codex crimson slaughter.... yup, GW really hates us.

This is kind of dumb.  But with them being a 'recently fallen' Space Marine chapter, maybe they might have access to (good) Imperial Equipment?  Gravy Guns? Arty Armor?  Sternguard? Razorbacks and the Drop Pods?

Yeah probably not, it'll be poo.

My Red Corsairs are using Space Shark chapter tactics, my Zerker's are their own squirrely army that was what I had in mind to build when I started out with CSM (an all assault army to counter my tau army)

Hmm. Its not so much the book that concerns me (because lets face it, who gives two censored.gif about the Crimson slaughter), its the edit to the faeit rumour that states that most of the range is being 'reboxed with new art.'

Just new art? What about the models? We know that the brute is a new kit, but what of the rest?

Bummer, I was looking forward to Raptor-esque squad/chosen. Ho-hum.

And wait...Crimson Who?.......lol.....They can be cool I am sure, their fluff isn't terrible, but c'maaaaaan, Red Corsairs would have been excellent.

Out of everything in the new starter box that is Chaos, the Helbrute Chaos Dreadnought (I just can't call it that - makes me think of some guy smelling of bad cologne trying to get a date with bad pick-up lines) is the kit that 'needed' to be made? Really? I really hope there's more to this and/or some kind of silver lining that nobody is expecting. I know, it's asking a lot considering many of GWs recent choices, but I can hope.

I think brothers there is one question to ask, what in the name of the Dark Gods will the Crimson Slaughter bring to the table?

Do they have anything special about them, do they have unique units, are they really that important?

All I know from the Dark Vengeance novel, the Ascension of Balthasar and the other promo material is the following:

- they managed to capture a Fallen;

- most of their forces is deployed via drop pod (DV novel and AoB);

- one of their space marines willingly sacrificed himself to spill out secrets to the DA chaplain;

- the only space marines ever mentioned are the Chosen;

- they hear whispers and see scary ghost people... yeah how original for chaos...

- their chapter must have a grudge with the Dark Angels...

- their chapter master probably got his rank due to bribes... he is quite incompetent,...

- their most elite forces got shafted by not even a demi-company of Dark Angels...

- they were once Crimson Sabres... 

So what in all this warrants a codex?

I think brothers there is one question to ask, what in the name of the Dark Gods will the Crimson Slaughter bring to the table?

Would that be hoping for too much?

Well, as someone who started a Crimson Slaughter Warband because of the Dark Vengeance box sets; I am kind of looking forward to this. Despite all the negativity...

Sad that I seem to be in the minority...

I think it is kind of cool. They introduced the Crimson Slaughter with the Starter Set. Instead of leaving it at that, they add more to them later down the road with a new supplement/codex. I think this would be even more support than the Blood Ravens got after Dawn of War came out. Something they should have done at the time.

Well, a new Helbrute kit may provide more conversion pieces for people making radical kitbash versions of various daemon engines/ daemon princes, but I think the jury's out until we see the sprue pictures.

If a book caled "Codex: Crimson Slaughter" really gets released I'm going to be torn between genuine curiosity (which would be why I would buy it) and disgust (which would make this the first book with a Chaos star on it that I haven't purchased in a long time). Part of me really wants it to be cool and surprising, while part of me feels like if I knew the right people, and applied the right mix of booze and charisma, I could get a "Codex: Deprecators" published.

(Which would be awesome)

Remember, the supplement codexes are for the parts of the chapter that are slightly different to the rest (sentinels of Terra, Clan Raukaan). Most of the Crimson Slaughter deploy by drop pod, this codex will be for those troublemakers who prefer to foot slog!

So what in all this warrants a codex?

*Crosses fingers for character Hellbrute with AV13, chosen upgrade character, cultist upgrade characters, special rules for Can of the Relentless's magic sword*

I've got the weird feeling that the Crimson Slaughter is going to be far superior than the Black Legion Codex (therefore implying the CS are superior to the BL) just for the GW Lulz. 

I'll use it if it would suit my playstyle, that is all. But frankly it will be the size of the Iyanden and BL supplements so will have no extra units but will have upgrades and some relics and it's own warlord traits.

Definitely.

I think there's been too much moaning to be frank. Yes, I would've liked legion rules and Crimson Slaughter are a new warband but let's wait to see rules first before we condemn a codex we know nothing about.

After the Imperial Knight fiasco I'm happy for a new rule set to try out on my army.

All I really want out of my Chaos Space Marines, are generic Beserker Lord.  Beserker Terminators.  Beserker Mutliators.  Beserker Helbrutes.  Beserker Bikers.  Beserker Raptors.  Beserker Warp Talons.  Beserker Defilers.

That's ws5 (or higher in the case of Lords and such) Mark of Khorne goodies and Fearless, with Furious Charge built in.

As it is, I'm giving strong consideration (since I'm planning to implement a Bikes, Spawn and Heldrake for my Zerkers) to make a Blood Angel Knights of Blood Army with the CSM Raptors since they look so radically different-and have it be an all jump pack army-Just cause.

Oh I just can't WAIT for all the wonderful background information and colourful pictures! I'm going to pre-order two of these, just so I can keep a copy pristine, because I know I'm going to wear out the spine of the first one from opening it so many times to reference it during games!

Hot damn, I hope it has an exclusive, limited dust jacket I can pay extra for.

Also, call my doctor, my meds have run dry and I'm king of the moon bats.

This must be the ultimate insult...."oh you want another supplement? you keep moaning about legion-specific rules? Ahh we understand, you probably mean Crimson Slaughter, which we made up a year ago, with just about 0 fluff, which most people have never heard of and which you would probably prefer over Alpha Legion / Night Lords / Red Corairs, let along Nurlge/Slaanesh etc...Dont thank us now, you get it for the special price of only $49.50...sincerely GW"

Or something along those lines I suppose...

This must be the ultimate insult...."oh you want another supplement? you keep moaning about legion-specific rules? Ahh we understand, you probably mean Crimson Slaughter, which we made up a year ago, with just about 0 fluff, which most people have never heard of and which you would probably prefer over Alpha Legion / Night Lords / Red Corairs, let along Nurlge/Slaanesh etc...Dont thank us now, you get it for the special price of only $49.50...sincerely GW"

Or something along those lines I suppose...

Considering a Night Lords supplement would just be another Raptor army with subpar fluff, umm yes, I'd rather see the Crimson Slaughter butchered. :D

No Trevak, evidentally all your drop pods self destruct the second you turn from the emperor's good graces

Oh yeah, also the knowledge of how to build them is zapped from every ones mind.

Archived