Codex: Marines Adamant, DIY Supplement

Lysimachus

Hey all,

Been typing up some ideas for my current (well, in-progress) army, the Marines Adamant. Brief fluff is below, and full IA is in my sig, but in terms of rules I’ve been forced to use C:SW (primarily for TDA squad leaders but also more midfield focussed Tac/GH squads) with C:SM allies for things like MotF, Ironclad Dreads, etc which I feel are fluffy choices for my theme.

Now this works to an extent, but I really dislike having the majority of my troops having SW special rules rather than the IH bionic-y goodness. Hence I figured why not make my own Supplement? I’ve based it on C:SM as I think it’s easier to add/remove from that than to do the same from C:SW.

All thoughts, suggestions, crit, etc are very welcome and thanks for reading!

CODEX SUPPLEMENT: MARINES ADAMANT

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd11/simoncherylm/sm4-2.jpg
Marines Adamant Battle Brother
Born during M.32 as part of the 4th Founding, the Marines Adamant are proud Successors of the gene-sons of Ferrus Manus. Since those ancient days, the Chapter’s relentless hatred and unbending determination have won the Imperium wars beyond numbering and gained them a long record of honours earned in service to the Emperor of Man. Much like their Iron Hands forebears, the Marines Adamant are divided into ten distinct war forces, known within the Chapter as ‘Households’. Each Household is approximately equal in size to a Codex Battle Company and is equipped to deploy and fight with similar flexibility. The favoured tactics of the Warleaders who command the Households are methodical and brutally blunt. Though some might say the Marines Adamant lack the finesse and lightning speed possessed by other Astartes there can be no doubt that their unyielding advances, supported by armoured vehicles and heavy firepower, are devastatingly effective.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd11/simoncherylm/castle-1.png
4th Household Emblem
The brethren of the Chapter have a well-earned reputation for ferocity, courage and unbreakable resolve. Unfortunately, equally infamous is the distaste with which the Marines Adamant fight beside those who should be their brothers-in-arms. The warriors of the Chapter are dour, superstitious and instinctively distrustful of those around them. While their own brethren are tolerated – although still carefully watched – most outsiders are viewed with outright hostility and contempt. It is not uncommon for Warleaders to refuse to coordinate with or share intelligence with other Imperial commanders, viewing them as potential threats rather than allies. Only a handful, such as the Adeptus Mechanicus of the nearby Gharant III Forgeworld, or Chapters who have fought and proven their worth beside them in the past, are afforded their meagre trust.

“… You? My brother? Mark me well, son of Guilliman. I had two brothers. The first I sent to his death in battle, the second I gutted after he tried to take my rightful place. Now, get out of my way so I can go kill these graslig heretics!” – Warleader Isbeorn the Grim.

(Use C:SM, Chapter Tactics: Iron Hands with the following additional rules)

Army-wide Rules

Implacable Advance: The Chapter advocates a steady, methodical approach to warfare, favouring line infantry over dedicated assault units. Bike mounted Captains or Chapter Masters do not provide the ‘Mounted Assault’ rule to their forces. Furthermore, Vanguard Veterans and all Fast Attack choices are 0-1 in any Marines Adamant detachment.

Hate the Flesh: The Marines Adamant are notorious for their near universal distrust of others. All Armies that would be considered Battle Brothers in the Allies Matrix are instead Allies of Convenience.

Warlord Traits

(from IH Supplement)

1- Adept of the Omnissiah – The Warlord gains Blessing of the Omnissiah (or a re-roll for it if he already has this ability).

2- The Warlord gains the Fearless USR.

3- The Warlord receives +1 to his FNP rolls.

4- The Warlord and the Marines Adamant unit he has joined can auto-fail morale checks.

5- The Warlord and friendly Marines Adamant within 12" gain the Crusader USR.

6- The Warlord and the Marines Adamant unit he has joined can reroll to hits of 1 in shooting phase.

Troops

Marines Adamant Tactical Squad

The Households of the Chapter are well known for their self-reliant and mobile infantry, able to fulfil any battlefield role.

As C:SM, but replace third bullet point with:

• If the squad numbers 10 models, one Space Marine may take one item from the Heavy Weapons list or two Space Marines may take one item each from the Special Weapons list.

• Any Space Marine may take a Chainsword (close combat weapon) at 1pt/model

Elites

Marines Adamant Hearthguard 35 pts

(replaces Terminator/Terminator Assault Squads)

Hearthguard Squad
UnitWSBSSTWIALdSv

Hearthguard444414292+

Unit Composition:

1 Hearthguard Terminator

Unit Type:

Infantry (Character)

Wargear:

Terminator Armour

Storm bolter

Power weapon

Special rules:

And They Shall Know No Fear

Chapter Tactics

Trusted lieutenant: Among the obsessive and suspicious Households, the Hearthguard are the most trusted and reliable warriors a Warleader can call upon. As such they are usually assigned to watch over the Chapter’s line squads who have not yet proven their loyalty and worth. Each Hearthguard Terminator purchased must be joined to a Marines Adamant Tactical or Devastator Squad before deployment and is considered to be part of this squad in all respects for the entirety of the game.

Options:

• Up to 9 additional Hearthguard may be purchased as a single Elites choice at a cost of 35pts each, but all must be assigned to a Marines Adamant Tactical or Devastator Squad. Only one Hearthguard may be assigned to each Squad. Squads who upgrade their Sgt to Veteran status may not have a Hearthguard Terminator assigned (as the Vt Sgt represents a Hearthguard in Power armour).

• Any model may take items from the Terminator Weapons list.

I like it, its a nice cherry ontop of an IA! Certainly will do the same once mine reaches a sort of complete point.

And it looks good to me, you win some and you lose some and you did both. Will you be adding Chapter relics as well? Since you have a very old Chapter.

Thanks for comments gents! Hmmm, hadn't thought about Relics/Characters but it's certainly not a bad idea! Not a huge fan of the Relics in the IH Supplement, which is why I haven't swapped them out along with the Warlord Traits, but I could make up some of my own! Will have a think and post back later.

Archived