You know you're a Sister of Battle player when...

...When you're scared of the new plastic models because they aren't as durable as metal ones.

And because they're not as good at dreadsocking.

Maybe one of us should chain a couple penitent engines to their arms (penifagellation) :P

...When you're scared of the new plastic models because they aren't as durable as metal ones.

And because they're not as good at dreadsocking.

Maybe one of us should chain a couple penitent engines to their arms (penifagellation) :tongue.:

Haven't got any, so I'll leave that to you. :tongue.:

Is it wrong of me to want the Holy Trinity to expand to include Volkite weapons? I mean, it's a beam that sets people on fire, how better to ensure that not only does the filthy psyker burn, but also their friends?

That it would allow me to justify buying and painting a Legion Glaive in the colors of my Order has nothing to do with this.

Sadly the folk ite weapon was lost during the heresy as modern marines don't even use it anymore. That being said, it would be nice if they expanded the weapons of the sisters more. Plasma weaponry besides pistols would be nice, since how much more fire can you create then using a weapon that fires a blast with the intensity of a star. Also, they could totally bring in other types of bolsters, like mega bolters like the dark angels flyer has access to, large thermal cannons for a proper battle tank. There are some other options that wouldn't completely break the tradition of bolters and flame.

Since on this topic, I had thought of a phrase for the hay trinity of weapons.

Bolters, bringing faith to the faithless one shell at a time.

Meltas, bringing the light of the emperor to the hearts of men and machines.

Flamers, purging the souls of the mutant and the heretic.

And to bring this back on topic.

You know your a sister player when you step out side on a cold morning and wish you had a hand flamer to warm up the surrounding area.

Hey expanding it within the realm of the same weapon types doesn't break the trinity, a thermal cannon is a melta weapon, and a mega bolters is still a bolter. Plasma already exists in the army, though pistol only, but it already breaks it. I would just like to see bigger and longer range versions to give sisters more options, and a bigger armory. Plus let's face it, a battle tank with a giant 36" range thermal cannon turret and mega bolter sponsons or the redeemer flamer the marines have access to would make for a nice battle tank. Large blast melta weapons. Yes please! Power armor melting purging flames. Yes please! sisters scaring titans and other large heresy machines would be great without having to take a Titan or knight ourselves.

You know your a sister player when you speculate heresy within your own ranks/family/friends.

Hey expanding it within the realm of the same weapon types doesn't break the trinity, a thermal cannon is a melta weapon, and a mega bolters is still a bolter. Plasma already exists in the army, though pistol only, but it already breaks it. I would just like to see bigger and longer range versions to give sisters more options, and a bigger armory. Plus let's face it, a battle tank with a giant 36" range thermal cannon turret and mega bolter sponsons or the redeemer flamer the marines have access to would make for a nice battle tank. Large blast melta weapons. Yes please! Power armor melting purging flames. Yes please! sisters scaring titans and other large heresy machines would be great without having to take a Titan or knight ourselves.

You know your a sister player when you speculate heresy within your own ranks/family/friends.

Nah, plasma is a melta/flame weapon. It's just a longer range one, that causes combustion on impact instead.

Nah, plasma is a melta/flame weapon. It's just a longer range one, that causes combustion on impact instead.

I would still be pissed if we got more plasma weapons. I let the pistol slide since they are fun :tongue.:

A Sisters tank with a Vulkan Mega Bolter and some kind of melta sponsons though . . . yes. I think I would like that a lot.

Edited by Servant of Dante

YKYASOBP when ... you've previously attempted to rationalise missile launchers under the premise that they could be stocked with Melta-Missiles and thus kind of adhere to the tenets of the trinity.

Also, the exorcist launcher is neither nor of the trinity so it's not like it's that super strict a canon. Also, when the Sisters superior were sculpted melta-pistols were still a wargear card and hand flamers were so ludicrously short ranged as to be all but totally useless as a pistol. Your viable option was bolt or plasma. (or las or auto, but who are we kidding?)

