Regiments of the B&C: One for All

Kierdale

Just back from manoeuvres on Saipan and I'm glad to see so many completions!

To those who have ready failed: seek redemption in the ETL!

Spafe, I too love that Goliath-turned trooper!

So I've been writing(still do) about my Sviar worlds. And I haven't collected all about the armed forces in one place(the 300 words column), I hope thats ok? You'll have a clear picture of the organisation when you read it, if I manage to publish it in time(so much left).So far the Chapters with the information you seek is in:

Sviars history

Sviar 1 (the Skitarii among others)

Sviar 3(imperial Navy and more)

Olofs legacy( have't writen it yet though)

Armed forces(of course)(still unwriten)

The story about the Guardsman(haven't writen it yet)

And some little information in Sviar 2.

Sadly there isn't a chapter that is complete. I certainly have to cut much to have a small chance to get it done in time, so without further ado back to writ...ehum I mean back workteehee.gif

That's ok, it's all part of the Regiment's back story after all right?

I finished my model today, I will be completing my vow tomorrow :) Don't forget the challenge ends on Sunday those who have yet to post an image of their completed model!

Atrekan Heavy 10’s

The Atreka system sits on the northward boundaries of the segmentum Solar. The region is a focal point of military strength being close to the Angels of Fury Adeptus Astartes homeworld Ingiga as well as the Naval world of Archimedes III.

2 types of imperial guard regiments are drawn from the system, the armoured regiments from the heavily industrialised Arteka Primus, and the light infantry ranger regiments who are recruited from its jungle moon Arteka Nouveu.

**Militarum Note:

The naming and numbering of the regiments from Arteka Nouveu follows the standard Imperial guard custom. IE, the 78th Artekan Rangers. As is usual within the wide organisation of the imperial fighting forces each Ranger regiment has an unofficial nickname, so the 195th Artekan Rangers call themselves “The Spectres”, the 225th are known as the “Black Boots” and so on.

The Armoured regiments from Arteka Primus vary from this standard numeration protocol often adding a plural notifier to the end of their regimental number. IE, Artekan Heavy 101’ers. This adapted number moniker becomes the unofficial nickname of the Heavy regiments and guardsmen will often refer to themselves as this number. IE “I’m a 99’er! Shoot straight, talk straight”

The most prestigious and longest serving Artekan regiment is that of the Heavy 10’s. Famed throughout the sector for its well drilled armoured companies, the Heavy Ten’s pride themselves on being able to punch a hole through anything, whether it be fortified stone or heathen xenos flesh.

The Tens are renowned for their hard hitting sentinel squadrons, often heavily armoured and sporting hunter killer missiles and auto cannons. Many a foe has been tricked into concentrating on tackling the leman Russ squadrons only to be massacred from a flank charge of these deadly vipers followed by squads of Chimera borne veteran squads wreaking havoc with their melta weaponry and demolition charges.

The Tens often go into battle without helmets, wearing the black berets of valour as a sign of their fearlessness in the face of combat. The fact that they routinely enter battle in the armoured hulls of chimeras helps to compensate for this reckless battle practice. The veterans of the Tens are marked out by a red stripe upon their right shoulder guard and some wear the checker head band of honour. No squad numbers are painted on armour as the regiments of Arteka are highly superstitious of numbering. The only number a man or vehicle wears or bears is the heavy black numeral X, and this is borne with immense pride.

Colonel Ramone leads the Tens from his Leman Russ Vanquisher “Conquistador”. A shrewd thinker, Ramone hides his tactical acumen behind the front of a reckless scoundrel and many pompous Imperial Guard officers have little time for him when serving alongside the Tens. This suits Ramone fine as he has little time for their “High Cockalorum”.

The Tens are currently engaged fighting on the Belithium Front, part of the defence against the mass Ork incursions that have recently swamped the Segmentum Solar. Ramone’s regiment alongside the 8th Bolsckani Jaguars have been seconded to serve alongside the Raptors 5th company. Whilst this is certainly unconventional, the Tens have thrived serving under the direction of the charismatic and maverick Captain Chrysaetos. Ramone has been released of the dogmatic battle plans often forced upon him by pontifical halfwit Generals and been given the freedom to do what he does best... smash big holes in things.

