Phoenix Warriors 3rd Company "Indomitable 3rd"

AnvilofFenris

Hi all, this is my first attempt at putting some of my finished models on here. The photography isnt quite up to the standards of some on here, but hopefully its good enough to get an idea of what things look like! This is going to be a log as I complete work on my DIY Salamanders successors, the Phoenix Warriors, mostly the 3rd company with support elements from the 1st. C & C welcome, hope its worth a look!

gallery_63103_9392_175938.jpg

This it what i have completed so far, including a Company Champion, Chaplain, half Tactical squad, Vanguard squad, Sternguard squad, and a Storm Talon. I got a bit carried away with Sternguard!

Veteran Brother Hanka, Company Champion

Hanka front

Hanka rear

Hanka top

My Company Champion and test model, Veteran Brother Hanka. The colour scheme is an evolution of an idea I had waaay back in 2nd edition, but with more black, and less yellow than it had back then!

They do, indeed, look great. I would love to see close-up pictures of everything as it's a bit hard to make out (what look like) conversions. The Stormtalon conversion is inspired.

I have got some close up pics of everything, I didn't want to swamp the thread with pics straight off! The Storm Talon conversion is relatively straight forward, as long as you have a spare Punisher cannon hanging around! The Company champ is fairly heavily converted, and the Chaplain is a mild conversion of the Legion of the Damned Sergeant, who I'll try to put some close ups of on soon now!

Chaplain Kyris, front

Chaplain Kyris, right side

Chaplain Kyris, left side

Hopefully clicking the images should open the images into bigger pictures, im afraid i cant get my camera much closer without having things get blurry.

The bases look to be quite the low investment with high reward! Looks more or less like a strip or two of riveted plastic strip with some metallics drybrushed on top? Makes for a decent and simple space hulk effect.

Nice stuff! thumbsup.gif I'll have to get around to actually painting a few of my orange Sallies Successors after seeing these! laugh.png

The bases look to be quite the low investment with high reward! Looks more or less like a strip or two of riveted plastic strip with some metallics drybrushed on top? Makes for a decent and simple space hulk effect.

They certainly are! A plasticard circle on the top of the base, with a few strips of thinner plasticard, drilled to look riveted, and the odd piece of mesh for flavour!

Freakiq, closer pics of the individual squad members will be incoming.

Aquilanus, glad I can inspire, the orange is quite rewarding to paint.

Sanguine, the skull helmet was too good pass up, and i've got the rest of the LotD squad scattered through my Sternguard.

For now, a few pics of "Pyre Hawk", my converted Storm Talon

Pyre Hawk top

Pyre Hawk side

Stormtalon "Pyre Hawk" side

Pyre Hawk cockpit

Pyre Hawk front

Here are some close ups of the first half-tactical squad I have completed. The Veteran Sergeants crest is green stuffed, and the Mk 4 helm was done following the fine tutorial put up by Gawain Veteris.

Veteran Sergeant Fornix, front

Veteran Sergeant Fornix, left

Veteran Sergeant Fornix, right

The other Tacticals are mostly unconverted, apart from a few little add-ons from the Death Company box, and the Melta gunners flame armour trim, which is green stuff.

Fornix Tactical w/bolter 2

Fornix Tactical w/Meltagun

Fornix Tactical reloading

Fornix Tactical w/bolter 1

Heres my Vanguard Veteran Squad, using the Sanguinary Guard kit. I wanted my veterans to have more ornate weapons and armour than the regular Marines, and the Blood Angels kits have got some nice pieces in them!

Sergeant

Vanguard Sergeant Ignus, front

Vanguard Sergeant Ignus, right

Vanguard Sergeant Ignus, left

Vanguard Sergeant Ignus, rear

• 4 months later...

Thanks to everyone for the likes and comments, I guess i'd better post some more! These guys, along with Sergeant Obler, were my first five Sternguard that were made using the Death Company box. Some really good bits on there to get that veteran flavour.

Sternguard w/ Combi-melta

Sternguard w/Bolter 1

Sternguard w/ Bolter 2

Sternguard w/ Bolter 3

These four are from the Legion of the Damned set that I took my Chaplain from, very little conversion, bar the flame on the combat knife, which was green stuffed.

Sternguard w/ Bolter and Knife

Sternguard w/ Bolter 4

Sternguard w/ Bolter and Grenade

Sternguard w/ Flamer

And this one was made from spare parts I had knocking around to bring the squad up to ten (before the new Sternguard box was released!)

Sternguard w/Bolter 5

Archived