Bourne of Guilliman

chapter symbol is the ultra's symbol with staggered red tear drops from top of the U to the base.

Name: Blood of Guilliman

Origins:

4th founding.

Homeworld: planet and sizeable fleet

belief's:

The teachings of Guilliman  

Combat Doctrine: Codex Astartes company layout

gene seed: Ultramarines

For some reason gene - seed takes longer to mature in Blood of Guilliman marines taking a centuary or more due to
slight detrition of zygote implant) older veterans leak tears of blood from the corner of their eyes a sign that the seed has matured

enough for cultivation

Battle cry:

By Guilliman's Blood

It's a start, certainly smile.png The idea of red tears on Veterans' helmets is a cool idea. I take it the tears are "shed" due to Guillimans incarceration in the stasis field, or are they shed for another reason (I realise you haven't finalised the fluff for this Chapter, but I thought I'd add a couple of questions in case they help with things)

I haven't seen an Ultramarine DIY for a while (although I haven't been in the Liber regularly for some time), so I'm quite interested in what you come up with (it's kinda difficult making a new UM successor that's both original and cool at the same time as most of the ideas are already taken! blink.png )

thanks for the reply, to answer your queries the tears on the vetrens helmets are for guillimans current predicament and for all that has befallen their parent chapter over the centuries including the battle for maccragge and the destruction it brought.

where did the painter go to cant find it now since the major upgrades ( ive been off grid a while)

I'm sorry, I don't think I'll be able to help you.  The thought of there being an entire chapter founded solely for the purpose of crying over the fact that life in Warhammer 40k isn't fair and the Ultramarines don't have every single thing go 100% their way all the damn time is a thought that makes me want to slap someone.

I'm sorry, I don't think I'll be able to help you.  The thought of there being an entire chapter founded solely for the purpose of crying over the fact that life in Warhammer 40k isn't fair and the Ultramarines don't have every single thing go 100% their way all the damn time is a thought that makes me want to slap someone.

I very much doubt that the point of this successor is to merely cry over their Primarch. Perhaps the Chapters ultimate goal is to take revenge for his internment? Whilst I respect that you have your own opinions on everything 40k, I do ask that if you aren't able to post anything for the OP's benefit, that you at least avoid comments such as the above. There quite a few things that I find annoying in my hobby time, but wanting to slap people for that annoyance isn't very advisable.

While not quite so vehemently, I do agree that "Tears" seems somewhat too morose and passive for a Space Marine Chapter. Space Marines would be all about avenging the wrongs, not lamenting it. Though, obviously there are the Lamenters, so it isn't like the idea is without precedent. Though I tend to believe the Lamenters were something of a joke, and happened to occupy a space that ended up being of minor importance to 40K when the game transitioned from Rogue Trader to 2d Edition's "Modern" 40K. Either way, it's an interesting idea for a Chapter. Though the idea of it being founded from pilgrims to visit his body in stasis really doesn't jive with the fluff. According to the fluff and the age requirements for the implants, Space Marines would be recruited as small children (ages 6-10). Taking them from pilgrims, even just originally, would be an extremely limited recruiting pool. Plus, technically it would leave them recruiting from Macragge, which might be frowned upon by the Ultramarines, lol.

The Painter is here:  http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/smpbeta.php

Either way, always good to see Ultramarines successors. After all, in the grim darkness of the far future, all Space Marine chapters are Ultramarines. ;) Or at least two thirds of them are.

• 3 months later...
As usual people mis reading what i write, what i had was ( On the day of the chapters founding it was said that those who had made the pilgrimage to Guilliman's stasis tomb say they witnessed tears of blood rolling from his eyes.) It maybe that some of the pilgrims might present their young son as a possible candidate but usually recruitment happens from planets surrounding.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a Chapter that's actually called the Lamenters? I think some symbolic tears are perfectly at home in this universe. There's a lot that can be done with the concept. Perhaps the tears are simply external marks that endear the Chapter to locals, who view it as a symbol of empathy or compassion from beings that often seem to lack humanity. Maybe they can be related to the enemy blood they intend to shed in their Primarch's name. As Aquilanus stated, it's probably not the "message" the Chapter was founded to spread.

In that interest, EI (I'm talking at you, Indignation) have you any thoughts on more background so we have more than this one point to discuss from?

It's...... kind of out there, but you could call them the Lacrimarines. It's got an element of Ultramarines in it and "lacrima" is Latin for tear. Or you could go a different direction, and just have a general spacey badass name for the Chapter, and call their homeworld Lacrima or something related. Lacrimus, for example. The world of tears, where the population has been raised on tales of the Ultramarines and Guilliman's sacrifice, and the more faithful are sometimes brought to tears over it. The Chapter, however, does not recruit from such as these, instead preferring men of action, and anger, who wish to strike back at the enemies of the Primarch.

Try writing one anyway. You don't have to share, just write it for yourself. Don't worry about contradictions or inconsistencies or any errors. Just write it. Write the whole thing, from beginning to end, and then read it back to yourself. If you find you're inconsistent and contradictory, then don't throw it away and start from scratch, but use what you've got as a basis. Use it as a framework for version 2. By doing that, you'll have something to work with and refer to. You can do "Oh, no I can't have Chapter Master Bob do this, he was busy doing that, but if I drop that and have him do this instead, it will be a lot better, and free up X for Y..." and so forth.

Jotting down ideas is how any writing project starts! Story, essay, or fan-made Chapter! Jot down enough ideas, and you'll wind up with a whole article before you know it. Because you have a good idea for a character or an event in the Chapter's history doesn't mean you instantly have to write an article about your Chapter. Save a folder on your computer, or an envelope if you prefer jotting ideas down on paper, and add to it when you have an idea about your Chapter - doesn't matter if it's a good idea or not. There are no bad ideas at this stage. Just write it all down, don't stress about putting them together, just keep it all as an idea bank to draw from later.

• 2 years later...

Archived