21st Redemption Crusade - Cerberus Conversion WIP

Zyth23

icon4.gif 21st Redemption Crusade

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/079/4/4/_wh40k__21st_crusade_icon_003_by_zyth23-d7awwpk.png

icon4.gif Introduction

Greeting Brother,

I decided to start posting Pics of the Model forming my Battle Company.

I'll begin with my High Marshal, Zythius. (Yeah I know I had no Imagination to name my High Marshal)

icon4.gif Update Logs

*Update 07.March.2014: Knight and Devastator Centurions Pic Added*

*Update 09.March.2014: Knight Errant [WIP] first pic added*

*Update 11.March.2014: Knight Errant [WIP] Gehena Gold Layer pic added*

*Update 16.March2014: Vanguards & Chaplain (Jetpack) pic added*

*Update 16.March.2014: Vanguards - Teutonic Knights Conversion [WIP] first pic added*

*Update 17.March.2014: Marshal Selina [WIP] first pic added*

*Update 17.March.2014: Marshal Agna - Mistress of the Terminators [WIP] first pic added*

*Update 17.March.2014: Vanguards - Teutonic Knights Conversion [WIP] painting first test pic added*

*Update 18.March.2014: Marshal Selina [WIP] Painted pic added*

*Update 18.March.2014: 21st Crusade Icon first test added*

*Update 19.March.2014: Renamed Crusade into "21st Crusade", and Crusade icon done*

*Update 23.March.2014: Spartan Assault Tank Conversion [WIP] first pic added, painting in progress*

*Update 23.March.2014: Spartan Assault Tank Conversion With Turret [WIP] pic added*

*Update 24.March.2014: Spartan Assault Tank Conversion [WIP] Highlighting first pic*

*Update 25.March.2014: Spartan Assault Tank Conversion [WIP] Close to be Completed pic added*

*Update 26.March.2014: Inquisitress Isabella & Valentina [WIP] first pic added*

*Update 27.March.2014: IF Veteran Vanguards Conversion [WIP] first pic added*

*Update 27.March.2014: IF Veteran Vanguards Conversion [WIP] first model painted*

*Update 28.March.2014: 21st Crusade Banner drawing added*

*Update 31.March.2014: Steel Korps IG Auxilia [WIP] first model painted added*

*Update 02.April.2014: Void Shield Generator picture added*

*Update 10.April.2014: 09.04.2014 Battle Rep 1'500pts vs Necrons*

*Update 04.May.2014: ETL3 First Vow - Cypher first pic added*

*Update 05.May.2014: ETL3 First Vow - Cypher completed, painted pic added*

*Update 05.May.2014: ETL3 Second Vow Started - first pic added*

*Update 11.May.2014: ETL3 Second Vow Update - progress pic added*

*Update 12.May.2014: ETL3 Second Vow Update - tracks pic added*

*Update 19.May.2014: Astral Claws - Tyrant's Legion: Arc-Centurion Commodus Carnac Conversion pic added*

*Update 26.May.2014: Typhon Heavy Siege Tank & Fellblade Conversion first pic added*

*Update 02.June.2014: Luft Huron Conversion Pic added*

*Update 10.June.2014: ETL3 Second Vow Update - First Vengeance Battery Pic added*

*Update 20.June.2014: FellBlade & Typhon Heavy Siege Tank & Cerberus Heavy Tank Destroyer Conversion progress pic added*

icon4.gif Battle Company Zythius Showcase

--

High Marshal Zythius Stuff

--

Knight Paladin and Devastator Centurions

--

Knight Errant |WIP|

--

Vanguards and Chaplain with Jetpacks

--

Vanguards - Teutonic Knights Conversion |WIP|

--

Marshal Selina |WIP|

Marshal Selina |WIP| Painted

--

Marshal Agna - Mistress of the Terminator |WIP|

--

21st Crusade Icon First Test

21st Crusade Icon Second Test

21st Crusade Icon Third and Final Version

--

Spartan Asault Tank Conversion |WIP| first pic

Spartan Assault Tank Conversion With Turret |WIP|

Spartan Assault Tank Conversion |WIP| Highlight first pic

Spartan Assault Tank Conversion |WIP| Close to be Completed

--

Inquisitress Isabella & Valentina |WIP| first pic

--

IF Veteran Vanguards Conversion |WIP| first pic

IF Veteran Vanguards Conversion |WIP| first model painted

--

21st Crusade Banner Drawing

--

Steel Korps IG Auxilia |WIP| first model painted

--

Void Shield Generator fist pic

--

ETL3 Vow 1 - Cypher first pic

ETL3 Vow 1 - Cypher completed, painted pic

--

ETL3 Vow 2 - first pic

ETL3 Vow 2 - Progress pic 001

ETL3 Vow 2 - Tracks pic 002

ETL3 Vow 2 - First Vengeance Battery pic 003

--

Zyth Room AKA Templar Workshop

--

Astral Claws - Tyrant's Legion: Arch-Centurion Commodus Carnac Conversion

--

Typhon Heavy Siege Tank & Fellblade Conversion first pic

FellBlade & Typhon Heavy Siege Tank & Cerberus Heavy Tank Destryoer Conversion progress pic

--

Astral Claws - Tyrant's Legion: Luft Huron Conversion

--

icon4.gif Battle Company Zythius Battle Log

09.04.2014 Battle Report 1'500pts vs Necrons

--

icon4.gif

Feel free to Comment.

