21st Redemption Crusade - Cerberus Conversion WIP

Zyth23

that's really big!

yes xD I didn't realized before placing the Knight next to it.

And also it's an official model, not a recasted one.

It's the number 331st (from the 1000 produced)

Wow that's really big!  Is it about 10 inches tall? (25 cm?)

Thanks for sharing btw!

9,5"x5"x5"

Also it got rules in the box, and it got battlements so it could be an epic fortification to use as Space marines. (And it's easy to build your own)

Wow, it is big. Kinda explains the hefty price tag.

While I'm not a big fan of the model itself, I'm still curious to see what it's gonna look like all painted up: Zyth-style. laugh.png

Wow, it is big. Kinda explains the hefty price tag.

While I'm not a big fan of the model itself, I'm still curious to see what it's gonna look like all painted up: Zyth-style. laugh.png

tongue.png

Take the original scheme presented on the white dward, add more black, more white, remove the blue, add green, andd templars cross, and if I got inspiration i'll probably make some "lightning arcs" with metalic wire Greenstuffed =D

I think I'll start painting this tomorrow.

What's this, precious? Void generator?! We wants it! We neeeds it, precious! GIVE IT TO US!!!

Krikey is sad. Sad and jealous. He can still be a little happy for you, though. But only a bit.

~K

What's this, precious? Void generator?! We wants it! We neeeds it, precious! GIVE IT TO US!!!

Krikey is sad. Sad and jealous. He can still be a little happy for you, though. But only a bit.

~K

I promiss I will work hard to make a good scratch built model tutorial.

For the glory of our chapter, I'll make it with Templars icons on the walls tongue.png

Today is a big day for my Crusade.

I just won my first game as True Templar. (Fully CC army, including 3 Drop Pods, 2 LRC and one EC as Warlord + crusaderrssss)

I played a 1'500pts game against a T'au, and I won 4 - 3 at the end of turn 3. My opponnent and I had to go home to sleep.

It was a Xenos Purging scenario.

I played with Two 10men Crusader squad (5x Initiate, 5x Neophytes, 1x Flamer) inside 1 LRC each. One 20men Squad (9x Initiate, 1x Sword Brother, 10x Neophytes, 1x Power-Fist) with one Chaplain and my EC attached to it, they were walking and crushing anything on their path (and one Drop Pod as assigned transport to allow the other 2 pods to land on turn 1). Two other 5men squad (5x initiate with Bolters) in Pod, that arrived at turn 1.

I lost one DropPod, one didn't arrived, one LRC.

I got the First Blood, Line Breaker, one Piranah Squadron, one Broadside Squad.

Using Tank Attacks with LRC, to move 12" through enemy units is cool and extremly usefull.

I really enjoyed this game, I lost ~~1/2 of my 20men squad (all my Neophytes and 2 Initiates) but the others survived.

Next time I'll probably switch the two 5men Crusader in Pod for two 5men Assault-Marines without Jump Pack in Pods with two Flamers (95pts instead of 105pts) to take something else with the 20 remaining points.

Congratulations on your victory Brother Zyth. Every victory brings us closer to a Human galaxy. thumbsup.gif

There's something awesome about running 20 Templars across the board. Hell, I run 15-man squads, and those already feel like big squads to me. laugh.png

I'm also glad to see that there are more people who allow 10 Neo's to join a Squad with a Sword Brother. Some claim (and, I admit, it is written thus) that a Sword Brother doesn't count as an Initiate, and you can't have more Neo's than Initiates. I still believe this is an oversight, and most people should have better things to do than complain about one extra scout in a squad. tongue.png

Keep up the good work, Zyth. Your Zeal is an inspiration to all!

I'm also glad to see that there are more people who allow 10 Neo's to join a Squad with a Sword Brother. Some claim (and, I admit, it is written thus) that a Sword Brother doesn't count as an Initiate, and you can't have more Neo's than Initiates. I still believe this is an oversight, and most people should have better things to do than complain about one extra scout in a squad. tongue.png

In fact, you CAN take it ALL the time.

You must do the actions from the top to the bottom when selecting a squad:

1) taking 5 Initiate

2) adding extra Initiate

3) adding neophytes

4) stuffing

5) upgrading one Initiate into Sword Brother.

So today I'll probably play a 1'500pts game.

I bring my two LRC with 9men inside, my bloby squad with EC and Chappy, *but had to remove 2 neophytes =(* and my Spartan!

