Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Militarum Tempestus/Astra Militarum

Supplement? Imperial Guard

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
790 replies to this topic

Tdf4638

Tdf4638

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 318 posts
The Nork Deddog mini reminds me of the Penguin from Arkham City. Except obviously a lot taller.

Dam13n

Dam13n

++ CÆLATOR ALTRICES++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,888 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Scions

Dam13n has stopped working (drooled all over his keyboard) and needs to close.

Rebooting in... 5... 4...

• cielaq and alex567 like this

SigIWArmyButton_zpsac53a61d.jpgSigIWReportsButton_zps49cb430d.jpgSigIWCodexButton_zps422fa8d1.jpgSigIWFluffButton_zps0351b222.jpg
SigSWArmyButton_zps462b2667.jpg Dark Apostle Thirst: "My favorite unit entry has to be your mother, but unfortunately she takes up all the heavy support slots."

alex567

alex567

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 351 posts
  • Chapter Name: Ultramarines

Oh my, it is clear that my pleasure sensors in my brain have just overloaded. Hold on, let me just clean up my mess.

Those are awesome! Especially the tank tread chest pieces. Oooo and the lovely hydra. Ooooohhh and the sexy Horus.

My wallet is going to combust from the rapid speed at which I remove the pitents of cash to throw at gw this month.

~alex

Ultramarines 3rd company project log

"A battle for supremacy against many foes is a battle of the best kind. There are few considerations, only those concerning where to place your next shot. It is war in its purest form."
"Every life is vital, no matter how seemingly insignificant. If we forget that, we are no better than the scum out there."

"I'm a sergeant, my lord. It's what I do."

To decimate a foe is to destroy one tenth. Go ahead decimate my force, see if I care.

Honda

Honda

++ HOSTICUS PLAUSTRUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,419 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars

I just noticed something. Were the FW versions of the Hydra turret open topped?

gallery_15184_7227_5008.jpgFearOurZeal_zps999fea6d.jpg

In Nomine Imperator - BLACK TEMPLARS

The Albigensian Crusade - Doing what the Emperor told us to do until he tells us to stop

"All those rumors about us being intolerant and stubborn really just evolved from our history. We're actually just a fun bunch of guys who enjoy burning witches" - Anon

Heru Talon

Heru Talon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,154 posts
  • Chapter Name: See sig

I just noticed something. Were the FW versions of the Hydra turret open topped?

No.

Edit: Not sure how sold I am on the Ogyrns, though they are a definite improvement over the old ones. Honestly though I was hoping for more pictures of the Scions and especially their alternate variant.

Edited by Heru Talon, 11 March 2014 - 06:23 PM.

My Chapters (Blue) & Traitors (Red):
gallery_20677_1567_12051.jpg
1st Row: Falcon Knights, Darkwatch, Silver Scorpions, Phantom Hounds, Onyx Warlords, Wicked Gods, Wolves of Horus, The Blight, The Bloodborn
2nd Row: Iron Raptors, Immortals, Imperial Monarchs, Starbreakers, The Legion, Blood Kings, Black Wasps, Black Oracles, Knights of Excess
- An Outlander's tale - IG, I, SM, IK - WIP thread -

WarriorFish

WarriorFish

++ PRÆFECT SOCIORUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,478 posts
  • Chapter Name: Hunter Legion

Rumours holding up well, so the remaining 5th kit must be the big transport then?

Ogryns look quite good, but I'm withholding final judgement until I see a bit more. Hydra looks nice though I'm not sure if I'm sold on the open top yet. Looks like it might be a good basis for conversions too perhaps, I'm thinking of my missing Griffon kit...

gallery_30308_9518_5480.pnggallery_29004_6198_4761.pnggallery_30308_9518_3604.pngImg_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013B.gif
Painting Oaths Completed:
gallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_84.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gif

In the grim predictability of online 40k, there can be only Sun Tzu quotes

gallery_30308_9518_4236.png

Seahawk

Seahawk

++ OSSIFRAGUS PRAECURSORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,814 posts
  • Chapter Name: Ultramarines

Looks like a wrist-mounted rocket launcher. LOL

Also, LOVE the Hydra. Open-topped is straight from the pages of WWII AA turrets.

Tactica: Legion of the Damned; thoughts, tactics, and strategies for the intrepid explorer of rarely-seen units.

Fluff: Naval Operations of Ultramar. Also includes all known named ships for all chapters, as well as ship sizes and assorted information.

Personal: The Unstable Dice Podcast. I'm a host, you're a listener.

emot-purge1.gif

Marshal Sampson of Terra

Marshal Sampson of Terra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,380 posts
  • Chapter Name: Crimson Lords

I guess I'm alone in thinking they just look... okay? The ogryns look a little baby-faced to me and I've always preferred them more as slabs of meat and rage. Still, I don't want to take away from anyone's enthusiasm as plastic ogryns are long overdue. 