Cordially, Zyth.

He's awesome looking. Where did that sword come from?

Vanguard box, two chainsword converted in one single HUGE one and glued on the Power Sword from the box. (as the description says)

And some greenstuff.

I used the Dark Angels Veteran pack for the Legs. It's Terminators Legs.

The Torso is from the Space Marines Captain box, same for the Cloak.

+ More Pic added

He looks pretty bad censored.gif dude, nicely done thumbsup.gif

Not sure about everyone else, but putting all of your pics under individual spoilers puts me off from checking any other than the first one.

Cheers,

Jono

EDIT: Grammar

Nope, you aren't the only one- it gets tedious. That said, once I saw the first picture, I made sure to click the others.

Great job on this mini! What is next for your templars?

He looks pretty bad censored.gif dude, nicely done thumbsup.gif

Not sure about everyone else, but putting all of your pics under individual spoilers puts me off from checking any other than the first one.

Cheers,

Jono

EDIT: Grammar

Nope, you aren't the only one- it gets tedious. That said, once I saw the first picture, I made sure to click the others.

Great job on this mini! What is next for your templars?

The reason of the spoiler inside spoiler, is to keep the first post "small", that way I can post all pictures on the first post without taking gigantic size.

--

Next: I have a lot of "bad painted" models, which I will rework before posting them.

But Next model will be the Templar Errant Knight I'll start painting probably next week.

Knights are badass. Also, you posed yours exactly the way I want to pose mine. Did you have to convert it in any way, or does the kit allow decent posing of the arms and stuff?

I'm actually digging the plume. It draws attention to his helmet, which has a huge friggin Malteze cross on it, so I'd say it's Templary enough. Your Marshal looks great. Really cool model. Personally I prefer a white or cream cape, instead of red, especially when decorated with black crosses. Makes em pop more.

(But I still dislike Centurions.dry.png)

Can't wait for more of your work. Especially that Knight, I need inspiration!

Knights are badass. Also, you posed yours exactly the way I want to pose mine. Did you have to convert it in any way, or does the kit allow decent posing of the arms and stuff?

100% officiel kit, and legs + chest are not glued together.

No need glue / magnet for them to be stable.

My next work will be a Templary Knight, I'll start assembling my Errant Knight in few minutes, I hope to be able to apply basecoat today and paint it tomorrow.

Looks okay atm, are you going to paint some parts white, or stick with an all-black scheme? I'm thinking of using more white than black on mine, just to show it's a Freeblade and not a BT Knight.

Looks okay atm, are you going to paint some parts white, or stick with an all-black scheme? I'm thinking of using more white than black on mine, just to show it's a Freeblade and not a BT Knight.

Atm I only made the Black Basecoat, and the Brown Base for Gold Parts. I'll use some Runefang Steel, some Balthasar Gold and White on Shoulder Pads.

To Show it's a freeblade, it's easy: Don't use Mechanicus / Imperium decorations. Just paint it and draw funny symbols.

I've used the Mechanicus symbol above the head on my two Knights, because I love the Mechanicus Icon. And They'll be FreeBlades but still Loyalist to the Mechanicus, and mainly playing with my Black Templars / Iron Hands / Death Korps.

Now it's time to start painting the Runefang Steel. (Will put a necron Compound dry before)

Looking good.  I used to do the same technique with gold.  Brown base, followed by gold on top.  I swapped that to bathasar gold or something as the base (once the new paints came out), but basically gives an identical effect.

If you find the gold is too strong, use a wash to dull the shine, then lightly dry brush the layer back on it.  It'll give it some pop highlights, but also prevent it from being overpowering.  (try it on a small section first to see if you like it!).  You can also do a "very light" dry brush of some chainmail or mithril silver with that to give a really sharp highlight.  

All depends on what you are looking for.  Only mention this as you were talking about worry with traitor legions, so this might be a way to break it up a little. I do think you could use another color in there to break up the black.  It's always hard to tell in photos though!

All depends on what you are looking for.  Only mention this as you were talking about worry with traitor legions, so this might be a way to break it up a little. I do think you could use another color in there to break up the black.  It's always hard to tell in photos though!

The gold and black are definitly black legions. I wanted to make my errant in color sheme of our old Sword Bretheren, but I'll need Cloak on my Knight for that XD

imo, the quickest way to go from Black Legion to Black Templar= White. Even by just painting the helmet white, you'd go away from the BL image immediately. Besides that, Iconography. Using some Imperial/Templar symbols and icons does the same job really.

I concur with Brother Andhil, while painting my Knight I ran into the same problem. I got extremely worried because it was turning out to look like a black legion titan. after I added the white/bleached bone colours it didn't look so bad.

Archived