I'll try to take pictures of the game to make an imaged battle report.

So as promissed, here is the battle report including pictures.

Prepare to laught and to cry.

--

Armies: 1'500pts Black Templars vs 1'500pts Necrons.

Mission: The Relic

Deployment: Dawn of War (not sure it's this name in Enligh)

Black Templars Forces:

- 1x Emperor's Champion *Warlord*

- 1x Chaplain

- 9men Crusader Squad Alpha (5 Initiate, 4 Neophytes, 1 Flamer)

- 1x LRC Alpha (with Multi-Melta) *with Alpha Squad Embarked*

- 9men Crusader Squad Beta (5 Initiate, 4 Neophytes, 1 Flamer)

- 1x LRC Beta (with Multi-Melta) *with Beta Squad Embarked*

- 18men Crusader Squad Gamma (10x Initiate, 8x Neophytes, 1x Flamer)

- 1x Spartan Assault Tank *with Gamma Squad Embarked, EC and Chappy*

Necrons Forces:

- 1x Lord Destroyer (with invulnerable) *Warlord*

- 5x Canoptek Wraith (2 with Cables making me attacking I1, others with useless weapons) *Warlord here*

- 5x Necrons Warrior

- 1x Night Scythe *5x Warrior inside*

- 5x Necrons Warrior

- 1x Night Scythe *5x Warrior inside*

- 10x Necrons Warrior

- 1x Ghost Ark *10x Warrior inside*

- 5x Canoptek Scarabs

- 5x Canoptek Scarabs

- 1x Triarch Stalker

- 1x Annihilation Barge

- 1x Annihilation Barge

- 2x Canoptek Spyders

-Deployment- *Dark Time in Sight*

The Necron deployed first, then I.

I placed my LRCs just out of ranges of his Scarabs, but I took the First turn on a 6.

Also there was the Night at first turn.

(You can see the relic on the second picture, in the middle of the table)

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/100/a/5/_wh40k__battle_rep_09_04_2014___001_by_zyth23-d7dvksm.jpg

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/100/9/0/_wh40k__battle_rep_09_04_2014___002_by_zyth23-d7dvkwp.jpg

-1st Turn: Templars- *First to play, First to fail*

I made the first mistakes of the game there.

First, my attempt to prevent my LRCs and Spartan to stay out of range of Scarabas was dead due to me taking the first turn.

Second, I forgot that the Scarabs have many HPs, and after moving my LRCs and Spartan I began to shoot on them. (I moved 12")

When I realized that I definitly failed my first turn, I moved the other LRC and my Spartan instead of shooting.

What I should have done is to move 6", then disembark my troops. But I'm not sure that would have change anything.

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/100/3/6/_wh40k__battle_rep_09_04_2014___003_by_zyth23-d7dvl8p.jpg

-1st Turn: Necron- *Let the Rampage Begin*

He moved his scarabs, that was logic, to crush my tanks down. (After adding 1 scarabs base on each squads with spyders)

He algo moved his Wraith in direction of the Center LRC.

His Ghost Ark moved between my Center LRC and the Relic. (within 12", so no cover and hardcore high ammount of shots)

He also moved his Triarch Stalker to be able to shot on my Center LRC, to get the entire army Twin-Linked during the shooting phase.

He moved the two Annihilation Barges to use the Gauss cannon into the LRCs.

During the Shooting Phase, he removed 3HP to my Center LRC with his 30 Twin-Linked Gauss shots.

During the Assault Phase, he turned my Spartan and my other LRC into an useless giant piece of metal with Scarabs, and the Center LRC into another useless giant piece of metal with his Wraith and his Lord Destroyer.

+ Here he got the First Blood +

That made all my Crusaders disembarking.

After that, he moved his scarabs and wraith backward.

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/100/a/6/_wh40k__battle_rep_09_04_2014___004_by_zyth23-d7dvlaz.jpg

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/100/9/d/_wh40k__battle_rep_09_04_2014___005_by_zyth23-d7dvlgi.jpg

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/100/8/d/_wh40k__battle_rep_09_04_2014___006_by_zyth23-d7dvlk1.jpg

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/100/b/c/_wh40k__battle_rep_09_04_2014___007_by_zyth23-d7dvlo1.jpg

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/100/1/7/_wh40k__battle_rep_09_04_2014___008_by_zyth23-d7dvls0.jpg

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/100/b/d/_wh40k__battle_rep_09_04_2014___009_by_zyth23-d7dvlx9.jpg

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/100/3/2/_wh40k__battle_rep_09_04_2014___010_by_zyth23-d7dvm27.jpg

-2nd Turn: Templars- *Even when the Defeat is in Sight, My Zeal never Failed! No Pity! No Remorse! No Fear! CHAAAAAAAAAAAARGE*

While writing this, I noticed that we probably failed something on this turn.