YKYASOBP when ... you've previously attempted to rationalise missile launchers under the premise that they could be stocked with Melta-Missiles and thus kind of adhere to the tenets of the trinity.

Also, the exorcist launcher is neither nor of the trinity so it's not like it's that super strict a canon. Also, when the Sisters superior were sculpted melta-pistols were still a wargear card and hand flamers were so ludicrously short ranged as to be all but totally useless as a pistol. Your viable option was bolt or plasma. (or las or auto, but who are we kidding?)

Sure, but the closer we can stay to the trinity the better, imo. Especially with the Special and Heavy Weapons lists. Flame, Bolt, Melta. I suppose I have to give the Exorcist a pass :P It is my favorite model! But yeah, I don't want to see anything that is not strictly trinity (so no plasma or missile launchers) in the special or heavy weapons lists or as options in units (The pistol options for characters are ok I think).

Don't exorcist missiles have a melta warhead?

...And staying on topic...

You know you are a sisters of battle player when you try to rationalize fictional weapons so that your toy soldiers don't break tenants of their faith! :tongue.:

Edited by robofish7591

You know you're a Sister of Battle when a Tech-Priest simply sighs and says, "Give me a few days to acquire and assemble the necessary components," instead of throwing a fit and shouting, "Such mechanical mongrelry is technological heresy of the highest order!" when you ask him to incorporate the Holy Trinity of weapons in all your weapons- the heavy bolter with the under-barrel flamer and the over-barrel meltagun, the heavy flamer with the under-barrel boltgun and the over-barrel meltagun, the multi-melta with the under-barrel flamer and the over-barrel boltgun, the two-handed power sword whose grip incorporates a bolt pistol AND a hand flamer AND an Infernus pistol (which is really heavy, but you're willing to bear it nonetheless), the...

Maybe you could ask your Witch Hunter friends to use their Inquisitorial connections to see if the Deathwatch could lend you a few of their Infernus Heavy Bolters if you threaten them with immolation ask nicely?

Is that Praxes* from Chapter Approved codex?

*I know I am butchering her name but I want to see if I remember before looking it up :smile.:

It is the image of Saint Praxedes of Ophelia VII, Canoness of the Order of Our Martyred Lady and Martyr of Okassis (well, that last one isn't an official title, but she did fight on Okaasis) from the 2E codex! Very good! :tongue.:

and the image may well have been used in the 3E chapter approved as well

. . . if you can name her mace :tongue.:

Edit: I mispelled Okassis. Shame on me.

It was ... Mace of Vengeance, I think.  She crushed a Hive Tyrant's skull at the same that that it killed her if I am remembering the right person.  She also had the personality of a burned out truck stop waitress that would scare hardened biker thugs.

Yes! The Sceptre of Vengeance! :biggrin.: Only, in the 2E fluff she flat out kills the Hive Tyrant then pushes further into the 'nid hoard. Her death was a retcon. I Hold to the original fluff, in this case. So she's MIA on Okassis in the middle of a bunch of 'nids as far as I'm concerned (they lost contact with her army as they evacuated, she held off the nids and broke their coordination to let others escape).

Edit: Sceptre of Vengance though, not the Mace of Vengeance :P

... I think this topic has either reached a new high or a new low :laugh.:

As for me? You know you're a Sisters of Battle player when you return many years later to fulfil an oath you made to the Golden Throne :wink:

Sorry . . .

Fifteen years?  Pfft!  Kids nowadays.  I bought my first Sisters of Battle back in 2nd Ed., just after they first came out.

Also:  You know you're an (old) Sisters of Battle player when you can truthfully say you bought your first SoB figs before a lot of the other players were even alive. :wink.:

Edited by Willy Pete

You know you're an (old) Sisters of Battle player when you can truthfully say you bought your first SoB figs before a lot of the other players were even alive. :wink.:

I call that an unfair advantage, which is why I don't bring it up :tongue.: Feel free to complain about the whipper snapper novitiates burning your front lawn though, that one is earned fair and square :laugh.: