+ The Jericho Crusade + Sword Brethren Cometh!

Acebaur

Yes! That looks awesome. Dang, I was planning on using a set of crouching legs for something else, now I'm torn!

He's like one of those pictures where you can see two images depending on how you look at it. Version one, and he has just slammed into the ground, finishing a big sweeping slash with his chainsword out to his side, glancing up to spot his next prey.

Version two, he has been surveying the battlefield, and chosen his target. Next to him, his brothers ready their packs and he bends a knee, about to leap into the sky...

@Andrew: Thanks for the info, that will definitely make it easier!

@MM: Awesome, I prefer the first version for sure ;) Now the next question is would he look stupid with a normal backpack? So far all of my Assault and VV have magnetic backpacks.

The dynamic poses of these guys are great, I really like how each of them has there own unique style and the crouched chain swordsman is just awesome, I couldn't think of a better word to use than awesome.

Hmm, it might not look too weird, but I'm not sure what the 'story' of the pose would be? Kind of a sprint-sliding-slashing movement? It's hard to judge without a mock-up ;)

Nah, he's obviously clearing his landing zone :D

Grimaldus leapt out of a thunder hawk with only one pack to share between two, so I guess it's plausible that another Templar might do the same :tongue.:

Well the the only reason I would have him with a normal pack would be cause I ran the squad without JP's. I don't forsee a reason why I might do that though as we have Crusader squads for that so I'll probably just glue his on(and probably the rest of the squad too. No need to waste magnets ;)

Speaking of which, here is the squad

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k48/Acebaur/40K/2015-11-30%2018.29.24_zpssjyyd1nv.jpg

And this guy gets special mention because he has a magnetized hand for taking a plasma pistol if they ever become cheaper than the entire model :furious:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k48/Acebaur/40K/20151130_182737-1_zps2refnezp.jpg

No idea, I have never faced them or their dreaded dreadknights! Although I guess they are small elite units, so force them to spread out and then focus-fire on each one? I'm sure GK rely heavily on psychic abilities so a plasma squad/psyocculum inquisitor would be a great counter. In fact, that would be great against any unit on the table :P They will be tough but every squad killed will be a crippling blow. I'm not sure what is best to tackle the Knights - would an ironclad be able to go toe-to-toe?

I've had trouble dealing with a dreaknight in the few games I have played against GK. 4 wounds, 2+/5++, can't remember toughness but I'd wager a 5, you'll need either massed small arms fire or concentrated laser fire to put this thing down. I haven't had the chance to test grav cannons, but I'd guess it'd work fairly well.

I wouldn't try to get into CC against that thing either, it has str 10.

Probably too late, but every knight I've taken down has been with LRC fire... Multimelta and Assault cannons do some work, but it does take a few hit before it will go down. Storm raven/talons help too since they like their ravens and have pretty much no other anti air. Other then that plasmas are great and I've used my crusader squads to bog them down while a Vanguard squad went around popping heads off filthy witches with good effect. Okay, that's pretty much how I approach most threats :D

Against GK, prepare for some casualties if he's running a full TDA list... they Alpha Strike, hit you with a lot of Anti-Infantry fire and try to toughen out your return fire... either Grav or Plasma are your best friends.

Avoid CC at the start unless your confident enough that you're going to kill them in 1 turn, or they will bog you down with annoying annoying Force Weapons and kill you off with the Dreadknight.

Dreadknights are scary because they have Deep Strike, a decent ranged weapon, and a powerful melee attack. The best way to deal with it is the same as any Monstrous Creatures... grav/plasma and whittle it down with everything else or grav/plasma then hit it hard with your beatstick in Assault.

Hope that helps and good luck witch hunting...

Also, it will be hard to counter their Psychic Powers since they can cast a tons worth of Dice.... if you get a high number of Deny the Witch Dice, use it wisely.

So I forgot to post the results of my game! 

We played Spoils of War maelstrom mission(we picked, didn't roll) and I set up expecting first turn. Well he seized >< so one of the Dreadknights flew up the side and into my flank with my LS's taking one out in the first salvo. My land raider drove through a building twice unscathed but my dozer blade equipped Vindy immobilized himself on a bush. However, he made up for it by blowing a land raider on the first turn so that helped.