As my Crusaders disembarked on Turn 1, I'm not sure they were able to charge at Turn 2, but I did charged.

So after moving my Crusader to be able to burn some Scarabs, and Charge the Lord Destryoer, I started the shooting.

The amount of pistol shot is just insane.

I removed some W to the scarabs that downed my Non-Painted LRC with Flamer and killed two scarabs base with pistol shots.

I removed one W to the Lord Destroyer in the Shooting Phase with 2 Squads firing on him. (I failed alot of To Wound rolls)

Then I charged the Lord Destroyer's Squad of Wraith with 29men. (75% came base to base, 50% of the 20men squad, also some were base to base with scarabs, and the entire 9men squad)

As Templar and EC, I naturally Challenged him. (But that was a mistake once again)

He accepted the Challenge, making my assault useless, as the other Wraith were not base to base of anything.

Scarabs killed few Neophytes on both CC fights (one near the 29men and the other near the 9men squad)

I also removed few W to scarabs, but not enought to kill them all.

The Lord Destroyer removed one W to my EC, but he saved all attacks from my EC. (Including one Instant Death attack...)

At the end of the Assault, we made mistake with the move at the end of the phase and we moved both all models as we wanted of 3". (Normaly only non base-to-base models can do that move, but we realized that on turn 3)

He moved one of his Wraith with I1 Cables base to base with my EC, we were not sure if the Challenge were affected with this kind of effect, but we choose to apply it.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/100/0/6/_wh40k__battle_rep_09_04_2014___011_by_zyth23-d7dvm5s.jpg

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/100/0/f/_wh40k__battle_rep_09_04_2014___012_by_zyth23-d7dvm9c.jpg

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/100/d/2/_wh40k__battle_rep_09_04_2014___013_by_zyth23-d7dvmcg.jpg

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/100/c/5/_wh40k__battle_rep_09_04_2014___014_by_zyth23-d7dvmfk.jpg

*I didn't took picture of the first assault on the Lord Destroyer, but I took some on the Necron 2nd Turn*

-2nd Turn: Necrons- *Fly Fly Fly Fly and KILL*

He got 6 on his two reserve rolls for the Night Scythes.

Then he teleported the Warrior inside the Scythes on the reclic, behind the Ghost Ark.

He moved with his Spyders in direction of the CC, and the Rampage continued.

Then the Lord Destroyer killed my EC, before he could attack.

+ Here he got Slay the Warlord +

At the end of the turn 2, I had lost nearly 25% of my starting forces during the Turn. (without counting the Tanks in the total)

Some near the Non-Painted LRC, some on the 9men squad from the Center LRC, some from the 20men squad.

Essentially some Neophytes but also some Initiates due to their I1 against Wraith)

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/100/c/9/_wh40k__battle_rep_09_04_2014___015_by_zyth23-d7dvmkp.jpg

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/100/3/0/_wh40k__battle_rep_09_04_2014___016_by_zyth23-d7dvmr3.jpg

-3rd Turn: Templars- *No Pity! No REMORSE! NO FEAR!*

I destroyed the scarabs squad near the Non-Painted LRC during the Assault Phase, and moved my squad in direction of the bloby CC fight.

I challenged the Lord Destroyer with my Chaplain, why wouldn't I did it?

The Challenge definitly failed, he failed 2 To Hit and 2 To Wounds.

And he saved 2 attacks from my Chappy.

At the end of my Assault Phase, I had again lost 25% of my starting forces.

And only removed few scarabs, and W there and there to the Wraith. (Wraith got 3W and Scarabs got 3W too...It's insane)

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/100/0/d/_wh40k__battle_rep_09_04_2014___017_by_zyth23-d7dvmzb.jpg

-3rd Turn: Necrons- *Run with The Relic, and Keep Rampaging*

He moved the two Scythes outside of the table, because they were useless anywhere else except to annoy us accessing to the models.

