You know you're a Sister of Battle player when...

...ykyaSoBpw your first reaction to being sick is to purge Nurgle.

Your prescription for treating a headache is not to take aspirin, it's to bring your chainsword through the neck of whoever is giving you a headache, immediately followed by setting this person's remains on fire.

• 2 weeks later...
You justify your hatred of 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' by claiming it promotes Chaos worship, with Rey serving Slaanesh, Luke Skywalker (in name only) serving Nurgle, Supreme Leader Snoke serving Tzeentch, and Ben "Kylo Ren" Solo serving Khorne. (Rian Johnson obviously serves Malice.)

• 3 months later...

After watching Tron: Legacy, you decide to aid the Iron Hands' crusade to reclaim STC templates the Tau stole, by purging Tau-occupied worlds of traitors and xenos- as well as reclaiming the various vehicles the xenos stole, so they may serve mankind and womankind once more.

Get ready for Sororitas pattern light jets- what the thieving xenos refer to as the "Sun Shark"!

• 1 month later...
I'd prefer members to suggest topics to be kept via PM, rather than Necroing. It's against forum rules, after all...

When everyone sees your giant army of sisters all painted and laid out for a game and the first thing they say is: "Excited about the plastic sisters release?  I am!" And that little vein in your head pops out a bit and you want to purge the fair-weather army bandwagoners for being too weak of faith (read as: wallet) to do sisters until they were released in plastic.

I welcome more players to the sisters community, for sure, but my eye twitches a bit when people bring it up as if they've been stoically awaiting the sisters release =P

I usually respond with "eh, I already got my whole army, and it is painted.  I'll buy some, of course, but it won't be like: I NEED THEM NOW!"

When everyone sees your giant army of sisters all painted and laid out for a game and the first thing they say is: "Excited about the plastic sisters release?  I am!" And that little vein in your head pops out a bit and you want to purge the fair-weather army bandwagoners for being too weak of faith (read as: wallet) to do sisters until they were released in plastic.

I welcome more players to the sisters community, for sure, but my eye twitches a bit when people bring it up as if they've been stoically awaiting the sisters release =P

I usually respond with "eh, I already got my whole army, and it is painted.  I'll buy some, of course, but it won't be like: I NEED THEM NOW!"

All of this. I had the pleasure of listening to four players at the LGS last night going on in the same way. I had painted models on the table that have been painted and in my army longer than each of the players have been alive. I asked, it made me a little twitchy for sure when they started telling me how long they have been waiting. Sisters since release day, I will convert whatever new units I can and will not be retiring anything I already own in favor of the new. I am too attached.

I'm not an old dog like most of you folks, I didn't get initiated to the sisters until Soul Storm. Didn't have an army (of any kind) until 8th, and only do because I could feel in my bones this was the edition that was going to treat sisters better.

That said....

....When, GW teases you with one new model several months ago and then goes completely radio silent. (Despite telling us they'd take us on the full experience)

I don’t think I can quite be younger than dracpanzer’s army, but still, I’ve only been playing Sisters for 2 or 3 years (not sure rn actually).

While I too (even though I’ve not been around as long) get a bit annoyed at the idea of losing our niche status, I also can’t begrudge anyone for wanting to play with the new plastics. Though hearing someone talk about “how long they’ve waited” does seem a bit . . .

You’ll know you’re a (old school) Sisters of Battle player when your army is still half metal you get excited every time you pick up your codex because it’s been so long since your army had a proper codex :P

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of Kill Team:  Did anyone else look at the list of factions, see the lack of Sororitas and shrug and say "what else is new" to themselves?

I know they said something along the lines of the rules were for factions already released... but really, at this point... it is what?  Sisters and Chaos Daemons without kill teams?

Yes. They say they wanted to include those factions which have tons of conversion ability. I have twenty plus years of converting metal models, but I don't have rules for Kill Team. Absolutely the only thing I haven't been thrilled with. For Kill Team I will play GSC and Nightlords then work on terrain until the Emperor finally gives us a codex and KT rules. Then I will play my metal Sisters in Kill Team.

• 1 month later...

You know you're a Sisters of Battle player, when playing as Brigette in Overwatch, feel an overpowering urge to attack with righteous Faith!, Reaper (Heretic Mutant), Widowmaker (Heretic, borderline Mutant), Moira (Geneticist Heretic), Winston and Wrecking ball (Mutants), Soldier 76 (Mutant), Torbjorn (Stunty Mutant who meddles in Technology. He maybe Brigette's father, but thats no excuse...), Orisa, Bastion and Zenyatta (Forbidden A.I. technology), Mercy (Necromantic Heretic), Genji (Cyborg Heretic) and Hanzo (meddling with powers he doesn't comprehend Heretic, so also Genji), Mei (Demon in disguise), Roadhog and Junkrat (Hivescum), Lucio (thief)...

Hell, purge them all!

• 1 year later...

You have a member of the Order of Our Martyred Lady serve as the Emperor's Champion.

Our faith in His Immortal Majesty is not weaker than anyone's- not even a Black Templar's! We will fight with no less bravery and ferocity than a Space Marine! Our bodies may be mortal, but our spirits are not, for not even death will make us break the oaths we swore upon the Golden Throne! If we must breathe our last, it will be through teeth tightly clenched upon the throat of an enemy of the Emperor!

You have more dice than your opponent has models!

D10s for wound counters on rhinos

D12s fro wound counters on Immolators & Exorcists

D6s for wound counters on infantry

Different D6s for miracle dice

Different dice for VPs

Different dice for CPs

Then finally some dice for rolling!

You have more dice than your opponent has models!

D10s for wound counters on rhinos

D12s fro wound counters on Immolators & Exorcists

D6s for wound counters on infantry

Different D6s for miracle dice

Different dice for VPs

Different dice for CPs

Then finally some dice for rolling!

This is no joke haha, I've started to 3d print tokens to alleviate this, because I kept losing track of what dice where for what!

Now I have a stack of command point chips, and then when I roll miracle dice, I immediately replace them with a numbered and color coded token. It makes it a bit easier.