One list to rule them all

Demus Ragnok

So I was thinking today about all the new releases of late for 40k and all the power combos that people are talking about on the interwebs and I began to wonder.

Just what would be the most WAAC power armored list possible.

I know WAAC is more a mentallity than an army build.

But for the player that may "need" (want) to bring a list that lends that player every possible statistical advantage.

What would you bring? For the sake of thought experiment. The things that came to my mind were;

Iron Hands chapter master on bike, divination Inquisitor and Grav Centurions.

I've no idea where to begin to make those things into a "totally over powered list" though.

So what say you ?

I don't think there I such a thing as "the" marine list. A large part of that is GW did a pretty good job writing the latest marine codex. Some units are some are bad but all in all is pretty balanced.

If your talking about what is the marine version of the seerstar? Well you start from the font of all broken things in 40k...allies. Seriously though a majority of what your talking about depend heavily on allies.

To lists, we are talking some sort of death star no escalation cause the competitive community has largely rejected it.

Marine Death star type 1 are the scars/bike lists. T5, 4+ cover, tl, str 5 HoW etc. Grav guns, relentless. Ive read forge world chapter tactics allies w/ apothecary's instead of sergeants are popular. Of course khan.

Marine Death star type 2 are built around grav cents and tiggarius. With an allied character of either coteaz or tau ovestar cents. This is all bout the psychic powers or unit buffs. TL, invulns, invis, ignore cover...you get the idea.

Then both lists will toss in a meat beast CM or captain. Usually on a bike, 2+ armor, shield eternal, thunder hammer or teeth of Terra is your short on points, and some sort of melta bomb or digital weapons, or auspix if you have a few extra points to spend.

What i'd bring?

Let me introduce you to:

Sy's White Scars KHAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!! List

HQ:
Khan w Moondrakkan - 150

Elites:
Assault Termies - 5 man - 2 TH/SS, 3 LC - 210
- Land Raider w MM - 260

Assault Termies - 5 man - 2 TH/SS, 3 LC - 210
- Land Raider w MM - 260

Troops:
Biker Squad - 5 Bikers - 2 Grav Guns - 135

Fast Attack
Attack Bike Squadron - 2 bikes - MM - 110
Attack Bike Squadron - 1 bike - MM - 55
Attack Bike Squadron - 1 bike - MM - 55

Total: 1850
Scoring Units: 4
Model Count: 37

It's got everything you need, tons of anti-tank, tons of anti-infantry, you can still bring down flyers with the TL-Lascannons, and even if you don't they'll be hard pressed to try and kill enough of your bikers (except maybe a Helldrake, but even that can be dealt with if you play correctly).

Everything scouts, everything is mobile, everything hurts. The best part is, you don't have to rely on "Cheese" like centurions.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived