The Golgothan 7th Legion. Taurox done.

Andhil

I've been meaning to get down here for a while now, and with the incoming codex, now's the time.

First a short rather long introduction to the 7th Legion.

Homeworld: Golgotha

Homeworld status:++Perditas++

Strength: Unknown, atleast 2 companies reported.

The Golgothan Legion is a strange case. They call themselves the 7th Legion, but no other Golgothan Legions have been reported, and no records exist of any Golgothan Legions being founded at all.

There is alot of mistrust towards the 7th as reports of encounters are always accompanied by reports of missing materiel.

The Golgothans never reply to any accusations made by other Regiments. Even when a Regiment claims to recognize one of it's own vehicles it is still denied by the Legion, claiming they "found" the vehicle, which was left "unattended".

Another point causing distress is their never dwindling numbers. The Golgothans never appear under strength, and because their Homeworld is lost, no reserves can be sent from there.

This has led to accusations claiming the Golgothans are Renegades, walking the line of Chaos. A few inquisitors attempted to investigate these claims, but most have been actively blocked by the Ecclisarchy. Only one reached the Legion. His report described the Golgothans as: "Loyal and faithful citizens of the Imperium".

In truth, the Golgothans do "aquire" weapons and equipment from other Regiments, but this is their only option as they do not have ties to the Mechanicus. Their recruitment methods are unorthodox, but effective. The Legion picks up Troopers who fell behind, and absorb depleted Regiments. None of the "adopted" members is disadvantaged, as most of them can finally rise to the stations higher than they could in their own regiments. This has occasionally led to Privates suddenly becoming a Sergeant in a squad that includes their former General as a Private.

The Legion is currently a part of the Black Templars Golgotha Crusade.

Notable members of the Legion:

Maximillian: Seneschal of the Golgotha Legion and Commander of the 1st Company.

Fernandez: Commander of the 2nd Company. Former Cadian

Micha: Captain of 1st Company's 1st Platoon. Former Valhallan

Marcus: Sergeant of the Stormtrooper unit "Marcus' Madmen."

Karl-Heinz: Veteran Sergeant and Demolitions expert.

Og: Bone 'Ead.

Regiment Doctrine: Heavy Weapons, Demolitions, Urban Warfare (2nd Company)

Specific Traits:

The Legion is extremely Gung-ho and Trigger Happy. The love big guns, and aren't above fielding the biggest and most brutal weapons even when it isn't required, one infamous rumour speaks of a Squadron of Banewolves being used against the feudal population of Bruges VII when an emmisary was shot by an arrow.

Here's some pictures of the Legion:

1st Comp. 1st Platoon Banner

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv325/Elcundil/Golgotha%20Crusade/S1032256.jpg

2nd Comp. 1st Platoon Banner

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv325/Elcundil/Golgotha%20Crusade/S1032257.jpg

"Fenrir" Bane Wolf attached to 1st Comp.

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv325/Elcundil/Golgotha%20Crusade/S1032254.jpg

"Sleipnir" Chimera attached to Marcus' Madmen (Left: Punisher "Wodan")

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv325/Elcundil/Golgotha%20Crusade/S1032252.jpg

"Mjolnir" Command Basilisk of the "Thundergod" battery (Left: "Heimdallr")

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv325/Elcundil/Golgotha%20Crusade/S1032251.jpg

"Loki" Lead Battle Tank

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv325/Elcundil/Golgotha%20Crusade/S1032250.jpg

Marcus' Madmen Stormtrooper unit.

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv325/Elcundil/Golgotha%20Crusade/S1032249.jpg

The Reaper Marksmen. (Ratling counts as.)

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv325/Elcundil/Golgotha%20Crusade/S1032248.jpg

Og's Troublemakers (Og has a helmet, converted from a Defiler face plate.) Vendetta "Gemini" in background.

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv325/Elcundil/Golgotha%20Crusade/S1032245.jpg

Full Armoured Might assembled. (Top, Left to right: "Gemini" Vendetta "Ragnarok" Deathstrike, "Heimdallr", "Mjolnir", "Orion" Valkyrie. Middle: "Wodan", "Sleipnir", "Fenrir". Bottom: "Freyr" Demolisher, "Hel" Eradicator.

