10 man tactical, sarg w/ articifer armour

1 rapier laser destroyer

Contemptor Mortis w/ dual kheres A/C

Sicarian battle tank w/ lascannons

Scorpius whirlwind

1000 pts on the noes

What do you guys think?

Hello!  Welcome to the HH!

I think you've got a hell of a lot of armor for 1k points, but not much in terms of troops.  You've also got quite a lot of anti-armor, probably more than you need.  I think the only thing you're really gaining from using the RoW here is free autosimulacra on your vehicles.  Your Praetor is a good number of points spent on a guy who can't run and has no real ranged options.  He's basically only going to get into melee if your opponent wants him to.  Otherwise, he will have real difficulty actually getting there.  So his purpose is just bringing a RoW that isn't giving you a whole lot of benefits.  I think you would be better off with a Centurion or a Consul that buffs your army in other ways, and pay for the Blessed Autosimulacra if you want them.

I think you should drop the Praetor and Rapier Lasdestroyer, buff up your tactical squads, and reconsider your HQ:

Contemptor-Mortis
-Dual Kheres

Tactical Squad
-15 members, Legion Vexilla, Sergeant with Artificer Armor, Power Axe, Bolt Pistol, Meltabomb

Tactical Squad
-15 members, Legion Vexilla, Sergeant with Artificer Armor, Power Axe, Bolt Pistol, Meltabomb

Sicaran Battle Tank
-Lascannon Sponsons

Whirlwind Scorpius

Now, with the remaining 80 points, you have a couple options.  One is just bring a Centurion with 30 points of wargear.  The other option is Spearhead-Centurion Castrmen Orth.  I don't know if you have considered this special character, but I think you like tanks.  And Castrmen Orth likes tanks.  He would like to be commanding your Sicaran, giving it BS5 and Tank Hunters, and generally giving the enemy a bad day.  He would do this for the low, low price of 80 points.  I think that you and him could be friends.

That's an amazing list, kitwulfen.  I haven't gotten anywhere near that well-rounded a list at such a low points level.  I feel like it's also nicely Iron Hands-themed with 3 armored units at 1000 points and an IH special character.  It would also expand well into higher points levels, especially if you magnetize the Contemptor.

• 1 month later...

I hadn't noticed before, but Kitwulfen's Tactical Squads are mis-calculated. They should be 235 points each... making the list 1020. Gotta shave 20 points somewhere... list of possibilities:

-2x Vexilla

-2x Power Weapon

-2x Artificer Armour

-Lascannon Sponsons, +Heavy Bolter Sponsons

-Contemptor Mortis, +Regular Mortis with Lascannons (5 points spare... swap Whirlwind for Vindicator?)

Or drop 1 tactical marine from each squad, which is probably the direction I would go.  Sorry for the miscalculation, I must've forgotten to account for the cost of the AA or Vexillas or something.  Really glad to hear the list is working out for you, though, still looking forward to those pics!

Archived