"……by my hands shall the false Emperor fall"

Thanks YoungWolf, they look great and are really cheap too. Much better than my efforts :tu:

I did just also have a rummage through my bitz box and offered this up -

http://i.imgur.com/pwfCCWL.jpg

Can you guess what it is? I know the cut at the end is not true but I can tidy that up if I use it, it’s actually an exhaust of a Dreadnought! As you can see, my molds didn’t work out, they look like somebody just picked them out of their nose....!

Sorted! Here he is with his mate -

http://i.imgur.com/gFgWgHZ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9nCzu2s.jpg

All in all, I am quite pleased with the conversion and I have enough parts to fill the squad out with them. It is 100% GW bits as I want to attend Warhamz World this year, and when I do game nowadays it is in local GW. I am tempted to greenstuff over the gap at the start of the barrel, but I will have a think on it. I will be painting these for the ETL I am thinking. And Abaddon. C&C welcome :tu:

Dakkadakkadakka!!!

Edited by Midnight Runner

Models look great! I've got my shipment coming in any day now. For the greenstuff molds I'd really suggest green-stuff world's  mold makers.

This stuff is fantastic and easy to work with. I've had a lot of success making very decent replicas with it. I'd glob some over the short barrel and mold it in one piece.

Looking forward to seeing these guys painted up.

http://www.greenstuffworld.com/141-large_default/blue-stuff-mold-8-bars.jpg

@ ElDuderino - then my work here is done! High praise indeed :)

@ Shadowblade - thanks man :tu: I do use minimold magic mold and it is pretty good usually, but the short barrel was too long to do with that as it wasn’t just ‘one sided’ so I tried it in two parts, and failed lol I will I’ve that a try as mine had almost run out (it is remoldable but I tend to keep my moulds and have done some big stuff like tank treads)

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

The ETL fast approaches and I have not been hobbying, so I best get my act together and at least finish building my Havocs in time! Here is the as yet without a name Champion -

http://i.imgur.com/MoeQQu1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/oi60jg3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ETkJPQf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/FhgMAkO.jpg

Mild conversion work here, just to make him a bit different from all the others. Still needs a tidy up and some green stuffing action.

EDIT - I have also show that I have actually another Havoc done, just one more to go -

http://i.imgur.com/LEIQgYt.jpg

Cheers :tu:

Edited by Midnightmare

• 7 months later...

Greetings Denizens!

Long time no post! Firstly, merry Christmas to all of you who celebrate :tu: Been away for a minute, but I have had some more free time of late so in the words of the Black Legion, we have returned with steps back in to the hobby re-arming my Khorne Terminators. Now they can take chainaxes it would be rude not too as nothing else says “Blood for the Blood God” better -

gallery_46632_15997_191423.jpeg

gallery_46632_15997_100619.jpeg

gallery_46632_15997_694609.jpeg

Some Chaos Marines up next, more to come and these guys obviously require basing/weathering but I will do this at the same time as the others. I must say I love the new CSM sculpts, GE has really done them justice. Whilst not as papa be as the old ones, a little chopping here and there and it can be done. The Champ is magnetized at the elbow btw -

gallery_46632_15997_577308.jpeg

Last up, I have been building. Anybody remember Valek the Terrible, my Voivode Captain of my Flesh Eaters? This guy -

gallery_46632_13149_623100.jpg

He has always represented me on the table in many a campaign, and as I no longer play my Flesh Eaters anymore I felt the itch to further Valek’s story having fallen to the eightfold path in much the same way as myself, taking the Black. Sacrilege? You bet! I think he has become as much disillusioned with the new Primaris as me :D Here is where I am so far, the conversion essentially done I present Saul Valek the Terrible, Impaler of Souls, the Midnightmare, Oathsworn to the Warmaster -

gallery_46632_15997_927074.jpeg

As a Spesh Vampire I felt I had to go with wings (to be counted as a jump pack) and due to his own history I had to keep his famous cloak of skulls. As ever, he is magnetized for fun and future proofing ;)

gallery_46632_15997_616697.jpeg

Chainlord :devil:

gallery_46632_15997_433602.jpeg

Chunder Hammer and Power fisting opinions -

gallery_46632_15997_285957.jpeg

I am pretty happy with him so far :devil:

