...but blood - blood is forever

poom

Thank you very much!

Wonderful poom and the raven guard is having a serious bad day. have you painted gore child as well the cleaver looks great . Really inspirational stuff keep them coming

Not jet, I totally forgot about it confused.gif Will have to paint it some time later.

Kharne looks awesome! I'm quite fond of the base you did too. How did you paint the sand?
-Tarvik

Basecolor is Khemri Brown drybrushed very slightly with Bleached Bone and washed with very thinned down Khemri Brown.

I then added Pigments from MIG, Dry Mud followed by Light European Earth. I applyed them dry directly from the pot. I then sealed them with Purity Seal spray.

Started a new mini projekt... the Triarii.

They are the finesed shipboard warriors the World Eaters can offer. They excelled in void warfare and boarding actions and were led by the pit champion Delvarus.

For now I start with a tactical squad, later Delvarus and some heavy armored plasmagunner will follow.

They will all wear mk3 Armor, with the extra frontplates they will be perfectly suited for the smal corridors on ships and spcestations. Also they all will wear a helmet, for obvios reasons wink.png Also I am thinking to mix in some backpacks from the Chaos Space Marines like this fella has:

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp282/PoomW/Triarii01_04.jpg~original

Better movability in zero gravity is allways a good thing when you are fighting on a ship in the middel of a big naval fight.

This is the testmodel I made:

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp282/PoomW/Triarii01_02.jpg~original

I will mix in some Iron Hands parts, for a little more diversion.

The backpack got some little more modern looking thrusters, like Darth Patato did befor.

The rest of the squad still looks like this..

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp282/PoomW/Triari01_01.jpg~original

I am not going to do breacher squads, even if they would fit very good to shipboard marines, I just don't like the idea of World Eaters hiding behind big shields..

i'm probally gonna ask a very dumb question that has been asked MANY times before, but I'm a idiot so can't find anything on the internets...

How do you paint your world eaters??? What colors do you use for the white and the blue???

Would LOVE to know!!!

Edit: just looked around a bit more on the tread: I'm a dumbass... it was on page 4...wallbash.gif

Your models are looking great BTW!!!! You're inspiring me greatly!!!! Hmmmm... maybe I should leave the 15th legion and start some world eaters???

Cheers!

i'm probally gonna ask a very dumb question that has been asked MANY times before, but I'm a idiot so can't find anything on the internets...

How do you paint your world eaters??? What colors do you use for the white and the blue???

Would LOVE to know!!!

Edit: just looked around a bit more on the tread: I'm a dumbass... it was on page 4...wallbash.gif

Your models are looking great BTW!!!! You're inspiring me greatly!!!! Hmmmm... maybe I should leave the 15th legion and start some world eaters???

I paint the blue exactly like the white, as color I use Ultramarines Blue.

Ohhhh, I can't wait to see your take on Delvarus!

Nice posing on the first Triarius.

Delvarus.. not sure jet how to do him. Aaron does describe him pretty good in Betrayer, a little too good for my taste wink.png Getting every detail right will be realy tough. So he might get a little more from my personal tuch..

World Eaters do not hide behind the boarding shields - they smack people in the face with them!

Haha you are propably right!

The first 10 Tirarii are build:

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp282/PoomW/Triarii01_05.jpg

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp282/PoomW/Triarii01_09.jpg

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp282/PoomW/Triarii01_08.jpg

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp282/PoomW/Triarii01_07-1.jpg

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp282/PoomW/Triarii01_06.jpg

Impressive Triarii Poom

It does inspire a brutal look using mk3 for them..

nice mix of iron hands parts to individualise the unit.

Not to keen on the bionic leg marine but ho hum..to be honest I just not to keen on that set of legs in general.

Totally agree about not using boarding shields for them.somehow it wouldnt seem right.

Look forward to seeing more.

not sure why everyone seems against world eaters using shields. they were just like most other legions with their gear they just got carried away after a bit..

I guess you could sell me the Breachers with shields, when converted into more dynamic poses and meele weapons instead of bolters. In my opinion it needs to carry the feel like: I'll smash this spiky, big ass shield in your face, rip you open and then I will decorate it with your innards!

The Breachers out of the box look like if they where hiding behind the shield while shooting the bolter throu a little hole..

I guess you could sell me the Breachers with shields, when converted into more dynamic poses and meele weapons instead of bolters. In my opinion it needs to carry the feel like: I'll smash this spiky, big ass shield in your face, rip you open and then I will decorate it with your innards!

The Breachers out of the box look like if they where hiding behind the shield while shooting the bolter throu a little hole..

Have you considered bolter breachers with chain bayonets on the guns? Stick the bayonet in the slot, and turn it into a table saw for whatever was unfortunate enough to charge their unit.  Would give you an opportunity to paint some rather...chunky giblets and splatter on the shields and make them properly World Eater themed. 

I'm a fan of the no shields I just don't see the eaters of worlds using them or ditching them after breaching when the nails start humming smile.png. But each to there own smile.png

But what "the chaplain" already said, just make a saw table of them! That IS ver fluffy for WE! They seem to like weird and fantastically brutish weapons, so chainsaw shields would actually really fit!

Suitably aggressive looking! Really diggin' the back packs. Really looking forward to seeing them all painted up, along with Delvarus when you get around to him. 

-Tarvik

Have you considered bolter breachers with chain bayonets on the guns? Stick the bayonet in the slot, and turn it into a table saw for whatever was unfortunate enough to charge their unit.  Would give you an opportunity to paint some rather...chunky giblets and splatter on the shields and make them properly World Eater themed. 

I'm doing this exact thing for my Breachers actually.  I have a few marines in various stages of completion that I could post a pic of if you would like to see how they look Poom.  I could pm the pics to you as well so as not to hijack your thread, just let me know.

Mikhail, please post them here, I am very curious how they look like.

You guys realy make me reconsider the breacher, thank you so much for the input!

Because the unit realy fits the Triarii perfectly. They have hardend armour, can have las cutter and melta weapons for opening seald hatches and doors and the sergeant can even take some explosives to breach a ships hull. Its just the shields in this very defensiv pose, the orignal models have, thats bugging me..

I guess with the next FW order I will get some to play around. Maybe change the shields to some a little smaler meele orientated... more like the roman gladiators had.

Poom: How do you represent the ember queen in a game? What rules do you use for the big harpoon thigie???

I was thinking to play the ursus claw with the rules from the Lifta-droppa of the Big Mek Stompa. And when relocating the target vehicle I put it in directen towards the titan.

Archived