The Honor Guard were boss again taking out 7 Terminators. He tried to block me with one of his dreadknights but I drove around it. That was one of my harder decisions. I knew if I attacked with both my bikes and HG I could probably take it down, but at the same time, I figured it might be better to push into his backfield and take out some of those TDA units. So instead I just charged the knight with my bikers. In hindsight maybe I should have taken it out but at the same time it didn't matter much as the Reclusiam tanked him like a champ for the rest of the game which surprised both of us :laugh.:

The grav squad also did well, taking out a knight and wounding another. It would have been worse but he made like 6 invul saves against them.  The dreads did ok, the Ironclad got taken out by concentrated Psy fire(some of which was to the rear) but it kept them from shooting at my rhino's

In the end it was a massacre win for me with the objectives. Sometimes the cards aren't kind and they weren't great for my opponent. Even still, by the end I had killed a Dreadknight, 3 TDA squads and a LR. He had killed of mine a razorback, the Vindy, Ironclad and drop pod. He also whittled down my HG and bike squad a bit, but I still had both crusader squads intact and my LS and dread so it would have been lopsided no matter what. But I had a good time and I hope he did too(it didn't really start to unravel until the end)

2. Metal head -> Use needle nose to twist and tear the head off, then use AC's recommendation to drill and smooth that area for the next head. It will be a pain in the neck, but you'll be happier with the result later on. Choose an epic head to justify the effort. (yeah, everything is totally epic today due to lack of sleep :wink: ).

So I went ahead and lopped his head off. Way harder to make it clean than I was hoping. Mostly because the head was up against the back collar which made it difficult. But I did it and I think it's pretty clean. So the question remains, is this head epic enough? ;)

Yeah, I'm not quite sure either. The original head was in much the same position so my only guess is that based on his legs maybe he just drew his sword and is about to step forward into a swing?

• 1 year later...

Well I got not one but TWO boxes of goodies today. :biggrin.:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k48/Acebaur/40K/20170225_193351_zpsqqhgswge.jpg

I also got Sigismund and the Imperial Fists Legion command set. The guy with the sword in that set will be converted into my new Marshal model. 

Also you'll probably notice that a couple of those bags say Freebies. After ordering they contacted me and asked me if I wanted a couple of free items, so yeah very impressed with them and the quality is excellent. The only thing is that the torsos are just a little squat compared to GW ones. But nothing a little greenstuff can't fix. 

The only thing is that the torsos are just a little squat compared to GW ones. But nothing a little greenstuff can't fix.

@Ace: As I am interested in ordering from these guys as well, could you do a side-by-side shot of their torsos and GW's?

To correct, are you planning on putting some GS underneath their torso so that it sits on top legs correctly? I.e. is the...squatness from the arms down to the waist?

Those shields look "ace". Yeah, I said that.

I think it may be good to continue this discussion on the spellcrow thread so that everyone benefits from this information.

based on the expected photos, I might order a few things myself, and throw in for good measure a set of their grav-guns. A mate of mine did a brillant set of command squads on bike with those grav-guns strapped to the side of the bike so he could play them shooty or CC depending on the threat.

I think it may be good to continue this discussion on the spellcrow thread so that everyone benefits from this information.

based on the expected photos, I might order a few things myself, and throw in for good measure a set of their grav-guns. A mate of mine did a brillant set of command squads on bike with those grav-guns strapped to the side of the bike so he could play them shooty or CC depending on the threat.

I actually think we should redirect everything to the main bitz thread. I might just merge them as there is a wealth of useful info in that thread as well. 

So I've been working on the IF command model to make my new marshal model. Here is the first mock up. I've had some trouble getting the TH arm to look right and I'm also still working out how I want to magnetize him(shoulder? wrists?) so that his loadout is flexible for different lists and/or when future options become available. Note that the TH is only a place holder, the final one will be a good bit larger(converted from a TDA one)

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k48/Acebaur/40K/Marshal%20Ramius/20170226_163537_zpsze4r4bvg.jpg

Archived