C&C as ever most welcome :)

Edited by Midnightmare

Thanks for the comments guys :tu:

@ Isengrin - yes the Havocs kit is great, the whole new Chaos range is really, but they do need a bit of chopping here and there when compared to the old kites, but the over all affect is worth it. I am currently working on two CSM wielding Lascannons from the Havoc kit -

gallery_46632_15997_171862.jpeg

gallery_46632_15997_73346.jpeg

They are actually about 50% painted now but you get the idea!

Cheers

Great to see an update from you! I have to admit I hadn't even seen that Flesh Eaters Captain before, and he's gloriously sinister! As for his chaotic re-incarnation, it's a fantastic model, although I have to admit I really, really hate that particular winged backpack (both the actual, tacky designs and the, shall we say, "logistics" of an Astartes having actual wings are bothering me). Maybe there's a better option for those wings -- the crypt horror/Vargheist wings combined with Kranon's backpack worked really well on my own Argel Tal conversion. Or maybe a pair of Tyranid wings, or several feathered Dark Eldar scourge wings combined?!

It's also great to see how the standard CSM can be combined with Havoc arms (and heads) to create Havocs that have a slightly more "workmanlike" look about them: If I have one gripe with the new Havocs, it's that each of them is almost a bit too massive, so this seems like a good way to address that.

Oh, and one more thing: I don't think I have ever commented on your touched-up banner for those Terminators (it originally did use one of the BL decals, didn't it). Anyway, it's fantastic! Great job!

Keep up the excellent work! :)

Thanks for the comment mate, glad you like! I really don’t get much time nowadays for hobbying as it used to come freely but trying to make the time now. I have to admit, my Flesh Eaters version is one of my favourite conversions (he looks better without the jump pack - see below if you squint - but I usually gamed with it) and really want to do the character justice, so totally hear you over the possessed gripe. I am sure I have a set of vargheist wings somewhere; I used them on my recent Daemon Prince so not sure maybe if they would be too big, putting Valek into Daemon Prince territory although they are actually only just big enough for the Prince so there could be mileage in it. They would certainly be more believable as far as astartes wings are believable!

gallery_46632_15997_316068.jpeg

I might try and grab a set of scourge and gargoyle wings to compare :tu: They May also require movement to the pose - I was actually half tempted to use one of the Greater Possessed.

Re the Havocs, I have used them in a CSM squad before and they are indeed massive when compared to the standard guys, which was the reason I went this way with my heavies. Especially when you factor in their 50mm bases.

Thanks also for the comment on the banner. Freehand is something I fear and I do not consider myself much good at! So I am quite pleased at how it turned out. I do keep meaning to add a small amount of blood to it, particularly where there is a splash of superglue but I keep forgetting :D

Cheers!

The new Chaos lord is looking pretty cool! Very wicked! :tu:

So the havocs are really markedly bigger than their regular companions? That's interesting. The two lascannon toting havocs are awesome too, especially the one running!

They're much bulkier, with wider stances. Regarding their height, you don't notice it until you try to use them inside of a regular Marine squad. And then it's pretty obvious.

This image from the Webstore shows how large the Havocs are compared to Chaos Marines:

99120102096_CSMHavocsScale.jpg

The Chaincannon-toting Havoc has a super wide squatting stance and he's STILL almost the same height as the mostly-upright Chaos Marine.

Greetings!