He moved the Squad with the Relic backward, and the other Warrior squad between the CC and the Squad with the relic, to prevent my Crusaders to shoot them if by Miracles they killed everyone during the Assault Phase. (But that didn't happen)

We both failed all the Challenge, 0 To Hit on each side.

And at the End of his Assault Phase, I had once again lost 25% of my starting forces.

And he only lost again few W there and there on Wraith, and some W on scarabs. (few scarabs died)

*Got No Pictures of the Necron Phase, I forgot to take some. It was 23:15, I slept only 4 hours the past night and I'm abit sick too*

-4th Turn: Templars- *Did I said Defeat in Sight? Meh! No Pity! NO REMORSE! NO FEAR!*

I charged with the reste of the squad from the Non-Painted LRC into the CC.

My Chaplain saved 4/4 W during the Challenge, and the Lord Destroyer saved 1/1 W.

At the end of the Assault Phase, I had lost 15% of my starting forces.

Killed few more scarabs, removed few more W to Wraiths.

*Again no Pictures, but that was really fast*

-4st Turn: Necrons- *Final RAMPAGE*

He forgot to make the two Scythes re-enter, and forgot to move all models that could.

But it was late, and I had to go soon after, so we ended the CC and counted the Points.

He Killed my Chappy with 4 Attacks, failed to save 3/4, and as he moved again his Wraiths base-to-base of my Challenger to prevent him to hit, he couldn't attack.

I lost nearly what was still alive except 8men.

The Squad from the Center LRC had only 2 Initiates left, and they failed the Leadership test on a 6+5.

They ran 8" backward, while the 2 Initiates left from the 20men squad were rooted in the melee.

The Squad from the Non-Painted LRC were only 4 Initiates left.

The Necron lost few more W on Wraith, and lost his second Scarabs squad.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/100/1/8/_wh40k__battle_rep_09_04_2014___018_by_zyth23-d7dvn2z.jpg

-End Game Losses-

Necrons:

-6x Scarabs. (45pts)

- 6x Scarabs. (45pts)

- many W there an there on Wraith but no dead.

Total Lost: 90pts / 1'500pts

Black Templars:

- 1x LRC. (260pts)

- 1x LRC. (260pts)

- 1x Spartan Assault Tank. (295pts)

- 7men from Alpha Squad in the Center LRC. *4x Neophytes, 1x Flamer, 3x Initiates* (87pts)

- 5men from the Beta Squad in the Non-Painted LRC. *4x Neophytes, 1x Initiate* (54pts)

- 1x EC. (140pts)

- 1x Chapelain. (90pts)

- 16men from the Gamma Squad in the Spartan. *9x Initiates, 1x Flamer, 7x Neophytes* (201pts)

Total Lost: 1'387pts / 1'500pts

-TL;DR- *Also the Conclusion*

T1-BT: Move. *First Fail*

T1-NE: LRC Alpha Down, LRC Beta Down, Spartan Assault Tank Down.

T2-BT: Assault. *Second Fail on the Lord Destroyer* *Defeat already in Sight, but No Pity! No Remorse! No Fear!*

T2-NE: 25% of the starting BT forces dead. *Rampage part 1*

T3-BT: 25% of the starting BT forces dead. *Rampage part 2*

T3-NE: 25% of the starting BT forces dead. *Rampage part 3*

T4-BT: 15% of the starting BT forces dead. *Rampage part 4*

T4-NE: 9% of the starting BT forces dead. *Final Rampage*

End Game Score: 3(NE) - 0(BT)

NE Losses: 90pts / 1'500pts

BT Losses: 1'387pts / 1'500pts

Conclusion #1: ********************** Matt Wards ! ! ! !

Conslusion #2: Necrons are OP. (Scarabs and Annihilation Barges are their most powerfull units, and also their cheapest. Wraith are balanced, High Cost + High Efficience)

Conclusion #3: NO PITY! NO REMORSE! NO FEAR!

--

An entire battle force lost, once again caused by Mechanic Heretical Things.

This worth a new Crusade to be started to hunt them down. (Once again)

Even with the complete destruction of my Templars, it was a funny game, and CC is cool.

I definitly love the two LRC + big Crusader squad list, but next Time I'll bring one Pod with Flamers inside and one Predator instead of the Spartan.

The I1 effect from the Wraith would not have affected the EC, as they are in a challenge, and count as seperate from the combat.

By the Emperor, he had alot of Scarabs on the table. Those Land Raiders looked like a tasty meal to them!