Trooper Luggan WIP

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g473/Adavers/76c7e4f3-06de-4a34-8e61-fec5177c0458_zpsb1c69148.jpg

Trooper Luggan Finished

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g473/Adavers/a527e986-5ce7-4d13-839a-713254d95e10_zpsa4d639ca.jpg

Not for the first time in his brutal little existence, Trooper Luggan found himself thinking of Genevieve. The daughter of a kula-skin merchant from the upper habs, Genevieve had been the only thing that had mattered to Luggan in those distant days back in Jorran Spire. He thought fondly of the times when he had been a Ganger, a member of the Smut Tub Renegades no less. He chuckled to himself about how he used to think himself dangerous back then. What was it they used to call him again? Ah yes ‘Mini Pandemonium’. He made a decent living from his scams, drug running and general mischief. They were exciting times and Genevieve had loved a little rough. Well at least at first. His pleasant thoughts turned to thunder as he remembered the last time he saw her, canoodling with that jumped up little skip rat Posentine. “Get a job Luggan! Be a real Man! You can’t go on living like a Poontown Whopahooly , a woman needs a real man!” It was those words... Well he always liked to think it was the words and not the 12 bottles of Black Mamba that led to him signing up to join the Artekan Heavy Ten's.

He looked up from his reverie to the sight of the massed Orks. They were gearing up for another assault, he could feel it. He had fought Orks long enough to sense the dull ache in his stomach, almost a precursor to the bow wave of bestial aggression that followed their charge, practically as physical as the strength of the foul brutes themselves. Ghoman called it their waaagh magic. Ghoman liked to put a fancy spin on everything. Whatever it was, Luggan felt no fear, he was a Ten, A man of Arteka and he feared no greenskin.

A man of Arteka, ha. What would Genevieve think of him now? What would she make of his tales of bloodshed and horror? The vicious life of a guardsman doesn’t translate to fancy halls and tables, family life and children. Oh the tales of heroes and valour maybe, but not the grim reality of kill or be killed. What would she make of her youthfull lover now? Would she gaze lovingly into his eyes as he told her how he earned his Red Stripe, by blowing the legs of a spook that had infiltrated fort Nerion, would she clap and Whoop like Coombs does when he told her the part where he repeatedly impaled the beast with his bayonet, stabbing in a fury found only when faced with the simple choice of live or die? He didn’t need to give it much thought, she would be repulsed by the ‘man’ he had become. He laughed dryly at the pointlessness of his cycle of thought... Doesn’t matter. No one ever gets back to Arteka.

He was no fool he knew his destiny was to end up a dry husk on some forgotten world, remembered only by his fellow Tens, who would soon end up the same way. He had no grand dream like Ghoman, who believed he was one demolition charge throw away from earning his own world through right of conquest. Damn how could he be so naive, there’s more truth in Ork dung than it that piece of bog roll primer issued to all new recruits. Luggan frowned and raised his eyes; Ghoman’s not the full shilling anyway so probably not the best man to use as a moral compass; however Luggan had no doubts that the lunatic was always handy to be around when the censored.gif storm gets a brewing.

The sound of gunfire snapped Luggan back to attention. “Here it comes” yelled Sergeant Skarren “I don’t want to hear a word out of no one until we see their pretty little green arses scampering back where they came!” Luggan smirked and took up his position between Herms and Valtido. There was a blissfull simplicity to combat and it was times like this that he knew exactly who and what he was....

"Im a Ten baby.... Deal with it!"

A good read Yak, and well done for completing! :D I can tell he looks good even from the blurred picture ;)

For my part, here is the completed Corporal Isshin:

gallery_30308_3239_16770.jpg

I need to dig out the backgrounds I've written and do the last tweaks before I post them up :)

A Commissar is never late, he always arrives precisely when he means to msn-wink.gif I'll be completing my vow fully tomorrow morning!

