drazhar to make it fit because I seem to like giving myself extra work :D

Really can’t wait to see that Terminator Lord come to life, his proportions are perfect, a top class conversion indeed. :tu:

Thanks guys :tu:

RE my Terminator Lord, I may save him for the ETL, Mallex also. It depends on what they release between now and then as it looks like it will be a good year for the Black Legion and Chaos as a faction.

@ Bio - I was going to cut up one of my Chosen, then I remembered about the greenstuff! That particular chest piece is taken from the Powerfist dude, who also happens to be my favourite, so kind of glad I saved him :D

@ Gederas - Zhufor is such an awesome model, he is quite big though when compared to a normal Terminator, especially his legs. He does come with that lovely Commisar trophy too :devil:

@ Grotsmasha - thanks mate, the BSF stuff is brilliant and really bodes well for the future as I for one love the new Chaos aesthetic; it’s something I have tried to pre melt with the style I have gone for with my guys. Should all fit together great when it emerges from the warp!

EDIT -

Greenstuff work on Obsidius Mallex done -

http://i.imgur.com/HDRLUME.jpg

Turned out alright for such a simple conversion. The idea is for him to be instantly recognisable, though only when you look closer will you notice he has been converted. Like I said earlier, I may swap out his back pack to something else like a Chosen one, or maybe one of the BSF marines, albeit modified :tu:

Cheers :)

Edited by Midnight Runner

Ahh yeah! He’s also my favourite of the Chosen, I really hope any new kits have helmets like his. :tu:

Dragon lover, the backpack on the new guy has a load of random flesh tubes running down it as well for some reason. That’s why I swapped it out, I’m guessing that’ll be why Midnight is planning a change as well.

Yeah Dragon, there are loads of those suckers down the centre of his backpack, and they just look kind of lame imho. I can understand them maybe wanting try something different, but I don’t think it quite works. I did also chop the one that hangs off the bottom of his plasma pistol too.

In other news I just missed out on the old oop FW Black Legion MK IV Dread, so I consoled myself with buying another of the old Juan Diaz Daemon Princes :D :D :D plans for that are Crypt Horror wings, twin malefic claws and possibly a head swap. The idea is to keep him fairly neutral/undivided looking so I can run him as any of the other Gods - my big red beasty kind of Khorne only!

Thanks for the replies guys, helps keep me motivated B)

I am sure they will be judging by your past and present projects!

I haven’t had a great deal of time on the brush, I had a busy RL weekend. I have painted the head (skull!)! and started the flesh but nothing worthy of an update quite yet :)

Edited by Midnight Runner

Thanks Kor Dalton, while I do hear you on the gargoyle barrels - they are old alright - but I kind of like them. I think, if anything for nostalgic purposes! I wanted something that would join the barrels together and this was my favourite way over plasticard.

I will win you over with glowy eyes on them. Maybe :biggrin.:

I´m sure you will :wink:

Also great job so far on the greenstuff work overall and Mallex and the Lord!

Thanks mate, I appreciate the comment :tu: GS work I find, ‘difficult’, I find mine is always a bit messy, generally like my painting but works for me lol :D

Painting progress -

http://i.imgur.com/6u7cajx.jpg

Not there yet, but we’ll on the way!!

Many thanks for the comments and the likes guys, mucho appreciated :tu: I just have the base to do now, a couple of touch ups then some weathering powder. Hopefully get done this week. In the meantime, I have been working on this kindly fellow -

http://i.imgur.com/OWMxvsn.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hqkTZlm.jpg

Don’t worry, it is not Big Red, my Khorne Prince with the large, red Dragon Wings!! I want to build an Undivided Prince for gaming so he can be used to represent any of the Gods (my ‘this years’ list requires it :D ) After much deliberation I went with the Juan Diaz sculpt again, as it is my favourite all time model, not just in the Chaos range. So I picked this now oop mini off eBay. It is a well painted finecast version, so I felt a bit bad on chopping him up (though the sword was very bent!)....but that never stopped me before.....I went for finecast as it is for gaming and Big Red is unwieldy (as well as being tricky to transport!)

The wings are from the WHFB Crypt Horror kit and I feel are much better than the oversize dragon ones on Big Red :tu: The other malefic claw is from the plastic Daemon Prince kit, looks out of place at the moment but I am planning on some blood effects on it. Also, I have chopped the majority of the ‘hunch’ off his back just forward of the wings as it looked massive with the smaller wings/no exhaust vents. I do have something planned for that involving greenstuff and trophy poles :devil:

Oh and his skin won’t be red....Enough rambling from me, back to my cave. Thanks for the continued support guys :tu: