Regiments of the B&C: One for All

Kierdale

A question for the Mods:

Id love to enter but my imperial guard project is a fully mounted rough rider platoon (apocalypse formation) so I don't have a standard infantry troop choice. Can I enter a rough rider from my 8th Bolskani Jaguars?

No problem if I can't but let me know if you run a rough rider competition :-)

Here's a photo of my entry:

Guardsman First Class Kutam Yokor, 1st Shigan Assault Regiment, Golwyn Strike Corps.

I've updated my original post as well smile.png.

Added a filter to spice it up a bit.

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a612/Maelarion/Imperial%20Guard/KutamYokor_zpsa046fe1b.jpg

Im up for this!

Veteran Trooper Luggan of the Artekan Heavy 10's

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g473/Adavers/76c7e4f3-06de-4a34-8e61-fec5177c0458_zpsb1c69148.jpg

Fear not the moldies will be purged, before he gets a paint on

The Yak , where did you get that head?

@Brother Lorien: The head comes from the classic Storm Troopers from years ago. You can see the plastic sprue that Valkyrie Undead used on page 2 of this thread. They used to do a melta gunner, a plasma gunner and 2 sergeants in metal.

I think this one comes from the melta gunner (as I have a badly decapitated body in my bits box). I will be using a few of the new scions head to complete the sqaud. Funny thing is a few hours ago I was innocently putting together a single miniature for this competition. Now I have an entire armoured company planned.....

Trooper text added below (will edit my original post to include it there too)

The Soldiers:

Trooper Hilltop [pic capt. ref 345526. First day of defence - 5.5 hrs standard]

Hilltop was a ganger of the armageddon gang formally known as Smelt Shift 9 (SS9). He was a skilled fighter, with records indicating his strength was comparable to that of a small ork. This led to him gaining respect in SS9, so when the gang was 'recruited' into the 4th to make up the 2nd platoon, he was made a corporal for his squads 2nd fireteam.Trooper Hilltop had the glorious honour of the Armageddon Militia 4th to be the first of the 1500 volunteers to give his life for the emperor, while making his way to the walls with his company to defend the Hive, thus redeeming him in the eyes of the emperor. Status:KIA

Veteran Thrash [pic capt. ref 345790. First day of defence + 83 days standard]

Thrash was from SS9 before joining the good fight against the xenos invaders. His bulk and clumsy nature made him unsuitable for factorum work, and his criminal tendencies made him ideal for the 4th, if only to keep him away from the civilian population. Due to gang structure being taken into consideration for the Militia when it was formed, Thrash was brought in as a trooper, having served SS9 as street muscle. Since then he has precurred himself a shotgun, and has had outstanding praise be sung of him when he saved a preacher and 2 of his accolytes by fearlessly charging a group of 3 orks who were surrounding them. This breach of protocol has marked thrash for review after the conflict as this act could well have endangered the rest of his squad. Status:MIA

Armegeddon Militia 4th [Excerp from 'Service History records, officer diaries' and 'scholar essays on Armegeddon']

The Militia 4th was recruited from the gangs of Armegeddons Hive Primus. While this was from a number of gangs, each gang was given a platoon so that pre-induction rivalries would be kept to a minimum. On record, this has worked with 100% efficency, however off the books, several commissars have open investigations regarding a number of deaths before the battle even began. Nothing has been proven so far, but fear not citizen, imperial justice will see through. The Militia numbered 1505 men upon induction, split between 8 platoons of approx 120 troopers each that were recruited from gangs (Seamstresses, SS9, Blue street, Dust Barrons, Engels, Outriders, Grand street shuffle and the Mailto), with the remaining troopers forming a consript platoon of indentured factory workers, pit slaves and other assorted techincal personnal.

The Militia 4th last orders (along with elements of Catachan 'Ork hunters', cadian 1029th, and the entirety of Militia groups 17-24) were to clear the lower hive level 18 east district, there has been no contact for the last 17 days, leading officers to believe them destroyed by the greenskin menace. This however cannot be proven to date, and battles to this day go on in the lower levels, meaning that some of the regiments must still be alive (as of day of defence + 101 days standard)

Ok, I'll give it a shot!

Hereby submitting an entry for the PDF of Knight World, Verdant Secundus, 3rd Moon Garrison, Trooper Nathaniel 'Kneebone' Jones.

Not sure if I will get time to complete it but for now count me in. RL has been a right censored.gif lately. Oh and it will probably just be a cadian figure.

Nice work so far, interesting assortment of figures peoples!

My soldier is finishedsmile.png

The shoulder guards appearance has a fictional history as to why they look like they do. All of that will be explanaded in the Sviar world text that will follow. Both writings will come later. I'll probably put the stories in my Sviars page and leave a link in this topic page.

The photos aren't the best(sorry). I'll try to build some kind of a photoboth for the ETL.

In this photobucket gallery you'll find two pictures with a flash and two without plus a primed guardsman.

http://s1296.photobucket.com/user/Sviar/library/Bolter%20and%20Chainsword?sort=3&page=1

++By decree of PRÆFECT SOCIORUM, EXERCITUM IMPERARE, OSSIFRAGUS PRAECURSORIS and SALIATUS++

++Registration is now closed++

By the Emperor's decree

CMNS Arcturus A-652 and CMNS Stu

Good luck to everyone who has enlisted (including walter, because we're nice). To those who failed to report in time I hear the Techpriests are looking for you...