TJWyrm

TJWyrm

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,049 posts

Also, LOVE the Hydra. Open-topped is straight from the pages of WWII AA turrets.

*blinks* anyone wants to bet that it's a pnumatic door breaching tool turned into a ogryn weapon? 

• Kierdale and TheForgottenAngel like this

As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn,

The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!

There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. -anon

ETL_2014_Banner_V2_02_Oath_Breaker.jpg

Spoiler

6th/7th ed CSM Record 10-4-1 W-L-D

6th ed SM (White Scars ) record 8-1-2 W-L-D

Brother Stobz

Brother Stobz

++ VILICUS PISCARIAM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,661 posts
  • Chapter Name: Dark Angels

I too prefer the look of the old ones (I'm not talking about the current ones, I mean the old ones), the armour and shields on these makes them better gamewise though. That did need fixing.

Edited by Stobz, 11 March 2014 - 07:34 PM.

gallery_33968_5962_11035.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2012D.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2012C.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012A.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013A.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013B.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_05f_PtR_2012.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013A.gifETL_2014_Banner_V2_03A_Custos_Fidei_zpsdPtR_Black_Pearl_Badge____Shield.jpgBellum_Aeternus_02_Titanis_Belli_Badge_0
'Belial' by Michael Stobz'z DAngles

Battle-Brother Ludovic

Battle-Brother Ludovic

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,256 posts
Ugh. From what I can see, the Ogryns are a let-down, but I guess only time, another paintjob and having them in hand will tell if they really are thay bad.

Love the Hydra, about time the IG got a plastic one.

Also, Horus :wub:

=][=    =][=     =][=

Looking for a something somewhat different from the oh-too-common Adeptus Astartes, their traitorous cousins from the Eye or the billions of Guardsmen who blindly serve the Throne? Why not check out the Inquisition sub-forum? People peering over your shoulder or trying to steal your documents with a single-minded determination that would shame even the great Primarchs will become one of those daily things that you won't even notice after a while...

=][=     =][=     =][=

"Dear diary - yesterday I toasted close to 1000 Heretics at the stake and something around 500 others that may or may not have been Heretical but I toasted them anyway just to be sure. Must remember to get milk and more Exterminatus munitions on the way home"

jeremy1391

jeremy1391

++ LIBRITOR VALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,153 posts
  • Chapter Name: Consecrators/imperial fists
I really hope that the Ogryns are finally good. Those shields and wrist launcher thingies look cool.

I wonder what Nork's stats will look like... Probably also will have something like tyrant guard in auto pass LOS for whoever he is guarding and some form of auto heroic intervention I'd imagine.

ChromeZephyr

ChromeZephyr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 286 posts
  • Chapter Name: Sons of Tenere
    Word Bearers

Big old "meh" from me.  Curious as to how difficult making the Hydra turret closed will be, trying to shoot down supersonic craft without machine support just seems sillier than 40k normally is.

QUOTE (Marshal2 Crusaders @ Mar 30 2012, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Right now I feel like I've been blindfolded, thrown in the back of a pedo-van, and Im not gonna like what happens when we stop.

SteelPaladin

SteelPaladin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 387 posts
  • Chapter Name: Steel Paladins

I was really hoping that they would fix the Ogryns heads this time around...

So it goes.

Steel Paladins- Iron Hands Successors
The Purge- Nurgle Warband

Post Isstvan Sons of Horus

depthcharge12

depthcharge12

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,544 posts
  • Chapter Name: Heresy Dark Angels
When anyone looks at those breachers Ogryns, do you think of MegaMan? :P

Hydra is ok/cool, Ogryns don't look as good as the older ones IMHO, and everything else is meh
"He would be; nothing evil ever perishes,
The gods somehow give them most excellent care,
They find their pleasure turning them back from Hades
the villains and the tricksters, but the just and good
they are always sending them out of this world."
-Philoctetes

"The measure of a man is what he does with power"
-Plato

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,986 posts
  • Chapter Name: Sentinels

Has anyone thought of using the scion models as scouts? Any idea of the scale of those guys?

I certainly did!

Arms and legs from these guys plus Pig Iron heads and I've got my new Scouts.

The Sentinels
Chapter Command ([1]), Throne Company, Grail Company ([1], [2], [3]), Lance Company, Sword Company ([1], [2]), Dagger Company, Shield Company, Sigil Company, Tome Company, Storm Company, Shadow Company.

Current projects: +Vigilant Saviours+

Battle-Brother Ludovic

Battle-Brother Ludovic

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,256 posts

For those who may not be able to see the pictures linked further up...

