You know you're a Sister of Battle player when...

...when you think boob armor isn't acceptable but play the army anyway.

...when you're a feminist but you play 40K where men outnumber women 500 to 1.

...when you're into being a catholic but eschew the peace, love and tolerance part.

...when you've got no problem in waiting ridiculous, insulting periods of time for a rules and model update, and you play only Imperial forces. (Looking at you Drukhari-GW trademark :rolleyes: )

Personally, I kinda like the "boob armour" aesthetic, especially since it's the established look for Sisters. Obviously it's just ornamentation on their armour, but I don't think it goes against the army's overall philosophy. Others have said this better than me before though :biggrin.:

. . . when you don't actually care if your metal range ever gets updated because you think the metal sculpts are gorgeous the way they are :tongue.:

Edit: I will stand up against people being inconsiderate of others any time, but I don't think that the way the Sisters' armour is shaped is unseemly or overtly sexual. The repentia sculpts are, imo, but not the majority of the line.

Edited by Servant of Dante

Personally, I kinda like the "boob armour" aesthetic, especially since it's the established look for Sisters. Obviously it's just ornamentation on their armour, but I don't think it goes against the army's overall philosophy. Others have said this better than me before though :biggrin.:

. . . when you don't actually care if your metal range ever gets updated because you think the metal sculpts are gorgeous the way they are :tongue.:

Edit: I will stand up against people being inconsiderate of others any time, but I don't think that the way the Sisters' armour is shaped is unseemly or overtly sexual. The repentia sculpts are, imo, but not the majority of the line.

The Repentia just make everyone uncomfortable. They look like they take their BDSM too serioualy, and that they care about consent less than dark Eldar...

Besides that, I don't find any sisters models offensive.

...when the only thing you want GW to change is the prices.

Edited by Beams

The Repentia just make everyone uncomfortable. They look like they take their BDSM too serioualy, and that they care about consent less than dark Eldar...

You know you're a Sister of Battle when your very presence makes all members of a Dark Eldar army curl into the fetal position and cry for mommy.

Yes, even the Talos Pain Engine.

Considering that this is what Repentia should look like:

http://i.imgur.com/ZbMBN1Y.png

It's not really a shock that the Dark Eldar start crying. I mean how does a race that lives through torture someone who is already torturing themselves in combat in the middle of a filth-ridden, disease infested warzone?

Basically you can't. Because the Emperor protects.

...when you wish the next update gives your army actual rules and wargear for hunting witches and heretics.

• 1 month later...

. . . when it concerns you that there's a Sisters player asking for fluff help in the Liber and they didn't get any replies for 2 days. :)

here's the thread http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/336961-adepta-sororitas-questions/

• 2 months later...

(I'm pretty sure I'm within the 90 day limit on threadomancy, and this might just count as a constructive post anyway :P)

. . . when you're going to contribute to this project: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/340410-collaborative-adepta-sororitas-creation-project/

(and if you're interested in the other creation projects, here's Molotov's main thread: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/340408-the-liber-unity-project/ It includes a SM chapter, an IG regiment, a chaos warband, something for xenos, and of course an Order Minoris)

When you had the overwhelming urge to buy two of the pant-spray guns that looked like hand flamers when GW sold them a few years ago for righteous purging painting and absolutely not pretending to feel like a Seraphim.

Cambrius

You know you are a sisters player when you feel a little enraged any time another player complains about not having new models.  :)  Yes I actually had a dark eldar player complain directly to me while playing a game that he was so upset that he didn't have any new models.....

• 1 month later...

When, after reading this post on the "You know you're a Black Templar when..." you decide, "Damn the credit card bills, full FAITH AND FIRE ahead," before you assemble an Adepta Sororitas army.

Result? You spend a fortune on enough models to build TWO armies, and you spend enough time to paint TWO armies, but only the Adepta Sororitas models will be assembled. The second army- of Daemons/heretics/mutants/traitors/xenos or other enemies of the Imperium- will simply have their dismembered/disemboweled/decapitated remains piled beneath the Sisters' high-heeled boots, as burnt offerings to the God-Emperor. (Your own credit cards will also serve as burnt offerings to the same.)

• 2 weeks later...
Your idea of "make-up" and "perfume" are ceramite and holy promethium. Your idea of "looking pretty" is to put on your power armor, fill up your flamer's fuel tank and turn on its piezo igniter, so you will be ready to fight and kill- and if necessary, die for the Emperor. Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

You know you have damn good taste are a Sister of Battle player when you daydream iabout creating a PlayArmor magazine where women pose in full battle armor (save for the helmet if it's not open-faced), and I don't mean in those disgusting "oh god I think I broke my spine" so-called 'sexy' poses that gangrene fanart.

(Oh, yeah, and some magazines will be used for non-hammy chaos warriors and male Solar Auxilia too, I guess.)

Also, your understanding of "you should get into fashion, chérie!" is to take smithing lessons.

Also, your understanding of "you should get into fashion, chérie!" is to take smithing lessons.

Won't we have to be ordained members of the Adeptus Mechanicus to get smithing lessons- at least in the fields that matter to those living in the 40th millennium? (Power armor, chain swords, power weapons, flamers, melta weapons, bolt weapons...)

If we were actual sisters of battle, yes.

I specified player in my post and it's also in the thread title though.

As far as real sisters of battle are concerned, they'd most likely not know what fashion even is or mistake it for heretical idolatry of false prophets.

Who actually is in charge of the Adepta Sororitas' tools of war has never been fleshed out as far as I know. There's been some musings across the years and threads here on the question but they're not the subject of this topic.

Speaking of on topic;

You know you're a sister of battle player when your daughter offers you a '# 1 canoness' mug on your birthday.

She's never been particularly imaginative though, so you've got a cupboard full of the damn things.

I've always wondered about what Sister use for Tech support too.

You know when you're a Sisters player, when a number of layers of other armies lament the release of Chapter Approved and you're non plusses about it and carry on as normal.

... As far as real sisters of battle are concerned, they'd most likely not know what fashion even is or mistake it for heretical idolatry of false prophets. ...

Sister-esthetician Vanessa would be deeply hurt to find you thought so little of her holy calling to maintain the appearance and comportment of her fellow nuns in a manner pleasing to the Emperor. Sororita fashion is choosing between a 'medium-reg' bob or going for the full strict version and under which eye you get that ecclastically approved devotional fleur-de-lyls tattoo.

YKYASBPW: You're disappointed you can't link straight to the fluff paragraph you wrote six years ago because it's buried in the third page of an archived thread.

I want a cup that says “drink recaff, Imperator Vult” :P

As for who supplies the Sisters, I have at least a partial answer.

According to page 46 of Codex: Sisters of Battle for 2nd Edition (I’m kinda paraphrasing), Ministorum forces fought in the Icaria Crusade in the early 35th millennium in the southern sectors of the Segmentum Ultima (for over 30 years). Neat the end of the war a force of “Frateris Templars” (whatever those are, the name makes me think of Crusaders) found an ancient factory (I assume this was before the term factorum was widely used in the fluff) on Fornoth, including databanks from the dark age of technology. The missionary in charge, Morben the Devout, negotiated a deal with the Mechanicus where mars would get the factory and data in it “in return for material support from mars” and exclusive rights to any new technology discovered in the factory.

It says this is how the Ministorum has been able to keep the Sororitas armed and armored to the highest standard, and that the Immolator was designed from some “half-complete files detailing a flame-thrower tank,” the only new design found in the databanks, modified with existing Imperial technology. The Mechanicus later secretly used these designs to create the Hellhound.

If I ever use Crusaders, I’m goin to have their household dedicated to Morben the Devout :D