I see you've put a better picture up Yak, he looks very good! The colour scheme is great, I like the extra touch of the white trim on his tunic smile.png

Here we go. My Astra Militarum stationed as planetary defense on the shrine world of Constantin's Rest. Rumored to be the final resting place of a great hero from the age of the Horus Heresy, the shrine world is about 50% churches and 50% graveyards. A sort of elephant graveyard for the faithful.

An observant soul would have noticed the Astartes gunship land at
the governor’s estate. That same observant soul might have noticed
that only a few days after that strange bunch of Astartes arrived
there was an abrupt change of government. Another observant soul
might have noticed some of the local clergy were missing from their
daily posts. Unfortunately for the populace of Constantin’s Rest,
there was not an observant soul among them.

When the Heralds of Plaguefather came, there was no resistance.
They captured the shrine world of Constantin’s Reach with not a
shot fired. Lord Skeletus himself and a squad of Plague Marines
landed at the governor’s palace. Quickly dispatching the follower
of the corpse-emperor, they replaced him with a devout follower of
the Plague God. From there, they went on to raid the monastery of the
Sisters of the Violet Rose. The sisters contingent, no more than a
token defense force at best, stood no chance of surviving the blight
grenades thrown through their chapel’s windows while they were at
daily prayer. With Nurgle’s blessed rot settling into their bodies,
the planet belonged to Chaos.

As for the population, it was easy to turn the multitude of
faithful devoted to the veneration of the dead into worshipers of the
very same. Apostate preachers spread across the planet bringing the
joyful news of eternal life and freedom from pain. The regiment of
Astra Militarum station on the world as a planetary defense force,
under sole control of the planetary governor after the demise of the
Ecclesiarchy forces, was easily swayed into the support of the Dark
Gods......

Now the Black Templars and Ultramarines attempt to rally the
remaining citizens loyal to the throne to drive the invaders off this
sacred world.

And as for Darien....

Darien looked to the bright morning
sky to see little flecks of black floating through the clouds. Since
the Heralds arrived, Astartes gunships and drop craft were a common
sight among the normally peaceful clouds of Constantin's Reach. But
these, he knew, were not the ships of those blessed by Nurgle.

Darien had always had a particular
knack for self preservation. Growing up on a shrine world, there are
only two paths for a young man. Join the clergy and become a man of
faith, or join the Guard and die a lonely miserable death. Neither
of these options appealed to Darien, but after some bribes and
politicking, he managed to land himself a role in the Planetary
Defense Force on his home planet. He was nice and far from any
possible action.

During his induction ceremony, his
platoon was paraded around the governor palace, and Darien as
awestruck by the opulence. He resolved then and there to rise as far
in the Guard as he could. He had made it all the way into the
platoon command squad when youthful enthusiasm and dreams began to
age away. Secretly not content with his station, he performed the
“grin-and-bear-it” that is so popular in the galaxy. When the
agent of Nurgle came to his world, Darien accepted them with open
arms. Here was his ticket to eternal life, no pain, and favor in the
eyes of his new patron god.

In the first skirmish with the Imperial
reinforcements, Darien took a las round to the shoulder. Rather than
have it treated, he let it fester and the Plaguefather has even saw
fit to bless him with a little of his sacred Rot.

Finally the model

*edit* apparently my iPhone has a potato for a camera.... maybe I'll get better pictures tomorrow. probably not whistling.gif

Well done Cato, that puts you straight in at Sergeant :) I find the trick is to take more than one picture just in case you fluff one :)

Speaking of which, I've just noticed I've missed something on my model so I'll go and fix that before sorting my backgrounds. I'll be back to post again shortly! :P

Much better, I missed the chest aquila and that just won't do. Bonus in that the light is much better today too:

gallery_30308_3239_23871.jpg

gallery_30308_3239_13591.jpg

gallery_30308_3239_22385.jpg

Last but not least the backgrounds, precisely when I meant to post them msn-wink.gif

Regiment:

I have only managed to spend precious few moments on my mission but I have made several discoveries. As you suspected the 144th Arukan is indeed the personal army of Inquisitor Lord [REDACTED]. I can not be sure if the regiment was formed by him or merely requisitioned permanently there can be no doubt: Veteran companies proudly display his crimson colours on their left shoulder and soldiers openly refer to themselves as "The Inquisitor's Own". I have been unable to discern the exact details but this appears to be because the Inquisitor favours using this regiment when he wishes to lead a campaign personally.

