Regiments of the B&C: One for All

Kierdale

Great work, Cate.

The write ups are very, very interesting and I'd love to see more of the Marwer regiments.

Great work, everyone, actually!

And put me down for an entry. Kierdale's World was written up as the example for this event so I'll be doing a Necromundan veteran as my actual entry. For an experiment I might try using pretty much only shades and glazes over a white undercoat.

Great work, Cate.

The write ups are very, very interesting and I'd love to see more of the Marwer regiments.

Great work, everyone, actually!

And put me down for an entry. Kierdale's World was written up as the example for this event so I'll be doing a Necromundan veteran as my actual entry. For an experiment I might try using pretty much only shades and glazes over a white undercoat.

Thanks for the kind words.

Sadly the Marwer regiments are on hold at the moment due to other hobby related issues, my primary army, Vlka Fenryka, is in great need to get finished before my gaming groups yearly 10k apoc game, if I have time I might get a few of the Marwer guards into that battle. I am way behind on the back-story of my Wolf company too, where the Marwer regiments do have a small part.

Srg. Grantio was something I did in an hour while watching the telly, and the story did take me around one hour to write, so it is just two hours of work, and that I could spare from my Wolves.

/C

med_gallery_63428_7083_80964.jpgmed_gallery_63428_7083_82560.jpg

Just needs some rivets adding to the deckplates, but he's ready for painting.

And now he's done:

I must add that I was inspired by Lord Commander Scrymgeour's work Here.

gallery_63428_7083_1345.jpggallery_63428_7083_33571.jpggallery_63428_7083_12164.jpg

gallery_63428_7083_9790.jpggallery_63428_7083_2700.jpggallery_63428_7083_22142.jpg

I'm rather happy with how he turned out! Did two heavy washes of Agrax Earthshade over the white undercoat, then a couple of layers of each colour Shade in the appropriate places, then two more washes of Agrax. The only actual paints used were Typhus Corrosion and Ryza rust on the base (which was all Agrax'd over too) and Tamiya Clear Red for the cybereye.

Guardsman Ferris `Ol’ Red Eye` Taunch

Veteran guardsman (later sergeant), 3987th Necromundan Rifles, Sierra company, 9th squad. Running with his fellow house Orlock youths in a gang (the Bloody Cogs) during his adolescent years, Ferris became acquainted with violence early. It was during a rash raid into Delaque territory - the old foes of house Orlock - that Taunch lost his left eye to a baldie’s dagger. Enraged, Ferris beat the Delaque youth to death with the butt of his shotgun, scarring off the rest of the Green Snakes gang with his bloody visage. Luckily for him the technicians of his clan were able to fit him with a cybernetic replacement, thus restoring his vision. The youth, at the time in his mid-teens, later tinkered with his eye to make it glow an intense red, enhancing his fearful image in the various sump-scraps with rival gangs.
Being one of the two official recruitment worlds for the Imperial Fists chapter of the Adeptus Astartes, Taunch dreamt of becoming one of the Emperor’s own Angels of Death. Rumour was that those who volunteered for (or were conscripted into) the Imperial Guard were occasionally - that rarest, most miraculous of chances - chosen for genenhancement as a space marine. But such was not to be. He was years beyond the optimum age in addition to having acquired a taste for a couple of debilitating proscribed substances.
Thus he found himself wearing the uniform of an Imperial Guardsman. By the time he had passed through basic training he was clean of his previous addictions (though had picked up a taste for lho sticks) and became a guardsman in the 3987th Necromundan Rifles alongside thousands more former gang members from, like him, Hive Primus, as well as Palatine Hive and more. The vigilance of the regiment’s senior NCOs prevented Tauch and a great many other new recruits from reigniting old rivalries and falling victim to the Emperor’s Mercy at the hands of commissars.
After a couple of minor police actions on Necromunda itself the new recruits saw their first offworld action: supporting a company of Imperial Fists in a strike on the ork-held world of Baleron IV. While the Fists struck directly at the warboss’ mountaintop fortress the 3987th along with Fist scout elements were tasked with holding up the ork horde itself within the greenskin’s own city at the foot of the mountain. Here the former gangers’ experience in close quarters combat proved invaluable. Private Taunch earned glory coming to the aid of a Fists scout sergeant whose charges had been slaughtered by the greenskins. Taunch helped pull the injured sergeant Jaeger to cover, firing his lasrifle one handed and screaming bloody murder at the orks while his squadmates gave covering fire.
In recognition of his action he was presented with an exquisitely carved jet fist emblem by sergeant Jaeger, which he affixed to the side of his lasrifle.
Taunch’s squad became a hardened unit of veteran guardsmen, their uniforms becoming over the years more and more battered, cobbled together from whatever they could scavenge until they (Taunch himself now in his fifties), appear in garb not dissimilar to what he clad himself in over three decades earlier. In another throwback to old times he finds himself taking increasing amounts of meds to deal with accumulated injuries, mental stress and nightmares about the things he has seen and fought. The decades of combat have begun to get to the old warrior but Ol’ Red Eye, as he is known to his squad, keeps the shakes well hidden, pushing himself and his squad because he knows no other way.

