You know you're an Imperial Guardsman when...

librisrouge

Never be first, never be last, and never volunteer for anything.

If the enemy is in range, so are you.

The easy way is always mined.

Make it too hard for the enemy to get in, and you can't get out.

If the attack is going well, you're walking into an ambush...

• 3 weeks later...

Totally had my first Catachan moment yesterday.

New strimmer, out in the garden, shirt off (because manly), hacking away at the footlong grass (yes I know, but it's new and we wanted it to "take"). So there I am, full on two-handed pose sweeping from left to right, imagining I'm holding a heavy flamer/chainsaw and going through the undergrowth.

Glorious.

• 4 months later...

Wow, been a long time. I clearly need to play more so I have more to add.

"...when the Ravenwing player starts bragging and you neglect to inform him that basilisk platforms can accept the Fire on my Command order."

"...when the opponent starts talking about how hard their spartan will be to kill and you calmly place two manticores on the table, unconcerned."

"...when everybody loses it over the new Tau deathstarsupersuitstm and you just realize that that'll mean painting a couple hundred more men."

When you and millions of others fight constantly to keep a grip and a footing on a planet for years and years of brutal war.

And just when you about to do that last push. Putting the final nail in the enamys coffin! Following the thousands and thousands of your fellow kinsmen into no mans land... To almost certain death!

And because fifty to one hundreds power armour clad steroid boosted marines join you... They take the glory... Not you!..

That's when you know your in the guard!

Archived