Despite my brief time here it is clear that the regiment is large, highly trained and formidably disciplined. It is also very well equipped, I believe this is a direct result of the Inquisitor's actions we previously shadowed on Forge World [REDACTED], there is far more vehicular support than is normal for a regiment even of this size and I have reason to believe they also have access to rarer war machines including the blessed Baneblade and variants.

The soldiers have exemplary morale and a strong if simple faith in the God-Emperor; they can and should be kept for service to the Throne however their loyalty to the Inquisitor will not be soon removed. Their commander Lord Firionel is reputed to be part of a house of generals bred and trained exclusively to lead and his soldiers are devoted to him and his style of leadership. Given records indicate [REDACTED] himself set these houses up [REDACTED] ago, it is prudent to expect Firionel's loyalty to [REDACTED] to be beyond any coercion. He would have to be removed along with his staff, including a yet unknown number of bodyguards.

I still believe it is possible to achieve our goals but [REDACTED] is strengthening his position and will soon be beyond our capability to counter. I implore you to act soon before any discreet measures become impossible. I fear that if whispers of his ties with the [REDACTED] Chapter and the Knight House [REDACTED] are true it is already too late - with the assets at his disposal he could act with impunity and all our sacrifices would be for nought. I urgently await your instruction.

++++++ NOTES ++++++
I've redacted parts as is standard security procedure [code: KUR01] so we can retain the record. I'm not sure why his Lordship is letting this spy keep reporting back but we should as always defer to his judgement. You don't live as long as him without picking up a few tricks and as his acolytes we are here to do his bidding, right? I've informed Firionel and he was more bemused than concerned, so I gather this is not unusual. We are to keep him informed of developments (remember the 9LANC cypher expires tomorrow at 2700hrs).

We've been given strict instructions to maintain our close eye on this spy [REF: BR-K12], but if we can catch a few more spies than the other cells we can probably snatch that promotion. The regiment is moving out soon so we'll likely be reassigned, might as well try and make for a better placement if we can. I want to see some action! Let me know if you have any ideas, the Inquisitor himself will be making planet fall in 3 days (local standard) so this could be our chance to make a good impression.

ps last I heard Calistiria was assigned as heading Firionel's bodyguard? I'd feel sorry for this guy if he ran into her... We still on for drinks tonight? I've got that amesac that need finishing.

- C

+++ Thought for the day: The price of victory is always less than the cost of defeat +++

Trooper:

Sir,

I am completing this commendation for Corporal Isshin [sERIAL: P1L-1242-5784-2441-2377-73-5] for acts of valour during the Zoreic Campaign [bATREF: 144-PU-1024-ZOR1-2548-125-1]. Our position was under heavy attack by the traitors during the early weeks of the war and we were barely able to hold our ground. Corporal Isshin immediately leapt up to the upper battlements of the ruins - unmanned as they were exposed to enemy fire - and used the vantage point to pick off enemy gunners with his Longlas. Through eliminating hostiles and attracting fire himself - sustaining several serious wounds - he reduced suppression enough so our heavy gunners could train their weaponry effectively.

By allowing our gunners to make their shots the enemy lost the majority of their anti-tank capability, enabling our supporting armoured column to commence their attack ultimately resulting in successfully capturing the sector and routing the enemy. Were his actions even minutes later we would have faced ruin as the enemy was attempting to suppress the area as they made an assault. Their advance was caught exposed by our armoured spearhead and destroyed. Our casualties were light and the enemy suffered annihilation; by the time their reinforcements arrived victory was long ours and we awaited them in ambush [bATREF: 144-PU-1024-ZOR1-2548-125-2]. Though still gravely injured Corporal Isshin fought in the successful ambush defence, claiming scores of confirmed kills including 5 enemy officers.

