You know you're a Sister of Battle player when...

When the people who you play with don't wonder if you will bring heavy flamers, they just wonder how many you will bring!

When the ork players try long range shooting so they will not get burned!

Enjoying having armor 13 on the front of your APCs! Oh so very nice!

-when you claim that "the emperor protects" for nearly every lucky happening in your life

-when you reffer to most close combats as slap fighting

-when you get super jealous of supplements in paper copy\

-when the narrowing of your eyes and a twitch in your bolter finger is your response to most conversations that last more than 30 seconds

....you've made a point to explain how your army could be used to ward of muggers.

....when people complain about hard to build models you laugh and show them the Exorcist. And then Penitent Engine.

....when you knock one of your larger models off the table you're less worried if it broke and more if the floor did.

....you considering your army's lack of overall range, as well as blast templates a suitable handicap to offset how cool the army itself is.

....you point out that considering the age of the models and when they were released that they're almost the best model range in 40k, if it wasn't for the Diagolus that is.

....you have called people heretics for daring to utter the claim that the army will suffer the fate of the Squats.

....you have shown undying faith in the army getting it's proper update in due time.

....you've written letters to GW detailing problems with the number of Sisters depicted in the fluff and give a better estimate of how many Sisters there -should- be.

....you've written codex feedback and sent it to GW in hopes that they might take some of the ideas into consideration.

I'm guilty of all of these save for knocking my models off the table. Though one of my Exorcists got dropped by someone looking at it and the while the organ came off my greater concern was for the table than the model itself.

Okay, I'll bite. How does one pronounce "EM-purr-rurr!" ?

:sweat:

In the videogames I've noticed at times they hit it like "EMprah" which kind of makes me twitch.

I do invoke the Big E's name multiple times in any given game. Usually when I roll dice.

"For the Emperor!"

"In the Emperor's name!"

"By my fury shall you know the Emperor's name!" (rolls all 1s) "...Next time!"

"The Emperor protects!"

++ EDIT. "video"games t++

Edited by thade

I think a lot can be traced back to the computer games. To Guardsmen it is "em-prah" and Marines like to bellow "em-per-roar".

I invoke the Emperor's name a lot, it's already gone through several permutations over the years thanks to mixing with the Internet... If something goes well or there's a stroke of luck someone might say "Tiny Emprah is pleased". It's probably gone way past the point of no return/making sense :laugh.:

Out here it is pronounced IMP-rur

Which brings up my new annoyance ....

I noticed this first in some British English speakers some time ago, then it became very common for Canadians a few years ago and now with most yankees too.

When a word ends in "a" it is pronounced "er".  When a word ends in "r", they add an "a".

Data becomes dater.

And as noted, emperor becomes empra.

From someone who has an accent that sounds just like Billy Bob Thorton let me say "stop it."  It makes you sound uneducated. :lol:

I noticed this first in some British English speakers some time ago, then it became very common for Canadians a few years ago and now with most yankees too.

When a word ends in "a" it is pronounced "er".  When a word ends in "r", they add an "a".

As a Yankee I admit I'm confused. I've never heard "DAY-tah" pronounced any way other than the right way or the wrong way ("DAH-TAH"). I suppose I can allow various pronunciations of the Emperor's most Holy Title. I mean, at least it means you're thinking of him, which is better than not.

*grip on chainsword tightens*

I usually just call her 'love'. >> (my other half's name shortens to Em. It's funny, see?)

Em-pér-or. Imperator Dei!

Data is Data. Day-tah. Not 'datta' like I've heard some yanks say.

When you notice that you don't have enough heavy flamer models then realize you have four old school metal immolators and are able to covert four new heavy Flamer models using the right handed Flamer.

When you can kit bash on all your tanks using OOP metal immolators, foreword immolators/exorsists and GW immolators/Exorsists.

When you wish you weren't such a fluff freak because your chosen army can't use the 30+ seraphim models in your Order of the Bloody Rose Army.

Hey Fib, don't forget the classic, wash is warsh. I also say it like you put it.

And then, you know when someone says sister and you atomatically think about your army and ask how long they've been playin'  them.