3987th Necromundan Rifles

One of countless regiments raised from the gutter punks and gangers of that most infamous of hive worlds, the 3987th is a meatgrinder. The youth of several hive cities, penal facilities and nomads corralled from the ash wastes go in one end, and loyal guardsmen come out the other. That being the official line, the drill sergeants of the 3987th (they themselves natives of Necromunda, most of them former gang leaders who have put aside their clan and house loyalties in favour of the winged skull) saw the strength in recruits’ former clans and houses, and decided to take advantage of this. Thus former ratskins and Delaques find themselves shoulder to shoulder in recon patrols. Van Sars, Orlocks and Techies form heavy weapon teams, those late of house Cawdor and the Redemptionist cult are assigned to close assault units where their zeal is best used. Many units -those which survive more than a few horrific battles against Humanities' foes- often adopt more relaxed dress regulat
ions. The regiment's commissars accept this and their presence serves to keep the majority of guardsmen from touching off old rivalries and turning their Throne-given arms on their new comrades, and the ever-vigilant senior NCOs (aided by ministorum priests) reinforce the ethos that all are now weapons of the Emperor. Regiment before clan, house or gang.
The regiment has proven most adept at fighting in build-up areas: terrain most familiar to its members, though it has also gained victory in several desert theaters where the knowledge of its former ash nomads has proved invaluable.
The regiment’s current CO is `Bad Mutha` Adelida Cornelis, a house Escher ganger in her youth, a stubborn and determined tactician whose sobriquet is all too often heard shouted by members of the regiment.
Noteworthy engagements:

* Assisting Imperial Fists in the eradication of warboss Tugz Greatrippa and his greenskin horde on Baleron IV.
* Recapturing four seized foundries on the third moon of Alceforge from rebel elements.
* Became drawn out into a battle of attrition against Tau aggressors in the city of Poipaeus on Rarusa Prime until the regiment feinted retreat into the desert whereupon the pursuing Xeno were set upon from prepared ambush positions.
* Suffered heavy losses when the Tau fought on Rarusa Prime were reinforced. Retreating once more to Poipaeus city the deployed Xenos heavy walkers were taken down via booby-traps and other efforts by the regiment’s combat engineers and infiltrators.

Indeed it would.

All imperial guard armies (loyalist, PDF or traitor), armed with Imperial weaponry which means all FW, GW, victoria miniatures etc. as long as the weapons are within the guard codex, any supplements available during the competition period.

This was something the mods discussed in advance. As storm troopers are likely to be Troops for the Tempestus Codex, and their codex is released next week: you're good. :)

Indeed ValkyrieUndead submitted one of Ye Olde plastic beret-wearers on page 2.

Ok thanks for clearing that up guys n girls.

Ill be entering this guy then:  Sergeant Marcus de Tanco of the 133rd Trench Demons

http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a566/dan87smith/DSCN0274_zpsfac5bce3.jpg

.....ill be re painting him as this was just one of my many test schemes.

I don't think ill be doing a write up on him and his unit as im lacking any sort of creative writing skills.

AND DONE

http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a566/dan87smith/DSCN0298_zpsbe18b34e.jpg

http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a566/dan87smith/DSCN0299_zpse48085f6.jpg

Ive redone the base and gave him a 5 o'clock shaow.

I'm in, see Trooper Hilltop and Veteran Thrash from the Armageddon Militia 'volunteer' 4th. Text on soldiers to follow, should be sprayed this afternoon if weather stays nice, so painted models should be far behind

WIP

tn_gallery_33656_9424_4153.jpg

Finished:

gallery_33656_9424_57878.jpeg

The Soldiers:

Trooper Hilltop [pic capt. ref 345526. First day of defence - 5.5 hrs standard]

Hilltop was a ganger of the armageddon gang formally known as Smelt Shift 9 (SS9). He was a skilled fighter, with records indicating his strength was comparable to that of a small ork. This led to him gaining respect in SS9, so when the gang was 'recruited' into the 4th to make up the 2nd platoon, he was made a corporal for his squads 2nd fireteam.Trooper Hilltop had the glorious honour of the Armageddon Militia 4th to be the first of the 1500 volunteers to give his life for the emperor, while making his way to the walls with his company to defend the Hive, thus redeeming him in the eyes of the emperor. Status:KIA

Veteran Thrash [pic capt. ref 345790. First day of defence + 83 days standard]

