You know you're a Sister of Battle player when...

Ya know, deep in the days of yore it was possible to roll a combi-gun with more than one secondary. This object already exists in the deep dark recesses of the background. This is also something I'd include if I was writing the next codex, a two handed bolter that gave one combi-shot as a flamer and one as a melta. I think you can roll them on the digga archeotech tables in GorkaMorka.

Perhaps I know I'm I fan 'cause I knew that.

Ya know, deep in the days of yore it was possible to roll a combi-gun with more than one secondary. This object already exists in the deep dark recesses of the background. This is also something I'd include if I was writing the next codex, a two handed bolter that gave one combi-shot as a flamer and one as a melta. I think you can roll them on the digga archeotech tables in GorkaMorka.

Perhaps I know I'm I fan 'cause I knew that.

Don't forget, the pic is not just a combi-gun, it's a combi-stormbolter.  Every shot is with an assault weapon :) 

Now this would make Celestians worth taking.

You forgot Nitro Methane bud. Remember, gas is for washing parts, alcohol is for drinking and nitro is for racing, er um, also mixed with promethium make the immo's and rhinos move flat out alot more and tank shock like crazy, no darn xenos getting outta the way of that.

When you've gotten a reply back regarding your submission of ideas to GW and end up arguing that buffing units like Celestians isn't going to make the codex overpowered.

I did that recently. And then sent a second email apologizing if I came off like a jerk.

That... doesn't sound like you're helping the cause Fulkes :tongue.:

Don't worry Phil was very understanding about it. EDIT: Redacted so people aren't so worried about it.

So yeah, I mailed 20 pages of Sisters feedback to him in December, he emailed me back and while he's not working on rules at the moment (apparently there is a rotation in the office and he's on fluff duty at the moment) he did pass it to the rules folks...who basically put it on the back burner because they "just" did Sisters last year. D:

Edited by Fulkes

Name dropping show off! :wink:

Not that being able to email him is getting us Sisters in plastic and a paper any sooner (not that I'll stop submitting stuff in the long run).

If you want a reply on stuff from the devs I recommend typing it up, sending it via post and include Cadbury chocolate bars. That's what I did!

Edited by Fulkes

Name dropping show off! :wink:

Not that being able to email him is getting us Sisters in plastic and a paper any sooner (not that I'll stop submitting stuff in the long run).

If you want a reply on stuff from the devs I recommend typing it up, sending it via post and include Cadbury chocolate bars. That's what I did!

Very interesting. I wonder what can be achieved with a "larger incentive".

Watch me try to become the Emperor in the next BRB edition.

...when, upon reading a scholarly article about the "shojo" phenomenon in manga, you realize that it's SoB, not Tau, that's inspired by Japanese pop culture!

I thought that was Eldar honestly.

Dark Eldar totally have a ninja vibe from them (striking from the shadows, the use of poison, things that seem like magic to the less informed...) mixed with the gladiatorial pits of Rome and enough political backstabbing to make Congress look competent. :P

Did you get permission from him to post your correspondence up?

Sending Cadburys chocolate is probably blackmail too, he likely had to share it around to avoid bribery laws :tongue.:

A correspondence that says he bears no ill-will regarding my "excitement" in my initial reply is pretty safe, it shows no details about anything important. The one I got back in regards to my submission on the otherhand is pretty unshareable.

And yes, the chocolate was shared (apparently the female staffers were happy).

EDIT: Now that I'm more awake, I was asked not to share the correspondence with actual information in it regarding the stuff I sent in and the like as they like to keep things under wraps. This has no such information and only shows that Phil is a pretty nice guy, I don't see an issue with showing that he's a nice guy who is pretty understanding.

Edited by Fulkes