"……by my hands shall the false Emperor fall"

^^ I raise your Imperial Fisting one Talon of Horus!!

The shoulder pads are press moulds from the DV Chosen, so as to ensure that I keep the same look throughout the squad. I cannot take credit for the original idea, kudos has to go to Malisteen and his excellent log in the Chaos Ascendant. You should take a look, there are some great conversions - :

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/258980-black-like-my-soul/page-6

Raise your fist all you want. If you still have a head after I've been first that is ;)

I challenge you.....Pollux & sigismund vs pair of your chaos traitor dogs..... ;)

Raise your fist all you want. If you still have a head after I've been first that is ;)

I challenge you.....Pollux & sigismund vs pair of your chaos traitor dogs..... ;)

Only if you say please and actually give us a challenge for a change ;)

Great mix between the Raptor and the Chosen kit. By far my favorite CSM model representing to me how any CSM should be.

Very dynamique and natural special dude #2. Great job !!

Good job on molding the shoulders. I mold smaller parts like armor skulls and arrow but I should try to go bigger like you did

• 2 weeks later...

Great mix between the Raptor and the Chosen kit. By far my favorite CSM model representing to me how any CSM should be.

Very dynamique and natural special dude #2. Great job !!

Good job on molding the shoulders. I mold smaller parts like armor skulls and arrow but I should try to go bigger like you did

Glad you like Darth :) I am having a go at molding something slightly bigger tonight; FW Chaos Land Raider treads, as they don't supply them for the bottom of the the tank in their kit the :censored:ers!

The berzerker and CSM kits should be made out of that kind of awesomeness.

Why thank you Vesper, it is difficult to try to bring breath new life into the older kits that CSM suffer with - its not that they are bad (well, some of them are), it is to do with the new aesthetic that I love so much doesn't sit right against the older stuff. I really hope they bring a new kit out for the kits you mentioned at some point, it would be a licence to print GW money as you always need basic CSM. The :censored:ers! Anyways, I am glad such a Black Legion aficionado like yourself approves, I must be doing something right :)

• 5 weeks later...

Beautiful work, love your stuff!

Many thanks, glad you like Armond :smile.: More stuff soon hopefully, once I sort a few technical problems!

Some very nice looking Legionnaires, Runner. I'll be following this blog with interest.

As our resident Black Legion Dark Apostle, it makes me happy you approve :thumbsup:  especially as I hold your stuff as such an inspiration; I am sure you can see some of your own ideas used in the thread and hope you don't mind.  I do have some Bikes, a Land Raider and some Berzekers in the works, but unfortunately I am having problems with my computer meaning I can't upload/download picts (or music for that matter :sad.: ). I plan on running two Land Raiders (one Chosen, one Berzerker) supported by whatever Forge World bring out in the new book. Competitive? No, but is anything for CSM? Fun - hopefully! The Modelling side certainly is :devil:

I am enjoying the change of pace.

• 3 weeks later...

This is some great stuff. I have been taking a break from my Dark Angels and working on my Chaos. I wish I had seen something like this before I put all my DV stuff together. I will definitely be using some of yours and Malisteens ideas and toying with some greater customization. I will just have to procure some more DV Chosen Models I suspect. I already have Raptor bits lying around. I had planned to use the legs and such for some Possessed, but I think chosen will come first. I also like the paint scheme,  I had been going back and forth on a Hounds of Abbadon scheme or a more traditional Khorne scheme...

All your models are wonderful, but that Abaddon... I've been thinking for ways to convert it in hist 40k counterpart since when the FW model came out but could never think of anything that would satisfy me. Your conversion though is so gorgeous and, at the same time, so simple that now I realize the answer was alwys there in plain sight for everyone to see, but only you noticed it.

Good job, really. I will draw inspiration from you work when my pile of unbuilt/unpainted miniatures will shrink enough to let me buy new models without ant remorse.

Sorry guys, I haven't updated for a while have I? Thanks for the continued support of my thread!

@ Mr Yak - you don't mean that, you love me really. Come and join us on the dark(er) side :wink:

@ Sith'ari  -I am glad you like, as you have a excellent blog of your own :smile.: Hopefully I will get some paint thrown down at these dudes soon and they will start to look like the Black Legion, as opposed to the 'Grey' Legion.

@ Anubis - go for it, there is always room in the Legion - and we have the best cookies. As I said, I cannot take the credit for the shoulder pad idea as I borrowed it from Mal, but they do look well with them and I am getting better at doing it I think :smile.: Hounds of Abaddon all the way!! Thanks for the comments.

@ Laertes - Abaddon is one of my fave (if not THE fave) characters in the setting, and when the new FW version came out I new exactly what to do, it was like the Dark God's themselves spoke to me - that and I was already planning on a starting a BL army. Thanks for the kind words.

So, no new update? Not really, but I did recieve this in the post at the weekend :devil: 

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/USpartan.jpg

Just need to get some spare time to get cracking on it! 

Also, I have been running Khârn the Betrayer as my HQ recently - he fits the bill with the style I am playing with for smaller games - and have been using a primitive conversion based on Krannon the Relentless from the DV set, with the sword replaced by a crude (ie greenstuffed on) chain axe. Which kind of gave me an idea; anybody notice how much he bares a resemblance to Urkrathos?

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/Urkrathos.png

So with a few tweeks, my counts as Khârn will be based on Krannon. I will also have a Juggerlord for you soon enough....the Legion will be marching on soon enough.

Many thanks again for the continued interest guys, I will update soon :smile.:

Edited by Midnight Runner

• 2 weeks later...

It's Juggertime, yo!

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/1-17.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/2-14.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/3-13.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/5-14.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/6-13.jpg

Yup, magnetized as he requires the usual Axe of Blind Fury

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/7-11.jpg

We will be embarking on a campaign at our club soon, and I have decided to break out the Legion as opposed to my Flesh Eaters with the idea of using it to spur the army on. With that decided, I need to pick a generic Warlord to stick with throughout the campaign. I am not 100% on using this guy as I might use my Daemon Prince - what do you think? The reason I ask is I am going to paint said Warlord; I know I should paint the grunts (I was actually going to do the boring Oblits' first) but to get personality in a campaign, your leader needs to be painted! He is not quite finish as I need to build an the axe and add a few details to his steed.

What do you think, Juggerlord or Khorne Daemon Prince?

C & C welcomed as ever :smile.:

Edited by Midnight Runner

Ah very good thinking Bio - I am undecided what to use as yet so that could swing it for the Lord - but nope the Prince isn't painted yet either, however the Mrs and me have just finished watching Breaking Bad so I should get some more hobby time now that is not taking over my life anymore lol. Also thinking of using my Khârn counts as as a normal Axe-lord (when I finish building him that is!)

The metal Jugger is from the Khorne Daemon Herald (I got it cheap on eBay) it is a bit plain compared to the new ones so needs a bit of bling. I slightly re-positioned it so it is rearing up.

Cheers for the comment :)