...Hydra:

gallery_45765_8708_44904.jpg

Ogryns:

med_gallery_45765_8708_30608.jpgmed_gallery_45765_8708_11902.jpg

med_gallery_45765_8708_6712.jpgmed_gallery_45765_8708_59316.jpg

Nork:

med_gallery_45765_8708_57541.jpg

• Firepower, Olisredan and Cpt Uriel Ventris like this

=][=    =][=     =][=

Looking for a something somewhat different from the oh-too-common Adeptus Astartes, their traitorous cousins from the Eye or the billions of Guardsmen who blindly serve the Throne? Why not check out the Inquisition sub-forum? People peering over your shoulder or trying to steal your documents with a single-minded determination that would shame even the great Primarchs will become one of those daily things that you won't even notice after a while...

=][=     =][=     =][=

"Dear diary - yesterday I toasted close to 1000 Heretics at the stake and something around 500 others that may or may not have been Heretical but I toasted them anyway just to be sure. Must remember to get milk and more Exterminatus munitions on the way home"

Onisuzume

Onisuzume

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,414 posts
  • Chapter Name: Angels of Destruction.

Rumours holding up well, so the remaining 5th kit must be the big transport then?

Ogryns look quite good, but I'm withholding final judgement until I see a bit more. Hydra looks nice though I'm not sure if I'm sold on the open top yet. Looks like it might be a good basis for conversions too perhaps, I'm thinking of my missing Griffon kit...

Griffon/Medusa kit, perhaps?
Would definitely be nice.
Legio Angelis Tenebrae ex Vastatio: The Angels of Destruction
The heretic shall reap as he has sown - the bitter harvest of vengeance and death!
My Warhammer 40,000 oldschool game music playlist.

Brother Tyrax

Brother Tyrax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,306 posts
  • Chapter Name: Marines Malevolent

I like the Ogryns, got a very pugilist bully boy feel. 

Dono1979

Dono1979

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,486 posts
  • Chapter Name: Kildrech Crusade

Not a fan of the Ogryns at all, way too comical/cartoony style similar to the ork aesthetics. The Hydra looks interesting

Kildrech Crusade - 32,000 pts

- 40K Black Templar Siege Assault

- 30K 1st Company Imperial Fists Legion

(Marine modeling diary 98% who am I kidding, this will never end.....)

Coming soon - worldwide 30K army tracking website - currently in Beta testing

www.aus30k.com

Nusquam

Nusquam

++ OBSCURITAS IMMISERICORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 862 posts
  • Chapter Name: Raven Guard

Anyone got any ideas on wheel conversions? Scale rc wheels might work? http://www.losi.com/...erm=110_Terrain ?

The other version in the kit may have wheels. Who knows...

*blinks* anyone wants to bet that it's a pnumatic door breaching tool turned into a ogryn weapon? 

I think you may just be right... Source of low AP attacks?

gallery_72456_9271_814.jpg

Blog Feed: "Issodon and Raptor Devastators WIP" - Sept 8, 2014

Fibonacci

Fibonacci

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,700 posts

trying to shoot down supersonic craft without machine support just seems sillier than 40k normally is.

Since supersonic craft are traveling at 6 times the speed of a normal human I don't see hitting them as being the silly part :P

Olisredan

Olisredan

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 8,556 posts

I like the Ogryns, got a very pugilist bully boy feel. 

I concur. They look like bruisers, ready to go ten rounds for money, beer or even a laugh. At least they FINALLY don't look like out-of-place Fantasy Ogres (my one true gripe with older styles of the Ogryns, Nork excepted). 

• Brother Tyrax and Cormac Airt like this
Fbm7BxJ.jpg

Cowriter of the Guilliman Heresy Project. First Thread. Second Thread.

My multi-choice story thread. Watch this space.

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards

Marshal2 Crusaders

Marshal2 Crusaders

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + ADEPTUS DOMUS +
  • 9,317 posts
  • Chapter Name: VII Legion

Ogryns and ratlings have always been a BS part of the setting. They should've been some kind of gene bred auxilia meant to tackle heavier xenoforms during the Dark Age of Technology or military versions of the gene bred workers from Blood Games and the Imperium can only ever field a few million of them because of the process.

But this is the GW design studio. Instead of a moderately plausible scientific explanation, we get cartoon characters with stupid looking guns.

Well done, GW. 

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,624 posts
  • Chapter Name: deathspectres,Hammers of Dorn

Like The Ogryns with a better paint job they would look better. Good to see the Meatsacks getting some AA.

http://www.bolterand...-deathspectres/

gallery_48988_6285_1098.jpggallery_48988_6285_1641.jpgFbm7BxJ.jpg                       ETL_Banner_01_Base_Top.jpg   gallery_70393_10089_14134.png

ETL_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_2013e.jpg ETL_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_2014d.jpg     

destroyed the ship killed the crew..... destroyed the ship killed the crew                                  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Supplement?, Imperial Guard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users