codex crimson slaughter.... yup, GW really hates us.

What could the Crimson Slaughter possibly have to offer as a supplement that could alter the dynamic of the Codex which couldn't be adequately represented and more effective with, say, a Book of Khorne supplement? What are they going to give us? Chaos Lord Sevastus Kranon, He of the Power Sword and the Paranoid Homicidal Loonies (not to be confused with a thousand warbands of the same)? Will we get a special character Helbrute to represent his brother that no one will take save a rule granting you a Victory Point if he dies? Wait, that's genius. New Helbrute models... they have terrible rules... reward the Chaos player for having the enemy kill the model you bought from GW which is easy to destroy! I'm on to you GW!

But seriously. What the hell?

Because a Book of Khorne supplement would want to dovetail a new berzerker kit, not a new brute & havocs kit?  The real question is, I think, why they aren't Iron Warriors.  Alternatively, if they wanted to do a post-heresy renegades kit, why didn't they do Red Corsairs, the second largest coherent force of chaos marines after the black legion?

Perhaps they heard all the complaints about the 'vets tax' surrounding the black legion book, and figured what we wanted must be the least veteran chaos force of all, the one they just made up for the last starter box?  And their 'codex' will be just like the black legion book, only instead of having to buy vets, they won't be allowed to by it for anything at all?

I don't know, but supplement (or codex or whatever) crimson slaughter just seems an absolutely bizarre move on GW's part, and rather sours me on the model releases accompanying it.

Wow, really. Great move GW. Please take your marketing depo out side and shoot them.

As a veteran chaos player, here is what I want:

CODEX LEGIONAIRES!

I want to play the World Eaters LEGION complete with berserker terminators and possessed that are worth a damn and everything based around the number 8, not some Khorne berserker wannabes.

I want an Emperor's Children LEGION with a single boob on each model and sonic weapons of EVERYTHING.

I want a Death Guard LEGION that makes you want to puke just looking at it.

I want a Thousand Sons LEGION that buzzes with psychic energy.

I want to stand opposite a marine player and see the dread in his eye's when he realises that the bad dream of yesterday is the nightmare of today.

For the love of the warp, please bring back everything that made chaos characterful and interesting.

PLEASE LET ME WRITE THE CODEX!

CODEX: CRIMSON SLAUGHTER (ENGLISH) 1 £30,00

CHAOS SPACE MARINE SQUAD 1 £23,50

CHAOS SPACE MARINE HELBRUTE 1 £33,00

CHAOS BIKERS 1 £21,00

CHAOS SPACE MARINE ATTACK FORCE 1 £120,00

CHAOS RHINO 1 £23,50

CHAOS TERMINATOR LORD 1 £15,00

CHAOS SPACE MARINE RAPTORS 1 £21,00

CHAOS SPACE MARINE FORGEFIEND 1 £41,00

CHAOS LAND RAIDER 1 £46,00

CHAOS TERMINATORS 1 £28,00

VISIONS OF HERESY (ENGLISH) 1 £45,00

WHITE DWARF WEEKLY 7 (ENGLISH) 1 £2,40

http://img1.joyreactor.cc/pics/comment/%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B3%D0%B5%D0%BD-yoba-%D0%B1%D0%B0%D1%82%D1%82%D1%85%D0%B5%D1%80%D1%82-Butthurt-564611.gif

Yeah, I'm feeling rather butthurt about it.

So, who all around here plays Crimson Slaughter?  I know Gratan does, what about anyone else?  Who all can we feel happy for with this news?

Nope. Don't even like the scheme or the Hellbrute.

Not like we need a specific Codex with fluff. This is what I see would help.

>Legion Tactics. Like Chapter Tactics but for the Chaos Legions.

>Weapons of Legions. Older weapon types as well as some Chaos and Daemon weapons.

>FAQ some of the options for HQ's.

That'll do me until a whole new dex.

Hahahahahahahahahaha!! This brings me out of my months long lurking just to laugh! Another beautifully rediculous move by my most love/hated company.teehee.gif

Carry on the long war, brethren.

This makes me want to do Ron Simmons "DAAAMN!!!". This "codex" will make all those two Crimson Slaughter players happy, I guess.

Insanity, is doing the exact same thing over and over again, expecting s*** to change - Gavdex, Kelly Dex, Black Legion, Crimson Slaughter biggrin.png

Ok, yes, we would all like a Legion codex with all the trimmings, but I can see the logic behind this. If you're new to the game and all you have is Dark Vengeance, then the Crimson Slaughter *are* Chaos. Dark Angels, the other army in the box, have their own Codex, so to the new player it follows that the Crimson Slaughter have their own book.

Dragonlover

although i'd rather see an Iron Warriors supplement, or supplements for each of the Dark Gods, i'm going to see what this offers before judging it. i don't know what rules, units or benefits/downsides it will bring, so instead of stressing i'll be plotting the demise of the imperium from my iron lair. muwhahaha

Ah I got deja vu from the thread when BL legion supplement was rumored.

So repetition engines on full: GW wants to start with "generic" supplements that don't require much work to be done and slowly move toward more complicated supplements. That was always the rumor and I don't know how people suddenly forgot it after BL was released.

I for one am not surprised at all.

EDIT: Just noticed it is assumed to be a Codex, not a supplement. For now I will just assume someone mixed codex with supplement.

So repetition engines on full: GW wants to start with "generic" supplements that don't require much work to be done

Yes, but the question here is less 'why are they doing this before X, Y, or Z', and more 'why are they doing this at all.  It just seems a bizarre choice altogether.  How many people actually play crimson slaughter, or care the slightest about Krannon, or so on?

If they wanted a renegade, post heresy supplement, they could easily have gone with Red Corsairs, which would require no more significant changes than the slaughter, could be every bit as "generic", but would have a much larger fanbase AND a much larger presence in the lore. I mean, the Slaughter is, what, a hundred dudes? Two hundred on the long end?

I'm a little bitter, sure, but mostly I'm just confused.

Archived