Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

You know you're a Sister of Battle player when...

804 replies to this topic

Lord Nolkaar

Lord Nolkaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 873 posts

...when you think boob armor isn't acceptable but play the army anyway.

...when you're a feminist but you play 40K where men outnumber women 500 to 1.

...when you're into being a catholic but eschew the peace, love and tolerance part.

...when you've got no problem in waiting ridiculous, insulting periods of time for a rules and model update, and you play only Imperial forces. (Looking at you Drukhari-GW trademark rolleyesclean.gif )

The true enemy lies within ourselves. We are our own destruction and our own salvation. All is a matter of perspective of which is which.

Servant of Dante

Servant of Dante

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,034 posts
  • Chapter Name: Order of the Valorous Heart

Personally, I kinda like the "boob armour" aesthetic, especially since it's the established look for Sisters. Obviously it's just ornamentation on their armour, but I don't think it goes against the army's overall philosophy. Others have said this better than me before though biggrin.png

. . . when you don't actually care if your metal range ever gets updated because you think the metal sculpts are gorgeous the way they are tongue.png

Edit: I will stand up against people being inconsiderate of others any time, but I don't think that the way the Sisters' armour is shaped is unseemly or overtly sexual. The repentia sculpts are, imo, but not the majority of the line.

Edited by Servant of Dante, 25 May 2017 - 05:03 PM.

Beams

Beams

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 454 posts
  • Chapter Name: Order of Our Martyred Lady

Personally, I kinda like the "boob armour" aesthetic, especially since it's the established look for Sisters. Obviously it's just ornamentation on their armour, but I don't think it goes against the army's overall philosophy. Others have said this better than me before though biggrin.png

. . . when you don't actually care if your metal range ever gets updated because you think the metal sculpts are gorgeous the way they are tongue.png

Edit: I will stand up against people being inconsiderate of others any time, but I don't think that the way the Sisters' armour is shaped is unseemly or overtly sexual. The repentia sculpts are, imo, but not the majority of the line.

The Repentia just make everyone uncomfortable. They look like they take their BDSM too serioualy, and that they care about consent less than dark Eldar...

Besides that, I don't find any sisters models offensive.

...when the only thing you want GW to change is the prices.

Edited by Beams, 25 May 2017 - 06:13 PM.

• Rod.H likes this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,763 posts
  • Chapter Name: Catachan Wolves

The Repentia just make everyone uncomfortable. They look like they take their BDSM too serioualy, and that they care about consent less than dark Eldar...

You know you're a Sister of Battle when your very presence makes all members of a Dark Eldar army curl into the fetal position and cry for mommy.

Yes, even the Talos Pain Engine.
  • Fulkes likes this

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,584 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars

Considering that this is what Repentia should look like:

ZbMBN1Y.png

It's not really a shock that the Dark Eldar start crying. I mean how does a race that lives through torture someone who is already torturing themselves in combat in the middle of a filth-ridden, disease infested warzone?

Basically you can't. Because the Emperor protects.

...when you wish the next update gives your army actual rules and wargear for hunting witches and heretics.

gallery_83651_12132_28438.png

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users