Its a space marine scout camo cloak folded up, Think its from either the bike or sniper sprue.

Then the fun bit... You know the double long pouches you get on both old and new tactical marines (the squarish one)? Well its one of those with another cut in half and glued alongside it (giving it 3 long pouches in total).

When all combined it looks like the forgeworld Tallarn sniper back pack, perfect for a veteran.

Once he is painted ill do a rear shot to show you more clearly.

Will participate, model and all other information will follow NLT 1. April

Hereby submitting an entry for Reinmarks Roughnecks.

Vicecorporal "Stiff", 2ic for 1st Sqd, 4th platoon, 1st company of the 72. Mechanized infantery batallion

Vicecorporal Stiff

Done a bit of fluff work. Heres the Bio bit for my entry.

Guardsman Raulke of the 43rd Octavian Rifles. Shown returning from the field. Mere hours before the pict was taken Raulke was involved in a dawn raid on a nearby Ork Encampment along with Bravo Platoon. What follows is a extract from Raulkes personal journal

The diary of Guardsmen Raulke 43rd Octavian Rifles

Today was the 1st day we were able to attack those stinking Orks.After three months of solid fighting were finally able to put an attack their way and by the Emperor's shiny throne was it a good day.I can still recall their feral voices in the gloom.

Slowly i crawled forwards through the dense foliage of the woodland floor. Each move rustling leaves, the sound inside my head magnified a hundred times by my heightened senses.
Surely they would hear me, surely they would expose our trap and catch us all cold.
I crept forward further, only another fifteen meters and i would be in position. Minutes pass slowly seeming like hours to my over active mind. Gradually i crawl into position, I look around and watch as the rest if my platoon takes up their positions along the banks beside the Ork encampment.
All in there are maybe fifty men from bravo platoon, mostly just lowly guardsmen, but leading this attack there are some senior guardsmen as well. On the left flank i can see Sgt.Chesham checking his men, making sure kit is secure as we do not want our position to be given away by a loose canteen rattling.On the right flank i can see Sgt.Loyden ushering the last of 3rd squad into their ambush positions, he glances over at me and smiles noticing my nervousness, it's encouraging but i still feel like a scared child.

How long has passed...only ten minutes...I do not know how long i can stand this waiting. Just laying here like a corpse waiting for the sun to rise and our moment to come.
I snap awake, oh no i fell asleep, god i hope nothings gone wrong.I check my watch...thank the Emperor only a minute or so gone.
I hear a noise to my right i pray it is not a Ork, slowly i look over and see it's only guardsmen Holt shifting uncomfortably.

04:45hours only five minutes to go until will launch our ambush on the Ork camp.I can hear them rousing, the guttural barks as they rouse their warriors.The smell is suffocating like decomposing meat and the smell of a thousand unwashed bodies.
I hear a noise ahead, glancing up i see a huge Ork strolling towards me. Oh no, oh no. he will see us and raise the alarm.I start to raise my lasgun ready to fire,20 more paces and he will be on top of us. Out of the corner of my eye i see Loyden wave me down, his signals telling me not too fire. I lower my lasgun and start to pray. The Ork stops a few meters away and starts to sniff the air. I am sure we are going to be discovered, but then he just turns away and heads back into camp.

04:49 hours.I reach down and clip my bayonet onto the lugs of my lasgun, slowly I check my webbing to ensure everything is done up nice and tight.I slide the safety off my gun and prepare to move, all along the line fifty other souls do the same. I mutter a quick prayer for the safe keeping of my soul to the Emperor.

04.50hours With a screaming war cry we launch our ambush on the Orks, I leap up out of my position and start to move forward, all fear is gone I only feel the rush of adrenaline.The Orks are bewildered as we charge out of the forest, most are not armed or even standing.
As I run forward I start to shoot, first to the left taking a greenskin in the jaw and sending it flying backwards into another. Then I notice another groping for a large cumbersome weapon, I drop to the floor, taking aim I start shooting whilst muttering a prayer for accuracy.
Time slows, I watch as my lasrounds buzz lazily through the early morning mist. I count several hits but the beast stays up, frantically I grope for a grenade, priming it,I hurl it towards my foe screaming 'frag out' to warn my comrades. As I watch the grenade slowly tumble through the air I pray, seconds later my prayers are answered by the concussion of the grenade .A bright blossom of smoke and flame flash out followed by mud wood and other unmentionable things.

Getting to my feet I look around, all over the forest floor lay dead and dying Orks. With a scream of triumph I realize I am alive and we have won .
Then slowly I turn and realization slams into me like a grav train. Lying just feet away is my brother. Speared through the side by a huge sword he looks like a stuffed pig, beside him is the body of a massive ork its mouth fused around the barrel of his lasgun. Behind them lie the bodies of more guardsmen, maybe 20 or more, I fall to my knees and start to cry.Why? why must good men die fighting scum like these.
I rouse from my reverie......no today was not a good day, it was just another day in another war.........

Archived