"……by my hands shall the false Emperor fall"

Thanks Noctus glad you like, high praise from somebody with such talent at conversions themselves :thumbsup:

The Flesh Eaters aren't done by a long stretch, I have some Sanguinary Guard which I am considering entering in the ETL but I have other stuff which should get finished first (that Stormraven desperately needs finishing first.....)

Thanks for the comments guys, glad you like them. It is actually quite nice to be working on a different project for a change. As for the base, thanks for that Sampson (very nice AL btw!) I will give it a whirl - I am not to sure about painting tha base rim as I normally like black but I know what you mean against the black armour. I did think about using resin 'skull' bases as I they would look well with the Daemons, but it would cost far to much over a whole army. Perhaps even grey? I also need to paint the Legion symbol in yellow also which will lift it slightly, which leads me to a question -

Which are the best GW yellows to use for such a purpose?

This thread is really looking the part, I mean the way the chosen are posed are awsome!

& not sure if you have started with the yellow yet, but on my Iron Warriors I basecoat Zamesi desert (old bubonic brown), then keep adding screaming skull (old bleached bone) to zamesi desert on 1:1 & 2:1 mix. Wash with gryphonne sepia, then re-highlight, which gives you a deep yellow.

Excellent thread again, look forward to seeing more!!!

Edited by Sepsis the Unclean

Thanks Noctus glad you like, high praise from somebody with such talent at conversions themselves :thumbsup:

The Flesh Eaters aren't done by a long stretch, I have some Sanguinary Guard which I am considering entering in the ETL but I have other stuff which should get finished first (that Stormraven desperately needs finishing first.....)

You flatter me, sir. :blush.:

Awesome to hear that your Flesh Eaters are far from done. Perhaps I may be joining you in creating a Blood Angel Successor force myself soon enough.

Looking good! I like the Abaddon conversion, very nice twist on the old character. I like that you combined the two models to make him, very unique and fitting choice i must say

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments guys, glad you like :smile.: After the forum went down, I will try again!

@ Sepsis – I haven’t painted one yet, that is a recipe I will also defiantly try.

@ forte – thank you for the comment – especially as one of the forum’s premier Slaanesh followers RE Khornate dudes :wink:

@ noctus cornix – thank you once again, I look forward to seeing your take on a BA successor for sure!

@ daemonclaw – thanks dude, I appreciate the comment. On the subject of the Flesh Eaters, certain Inquisitors had the same idea. We like to invite them round for ‘dinner’ and it usually never goes any further :devil:

@ Terimus – glad you like, as the Warmaster I feel he has to look like The Boss.

Righto,, time for a mini update!

Always been one of my favourite Chaos models, Daemon Prince sculpt by Juan Diaz. His (Its?!) aesthetic fits perfectly with the new style of mutated look I adore that GW is going with more recently; leering daemonic faces, open maws and spikes ‘growing’ out of armour; they exude purest evil. Obviously, having ascended to daemonhood, this guy takes it a step further:-

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/DP1.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/DP2.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/DP3.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/DP4.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/DP5.jpg

I wanted to stay true to the original sculpt, but as you can see I have added wings. These are a common conversion from a WFB Dragon, and I have tried to mould them in with greenstuff. Gaps filled, I added some Khorne symbols and shoe-horned in Be’Lakor’s loincloth – the attached skull is to represent the Skull of Ker’ngar Black Legion artefact - I am anal with wysiwyg on my dudes. Also, the Daemonsword is magnetized allowing me to build a suitable Black Mace in time, and I will prob use an axe too. The pauldrons from the plastic DP kit were a necessity as the model was purchased of ebay without the metal ones (sad face....:sad.: ) but I will use it as an opportunity to paint some soulblaze effects. No base yet as I haven’t decided what to do with it yet.

Overall, I am quite happy – though typically combat FMC have took a nerf in the 7th edition…..! Not much of an update but it is what I have been up to! C & C welcomed as ever.

Chaos is Chaos. And modelling is modelling no matter what's being made.

Seeing that is making me want to do the DP I've been hiding since it got released.

sweet holy... YOU have a Black Legion log? I think I slammed the follow topic button so hard it broke.

The warmaster looks terrific, of course, but I'm equally enthused about the way those chosen conversions are shaping up. They're really characterful and they're an inspirational sight.

You mentioned taking a while to perfect the black on your test mini, by the way - what did you settle on, in the end?

@ daemonclaw – thanks dude, I appreciate the comment. On the subject of the Flesh Eaters, certain Inquisitors had the same idea. We like to invite them round for ‘dinner’ and it usually never goes any further :devil:

:laugh.: :laugh.:

still loving the old school dp your rockin' it:thumbsup:

@ Crimson Hawk - thanks very much, I feel my painting has a very long way to go however - I use only basic techniques and really am quite messy!!

@ daemonclaw - the Daemon Prince really is one of my favorite 40k models, so much better than the plastic version out of the box imho. Although the plastic version has so much conversion possibilities.....

*cough*blacktutorialcomingsoonfrommassivevoodoo*cough*

That is WAY above my skill level!! Black is a real :censored:  to paint well though, it really is.

sweet holy... YOU have a Black Legion log? I think I slammed the follow topic button so hard it broke.

The warmaster looks terrific, of course, but I'm equally enthused about the way those chosen conversions are shaping up. They're really characterful and they're an inspirational sight.

You mentioned taking a while to perfect the black on your test mini, by the way - what did you settle on, in the end?

Ghost - Cheers man, glad you like. The black I went for was:-

Abaddon Black

Highlighted with Dawnstone

Highlight with Administratum Grey (tried not to over highlight it as it didn't look to great)

I then stippled on some Charadon Granite (old GW colour) for some chipping/weathering in places, with a few Dawnstone highlights.

So pretty simple, like me! I did try a few more outlandish techniques such as highlighting with blue; I also did a version adding blue glazes to the above; a version highlighting with silver and adding purple gazes;  and even painting in silver and washing down to black (I found this wouldn't be consistent enough over a whole army however). I the end though, mostly due to the business of the Chosen, I went for the simplest tried and tested edge higjlight technique - the amount of detail on them meant I didn't want them to become too messy! (Kind of like this reply :laugh.:

Anyways, hope that helps :thumbsup:

Thanks for the in-depth reply about the armour! Charadon granite was such a useful colour.

Really looking forward to seeing some paint on that daemon prince. I love that old mini, he has a great pose and a certain presence that you just can't replicate with the plastic one.

No worries at all, and thank you both for the replies guys, helps me stay motivated! :smile.: Next up:-

Special Weapon Dude #2

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/GSDude4.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/GSDude.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/GSDude5.jpg

Another magnetized Chosen based on the Raptor kit that I love so much. As you can see, shoulder pads have been green stuffed from the DV Chosen – I am really happy at how they turned out as it is my first attempt at moulding a major part of a model. There is a void at the front on the right one which I was going to redo, however I feel it works quite well as battle damage so it is staying.

All in all pleased with this guy. Squad is up to 10, the Legion marches on.

Edited by Midnight Runner

Looking pretty sweet, sir. Can't wait to see more. :smile.:

Man, I can't wait until I'm done painting all these daemons.. then I can get back to making my beloved Chaos Marines again :(

Edited by noctus cornix

As much as I like Daemons (I have a load of Khorne stuff ready and waiting for me!) nothing quite beats a 7ft bitter, angry, Imperium hatin' bamf in power armour. Go bad guys!

Until an Imperial fist captain shouts "I cast fist" and your BAMF has no head ;)

The special weapon guy looks awesome brother. The shoulder pads fully GS'd or just added over a reg shoulder pad?