Thrash was from SS9 before joining the good fight against the xenos invaders. His bulk and clumsy nature made him unsuitable for factorum work, and his criminal tendencies made him ideal for the 4th, if only to keep him away from the civilian population. Due to gang structure being taken into consideration for the Militia when it was formed, Thrash was brought in as a trooper, having served SS9 as street muscle. Since then he has precurred himself a shotgun, and has had outstanding praise be sung of him when he saved a preacher and 2 of his accolytes by fearlessly charging a group of 3 orks who were surrounding them. This breach of protocol has marked thrash for review after the conflict as this act could well have endangered the rest of his squad. Status:MIA

Armegeddon Militia 4th [Excerp from 'Service History records, officer diaries' and 'scholar essays on Armegeddon']

The Militia 4th was recruited from the gangs of Armegeddons Hive Primus. While this was from a number of gangs, each gang was given a platoon so that pre-induction rivalries would be kept to a minimum. On record, this has worked with 100% efficency, however off the books, several commissars have open investigations regarding a number of deaths before the battle even began. Nothing has been proven so far, but fear not citizen, imperial justice will see through. The Militia numbered 1505 men upon induction, split between 8 platoons of approx 120 troopers each that were recruited from gangs (Seamstresses, SS9, Blue street, Dust Barrons, Engels, Outriders, Grand street shuffle and the Mailto), with the remaining troopers forming a consript platoon of indentured factory workers, pit slaves and other assorted techincal personnal.

The Militia 4th last orders (along with elements of Catachan 'Ork hunters', cadian 1029th, and the entirety of Militia groups 17-24) were to clear the lower hive level 18 east district, there has been no contact for the last 17 days, leading officers to believe them destroyed by the greenskin menace. This however cannot be proven to date, and battles to this day go on in the lower levels, meaning that some of the regiments must still be alive (as of day of defence + 101 days standard)

So ummm... I've got a Heavy Bolter HWT ready to go, but I have already painted the clothing parts over the basecoat, would that still be legal to enter?

I'm pretty sure I can't get any other Guard models by the 1st of April. pinch.gif

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv325/Elcundil/S1032524.jpg

Aaaaaand Finished.

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv325/Elcundil/Golgotha%20Crusade/S1032525.jpg

Heavy Gunner Friedrich Muller

Friedrich Muller is one of the older Golgothans, he was there when the Regiment was founded, but never speaks of that time. It is said that even the current Seneschal of the Golgothans, Maximillian, seeks his advice from time to time.

He is known as a very gruff, silent man, who lacks humour. The many different ammo-grunts who've teamed up with him say otherwise, claiming he has a great sense of humour. Nobody ever believes them. When asked, Muller simply raises a eyebrow, and continues cleaning his weapon.

Assigned to the 2nd Company's III Squad, he and his modified Heavy Bolter the "Iron Lady" have racked up a fearsome tally.

Golgothan 7th Legion

The Golgothan 7th Legion is a mystery to the Administratum. No records exist of such a Regiment being founded. Yet every other week another report of an encounter with the Legion arrives. That these reports are often accompanied with reports relating to missing war materiel does nothing to remove any suspicion.

In truth, the 7th was founded during the Invasion of Golgotha. During the invasion the 7th Mining colony rebelled against their Guards, and took up arms to defend themselves. Lead by a man known as Vex, the Golgothans struck out into the wasteland, looking for a way of the planet. The Emperor appearantly had plans for these brave men and women, as their vox caster burst into life carrying message of another settlement under siege, and in that settlement was a Commander of the Imperial Navy.
The Golgothans rushed to the settlement, broke the siege, and made their way to the Officer. The man thanked them for their assistance, and when hearing their tale, he offered them the use of his Emperor Class Batteship.
Since then the Golgothans have moved from one warzone to the next.

The Golgothans employ curious recruitment techniques, picking up Troopers who fell behind, and absorbing depleted regiments. Many Guardsmen don't mind this, as the Imperial Guard is the same no matter where you are. The "adopted" troopers aren't disadvantaged in any way, as the Current Company commander of the 2nd Company used to be a Cadian Private.

The Legion has a love for the big guns. Punishers and Demolishers feature heavily in their ranks. The Golgothans' battle doctrine can be described by a favoured motto among their Tankers: "There's no kill like overkill!"
They also have an obsession about Deathstrike missiles. They have recently aqcuired one, which makes many people in the Administratum feel uneasy.
The Golgothans are also developing a variant of the Valkyrie STC.Called the "Verrückt"-pattern, most details about the design are unclear, but the biggest change is the nose-mounted Gatling Cannon.