You should have disembarked the Crusaders to create a screen between the Scarabs and the Raiders.

Next time Brother, next time. Perhaps return to the "Eternal Crusader" and report to the High Marshal. He has experience in facing the Necrons. My experience is limited to Daemons, Orks and Nids. tongue.pngmsn-wink.gif

The I1 effect from the Wraith would not have affected the EC, as they are in a challenge, and count as seperate from the combat.

By the Emperor, he had alot of Scarabs on the table. Those Land Raiders looked like a tasty meal to them!

You should have disembarked the Crusaders to create a screen between the Scarabs and the Raiders.

Next time Brother, next time. Perhaps return to the "Eternal Crusader" and report to the High Marshal. He has experience in facing the Necrons. My experience is limited to Daemons, Orks and Nids. tongue.pngmsn-wink.gif

I've played alot against necron, and I'm also a necron player myself. (and I just made idiot move cause i didn't slept enought XD)

The guy I faced learnt alot from me about how to play necrons, and I cannot see how to beat them in Templars. (still got the Bike and Centurions lists to test, and Pods too)

Scarab farm is a tough list. My experience with them though is Hammernators wreck their face. They aren't going to get a save, and you're going to double them out. And swarms are fearless so you can pretty much stay in combat as long as they have units. Basically throw hammernators at wraiths, spiders, scarabs. And initiates at everything else.

Also

Wraiths love being shot at by Typhoons.

Scarabs love being shot at by Assault cannons.

Barges love being shot at by Typhoons and then Assault cannons.

Their flyers are going to cap if you don't have anti air. the best you can do is a draw. =/ it sucks, but that's one of the only lists that I actually know I'll have a hard time with.

edit

While I've never faced True Scarab farm with 9 tomb spiders, I've done 6. And I'm so glad it was 4th ed codex when I was running missile spam. Not a single spider lived my turn 1 shooting. then from there it was dealing with the billion something scarabs he had on the table. So having 6 typhoons and 3 sets of double cyclone tank hunter Terminators was ideal.

Sounds like a brutal match. I have no experience fighting Necrons, but at my LGS the staff member admitted he had shelved his Necrons because his army build was so unpleasant to play against that he couldn't justify bringing it to any games... He had honour, but it makes me instinctively wary of Necrons...

Good counter to necrons (and flyers in general), is the missile based hunter.  It's pretty cheap (points cost), and the armour bane tears through their skimmers (str 7 2d6 armor pen) at normal bs, and also hits their flyers at normal bs.  You'll have to keep it out of range and in cover though.  (the tesla cannons will shred it).

Your other big anti necron forces are (redeemers), str6 ap3 will wipe entire units of scarbs and immortals, tri las preds (for knocking out their barges and wraiths), vindicators (to nail the troops that get out of flyers), ironclads (to rip wraiths and destroyer lords apart). (ironclad goes first vs lord and no mindshackle)

Necrons have big issues with av13 at range.  They have no issue with any AV at close range.  You really have to have a mixed force of ranged anti tank/anti flyer, and close range forces to deal with them effectively. 

Good counter to necrons (and flyers in general), is the missile based hunter.  It's pretty cheap (points cost), and the armour bane tears through their skimmers (str 7 2d6 armor pen) at normal bs, and also hits their flyers at normal bs.  You'll have to keep it out of range and in cover though.  (the tesla cannons will shred it).

Your other big anti necron forces are (redeemers), str6 ap3 will wipe entire units of scarbs and immortals, tri las preds (for knocking out their barges and wraiths), vindicators (to nail the troops that get out of flyers), ironclads (to rip wraiths and destroyer lords apart). (ironclad goes first vs lord and no mindshackle)

Necrons have big issues with av13 at range.  They have no issue with any AV at close range.  You really have to have a mixed force of ranged anti tank/anti flyer, and close range forces to deal with them effectively.

Redeemers cannot Snap Shots. When I face a Necron, I consider my tanks dead at the end of turn 1. (even at deployment that's what I got in mind)

And you're describe the Astra Millitarum.

Which couldbe an awesome way to bring necrons down.

You can move 12, snap shot assault cannon and potms the flame storm. Or move six, flame and snapshot assault, then potms.flame the other cannon. It is not really a big issue as generally the.bulk of a raider prevents you from firing both side sponsoons at the same target. (Whether it is hurricane bolters or flamestorms)

Archived