Though this would be a loss to our platoon I believe he would do more for the regiment and God-Emperor in a Veteran company. Please consider him for this transfer, his faith is strong and his aim true; we would be honoured to have one of ours inducted to the elite companies.

All things in service to the God-Emperor. Your humble servant,

Major Tadano
26th Company, 6th Platoon

+++ Thought for the day: Serve the Emperor today; tomorrow you may be dead +++

Now to go and update the challenge table to promote myself tongue.png It's looking quite good, let's see if we can get everyone completing before the deadline tomorrow! biggrin.png

Trooper Theric Aidds of the 13th Paradise Freeborn; 'Katrin's Own' reporting for muster as ordered Sir!

gallery_36568_8738_21619.jpg

PERSONAL HISTORY:

Trooper Theric Aidds was born to be a soldier, or so he always told anyone whom was willing to listen and many who weren’t. Enlisting in the Paradise 13th was, to him, a destiny long since decided. Although he served with exemplary discipline and courage in the face of the enemy he was regarded as unsuitable for officer material. Placed in the 452nd Platoon under Sergeant Winters Theric proved a valuable soldier, although his bragging nature didn’t win him any friends.
Theric was one of the many soldiers assigned to the defence of Hive Primus on Ythran V during the assault of Hive Fleet Titan. Along with the rest of his platoon he was stationed at the Cathedral of One Hundred Martyrs. He is currently listed as MIA, presumed KIA when the Cathedral fell but no remains were ever positively identified.

REGIMENT DATAFILE

The planet of Paradise was first discovered during the Great Crusade. Listed as an inhospitable desert world with sparse dry trees and countless vicious and lethal creatures is was classified as a Death World and unsuitable for colonisation. Shortly there-after it was decided the world would make an ideal prison world and so countless criminals were shipped to the isolated planet from all over the Imperium. The criminals took to calling the planet Paradise, as an attempt at tongue-in-cheek humour. With the chaos following the Heresy and the Age of Strife that was too follow contact was lost with the world and it was promptly forgotten in all the troubles that beset the fractured Imperium at that time.
It wouldn’t be until the arrival of the Star Leopards Astartes Chapter would contact be re-established. The Chapter, tasked with the elimination of a secessionist empire in the area. When the Chapter arrived they found Paradise an island of Imperial control amongst a sea of heresy. Facing the threat of conquest the planetary governor had freed the planets prisoners with a promise of full freedom and pardons if they fought off the invaders. And so the planet had held out for generations as the children of prisoners and wardens took up arms, each taking on the burdens of the forefathers sins. When the planet was finally freed from assault the Astartes honoured the promise made to them and thus the 1st Paradise Freeborn was born. Having known nothing but fighting their whole life many of the planets inhabitants simply reenlisted and it has been somewhat of a tradition ever since.
Freeborn regiments are known for their dedication and reliability and the 13th is no different. Known by the extra adage of ‘Katrin’s Own’ they bear the name of their General proudly. An unsurprising fact after she was given the role of Lord General of the newly formed Battlegroup Ascendant.

Well they are loosely based on the ANZACs (Australia and New Zealand Army Core) specifically those whom fought in the First and Second World War.  When I eventually do the army properly the colour scheme may change and they will for the most part be modeled with slouch hats etc.  That and I am definitely including a Rough Rider division based on the heroic 1st Light Horse Brigade.

Annoyingly, I'm going to miss the deadline for completing my model. Remodelling our kitchen is taking longer than I thought and my paints are packed away while the work goes on. Can I still add my pictures and stories to the thread after the completion deadline?

The regiment may have to face dishonour, but while they fight on they may redeem themselves in duty. (At least once the commissars have had a quiet word with the officer corps ;-) )

Archived