Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Carcharodons 1000 pts

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

Trysanna

Trysanna

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 821 posts

Hey folks,

I am really moving forward with my Carcharodons, and I am getting a list together. Problem is, I have yet to play a game of 6th edition, and have been out of the game for a while. As such, I'm unsure what units work well together, and what options to take for some units. At the moment, I have this for my army.

I am of course using the Carcharodons Chapter Tactics from Forge World.

HQ

Chaplain with Jump Pack
105 pts

Elites

Contemptor Dreadnought
Assault Cannon and Heavy Flamer
200 pts

Troops

Tactical Squad

10 Marines, Flamer. Heavy Bolter and a Vet Sgt. 

165 pts

Tactical Squad

10 Marines, Vet Sgt, Flamer. Power Sword, Plasma Pistol, Teleport Homer, and 4 additional CC weapons. 

199 pts

Fast Attack

Assault Squad
Flamer and Power Fist

115 pts

This leaves me (If my math is correct) with 216 points to spare. I would like to include a Stormraven, a Contemptor, and some Scouts with a Land Speeder Storm. I'm not sure what options would work best, so I ask you, the B&C, for some help! 

-Tarvik

Edited by Tarvik, 18 March 2014 - 12:58 AM.

NomadPainting

NomadPainting

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,853 posts

I'd say drop the Storm Raven idea and use the point-age to give transports to your foot sloggers and Contemptor. Sniper Scouts with cloaks infiltrated would be handy to free up the Storm points too, give you a bit more flexibility with war-gear on the Dreadnought. 

I simply say drop the Raven because unless you plan on sticking a tac-squad and the Contemptor in it, it's a sink leaving your blokes without mobility. If I ever take a Raven, its packed full of graviton Centurions. 

++ Vis Sanctimonia ++

Trysanna

Trysanna

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 821 posts

I'd say drop the Storm Raven idea and use the point-age to give transports to your foot sloggers and Contemptor. Sniper Scouts with cloaks infiltrated would be handy to free up the Storm points too, give you a bit more flexibility with war-gear on the Dreadnought. 

I simply say drop the Raven because unless you plan on sticking a tac-squad and the Contemptor in it, it's a sink leaving your blokes without mobility. If I ever take a Raven, its packed full of graviton Centurions. 

I was thinking of taking the Raven, and use it to move one squad around and provide fire support. I have 2 unbuilt Drop Pods I would like to add to the list, but only if they are worth it. As for the Contemptor, I would love to have one move up with my Tac Squad. Any load out recommendations based on what I am fielding already?

-Tarvik

Paulochromis

Paulochromis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,544 posts

Split your first tact squad into 2x5 (special+combi) in pods and add the storm for a decent alpha strike.

If you add locator beacons, you can even deep strike the chaplain & assault squad (need a couple more marine in this squad, I feel) as follow-up.

A Rhino for the 10-man is worth considering, or even a Razorback to permit combat-squadding (serge & extra CCs head upfield, remainder stay back - move the HB here)

Not sure on costing on contemptor, so don't think you'll be able to afford both the dread AND the raven. But you do need long range/anti-air fire support, so pick one.

War will never cease until babies begin to come into the world with larger cerebrums and smaller adrenal glands. -H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)
It's not the genius who is 100 years ahead of his time but average man who is 100 years behind it. -Robert Musil (1880-1942)
People of small caliber like to sit on high horses. -Magdalena Samozwaniec (1894-1972)

2013 LPC

Trysanna

Trysanna

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 821 posts

So I've been working on my list a bit, and I have decided to add the Contemptor Dreadnought. I've given it the Assault Cannon to give it some punch. My plan is to have him move up with the ranged squad, and act as more support. He also has a heavy flamer because I want him to get stuck in when he needs to. 

Contemptor Dreadnought

Assault Cannon and Heavy Flamer

200 pts

216 points remain! The Raven could fill this, but I would only be able to give it minimal upgrades. My other option is a Scout Squad with a Land Speeder Storm. 

Critics welcome!

-Tarvik

Metic

Metic

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 906 posts

Transports are very important, I would invest in Rhino's. Even as BT with 20 man foot sloggers available and crusader we tend to shy away from running on foot. It gets your marines killed very fast. and nothing is more depressing than setting out 20 dudes and then picking them all up after 1 large blast that could have been avoided by a 35 point metal box.

Trysanna

Trysanna

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 821 posts

Would a Raven or Drop Pods be an acceptable substitute for Rhinos? I'm reluctant to use them, as my army is Art Scale. If they really are worth it, then I'll just bite the bullet.

-Tarvik

Edited by Tarvik, 19 March 2014 - 03:27 AM.