The Golgothans are currently fighting to reclaim the Golgotha Sector, accompanied by the Black Templars of the Golgotha Crusade. Both factions have fought together on numerous occasions, and a mutual bond of honor has been forged, which is clearly shown by the many "Crux Templii" on the Golgothan Vehicles and Banners.

And there we are, hope you like it. thumbsup.gif

13493118044_4aec28e1ed_b.jpg

13637353184_52f3496131_z.jpg

Veteran Edward Howe

Like many of the Cadian "Old" 256, Veteran Howe of Squad 105 has served across many theaters of war in the name of the Emperor. Originally being from the Cadian 209, Howe was a part of a handful of survivors left of the 209 and was brought to reinforce the Cadian 256. Having seen his share of battle against the Ork menace, Howe was only a natural fit for Squad 105, whose expertise lies with fighting the green skins as expert ambushers.

Howe's fondest war story with the 256 was the battle for Outpost XLVI, where Howe's squad stood in a desperate last stand against an ork incursion. Just as all seemed lost, the timely intervention of Black Templar Astartes turned the battle and Howe was (briefly) able to fight shoulder to shoulder with the Emperor's Angels of Death.

The Cadian "Old" 256

While written record of the Cadian 256 has been found as early at M36, none know for sure actually how long ago the regiment was founded. What is known is that the Cadian 256 had a most unusual founding. At the beginning of its history, the Cadian 256 was made up completely of brand new recruits formed from the Whiteshield regiments. The Officers and Commissars themselves were made up of soldiers in their first tours of duty. With such numbers of young and relatively inexperienced soldiers in the regiment, the Cadian 256 was dubbed the "Young 256". By the Emperor's grace or luck however, the Cadian 256 was able to survive, even thrive, with distinction and honor. It was in these early years the Cadian 256 was able to earn its first unique quirk. The Regiment was gifted a suit of Knight Titan armor by the last surviving member of a Knight Household. Coming to the aid of and redeeming the honor of this Freeblade, the Knight pledged that his armor would forever serve the 256. Since then, every new Knight Pilot would choose a squire to follow him, and upon the pilot's death, the suit would be passed on and the cycle would continue. "Venerable Iron" has continued to serve along the 256 to this day.

Sometime in the 41st millennium, the "Young" 256 would once again earn another unusual honor. Sometime after taking over as Colonel of the 256, a man named Jonathan Grey would lead the regiment to a new series of glory. Earning himself a reputation of a "problem solver", Grey was awarded with the honor of being able to reinforce his regiment with whatever survivors from disbanded regiments he wanted. In time, this transformed the "Young" 256 into a band of grizzled veterans, many of them older than the average guardsman. Grey himself, an older warrior never seen without a cigar in hand, helped solidify the new "Old" moniker the Regiment is now known by. Colonel Grey's reputation as a "tough old bastard" is soundly earned, often seen leading from the front alongside his men. Since their re-branding the "Old" 256 has been seen across a number of war zones, fighting at the thickest of battle. Recruiting the toughest (and often eldest) survivors of each conflict, the 256 rarely slows down, only ever moving forward, looking only to slay those that threaten the Imperium.

I'm still painting my Imperial guardsmen, my regiment is the: 322nd "Spire Guard" - Arcadian PDF

I will go and try to create the paint scheme on the B&C painter, because my models are still on the first coat.

The idea is that the Inquisition try to subtly destroy the regiments of my world, after they have fought alongside the Grey Knights. My guardsmen then rigously push back any attemp to do just that, with punishing firepower and superior training... until the Imperium basically nuke the hell of Arcadia - killing 60 Billion, imperial citizens; loyal to the Emperor above all.

Lord Firebrethren

So ummm... I've got a Heavy Bolter HWT ready to go, but I have already painted the clothing parts over the basecoat, would that still be legal to enter?

I'm pretty sure I can't get any other Guard models by the 1st of April. pinch.gif

I'd count that as undercoating as it's only a little, so they're good. In exchange you'll have to let me know how you did that ammo box for the HB though msn-wink.gif

Oh, that was rather easy, It's from the SM Devastator kit. All I had to do was cut the side piece straight down as it was more this shape: >

If that makes any sense. tongue.png I'll make sure to get a better picture of it.

Some close ups would be what I need, I tried it a little while back and fluffed it so I'll gladly take the shortcut of copying you tongue.png

I'm just sorting my trooper out now, and will upload his starting picture soon biggrin.png

Edit: so nobody has to go all the way to the first posts to find him, Corporal Isshin from the 144th Arukan:

gallery_30308_3239_20469.jpg

Updated my vow post to include the bio and unit history.  The two write-ups kind of ran together, but I trust that the total length of 580 words will suffice to satisfy both tasks?  Oh, and the models have arrived at my FLGS, I'll be picking them up tomorrow (monday) night...so I'll have the bare metal pic up soon!

Archived