I am currently waiting on some Dark Eldar Scourge wings to try out on Valek, in the mean time I have begun some work on Valek’s boss -

gallery_46632_15997_421664.jpeg

Nothing too exciting, just a subtle change to his pose. I um’d and ah’d for ages over wether to do it as I like the standard pose, but the converter in me could not resist. Quite happy as it now looks as he is advancing, ready to stick either the Talon of Horus or Drach’nyen where the emperor’s sun don’t shine! I will have to do something about the bullets too and how they fall, but ran out of time in the end -

gallery_46632_15997_504072.jpeg

Cheers!

Edited by Midnightmare

So the havocs are really markedly bigger than their regular companions? That's interesting. The two lascannon toting havocs are awesome too, especially the one running!

Yes, I simply love them. Makes them great for lords/characters/chosen conversions. Bulk, badass armor, and attitude. What's not to love? The new Chaos Lord model is even bigger, tho. As are the Master of Executions (or it might be that he's not squatting) and I believe Haarken as well (ordered his breastplate recently and was surprised about the size... so I will have to order the rest of his body eventually).

Midnightmare, your thread has been always an inspiration, really awesome work, both paint jobs and conversions are amazing.

- The exalted lord looks awesome. Also, big respect for managing to sculpt a convincing-looking talon in one of the feet! I tried to do that in the past, but it was surprisingly difficult to make it right.

- The terminators are solid, with a very crisp free hand to look at on top of that! I also really like the composition of the banner scheme. Very cool effect.

- That Abaddon re-posing somehow changes the model a lot! Respect for being so brave :d.

Cheers!

Midnightmare, your thread has been always an inspiration, really awesome work, both paint jobs and conversions are amazing.

- The exalted lord looks awesome. Also, big respect for managing to sculpt a convincing-looking talon in one of the feet! I tried to do that in the past, but it was surprisingly difficult to make it right.

- The terminators are solid, with a very crisp free hand to look at on top of that! I also really like the composition of the banner scheme. Very cool effect.

- That Abaddon re-posing somehow changes the model a lot! Respect for being so brave :d.

Cheers!

Thanks bro I appreciate the comments :tu: lol good spot on the talon, I tried to bend the one on there to fit the rock but I snapped it so had no choice :D

Thanks in the Terminators - they are one of my fave units so I wanted to do the justice. I went with the red due to the Khorne theme.

As for Abaddon, I really wasn’t sure about it but I can never help myself tweaking things, it gives him a little movement imo and (apart from the raised sword) quite similar to the FW Abaddon 1st Captain pose which I thought was cool

Abaddon looks like he is going to hug Girlyman :wink:

A Talon of Horus/Ender of Empires type of hug :P

Man, the Warmaster is looking ticked-off ;)

Thinking of your excellent Abaddon conversion, it will be interesting to see what you do with then new "official" model! :)

Thanks man, though it will be hard to be GW’s own as I honestly think they knocked his model out of the park, and I think I will find it difficult to beat my own one as I am very fond of as it was quite different to the norm. I chose he head I did on the new version as he looks pretty angry, suits my aggressive play style. One thing I promise, I won’t be using his transverse trophy rack!

Thanks bro I appreciate the comments :thumbsup: lol good spot on the talon, I tried to bend the one on there to fit the rock but I snapped it so had no choice :biggrin.:

Ah, I see! Well, if you didn't lost that bit (I know they are prone to just vanish suddenly...), you can still fit it on the rock and then model a link between the claw and the foot. That will be my approach here (sorry for hijacking!):

gallery_186987_15996_17286.jpg

Yes, since the claws don't belong to the stock model, I had to glue them one after another on this one... I already modelled a link for the claw pointing outwards. I didn't think that this procedure would be needed for the one pointing forward, but it snapped two days ago. Luckily, I was able to find it with not much effort, but the plan is to follow the same approach and reinforce the area with GS. Hope this helps! Although, now that I think of it, it's a bit unnecesary, as you already went the extra mile and modelled the whole bit instead.

Edit: if you want, I can delete the pic. It was only meant for illustrative purposes.

Edited by Umbra Lynx