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv325/Elcundil/Golgotha%20Crusade/S1032241.jpg

The Assembled 7th Legion.

Right to left: 1st Comp. 1st Platoon, 2nd Comp. 1st Platoon.

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv325/Elcundil/Golgotha%20Crusade/S1032237.jpg

That's it for the pictures for now, I might get some better pics of the Infantry models later.

Anyway, I wanted this thread because I've been getting alot of games in with my BT lately, and the urge to play IG again is getting too hard too ignore. As I've found reading batreps is highly motivational to paint, model and play that army, I wanted to get a thread for WIP's and Batreps.

While I haven't got any games planned at the moment, I might be able to squeeze one in soon. And when the new codex hits....well, let's just say my BT's will take a backseat on the gaming front! Anything else requires some cool new models (those Scions might do, but that depends on how good Stormies get. The Bullgryns are tempting though, I like my Ogryns. And the Taurox....Let's not talk about the Taurox, ok? tongue.png

(For those Black Templar Brothers reading this, don't worry, I'm still competing as BT for the ETL III. Mainly because I don't have any IG models left to do.)

Some upcoming projects for my IG:

-Verrückt-pattern Valkyrie. Think Valkyrie-Thunderbolt II "Warthog" combo.

-A third Basilisk.

-MOAR Lemans!biggrin.png

-Possibly Scions

++May the Emperor protect you, and your men!++

Thank you all for the lovely comments. teehee.gif They've changed alot over these few short years, but the way they are now is my favourite. I really enjoy the Banners with the crosses, simple but oh, so effective.

@Warriorfish: Oh, I started this collection almost 4 years ago (Exactly 4 years ago this thursday.) when I started 40K and IG at my 18th birthday. And only this last year I've been working on my Templars seriously, so about 3 years of collecting, modelling and painting. With ample breaks in between. ph34r.png

I'm a pretty fast painter, but I do every model individually, I hate assembly line work. It's taken me some time. Even now I'm not really done, as I've got 1 more Heavy Bolter Team, 1 Autocannon Team and my Aegis Line to finish. blush.png

I'm seriously contemplating new additions, but I'm holding off until the new codex drops. I'm hearing some chatter about a Tank Commander as HQ though. wink.png

Gentlemen,

I come with news, news of impending war.

Tomorrow, as an anniversary battle for the 7th Legion's 4th Founding (Birth-)Day, I will face the Dark Eldar. 3K pts per player. The last time I faced them was late 5th ed, early 6th, so it's been a while, but I'm sure that the Guard will come out on top. laugh.png

The 4 Lemans I'm bringing will see to that. Assuming off course, that my opponent's Dark-Lance rolls are still as bad as they used to be. No kidding, those things hardly ever hit one of my vehicles, and when it did, it'd fail to pen/glance. Oddly enough, they always hit and killed when fired at Infantry. huh.png

Seriously though, I'm really looking forward to this game, it's been a while since I played my IG with Lemans. Just have to remember to use the Orders. tongue.png

As this is a pretty memorable game, being the anniversary of the Legion, I will get a batrep up as soon as time permits tomorrow. Which might be hard considering the fact that 4 years ago, I started 40K and IG on my 18th birthday. So, I don't need to say more, I imagine.msn-wink.gif

Good luck! Remember that orders must be issued at the start of the shooting phase before you do anything else, and go from CCS first to PCS. Regarding your perfidious foe they can have a few tricks up their sleeves but nothing you shouldn't be able to handle as 6th wasn't particularly kind to them. I expect to hear word of your glorious victory soon! :D

Greetings fellow Guardsmen!

As mentioned earlier, today I faced the Dark Eldar. It was a glorious fight, and lots of stuff happened, actually, too much stuff happened, so I kinda forgot to write down most stuff, but I'll make this work.

@Warriorfish: I nailed the Orders. It all came back once the first Shooting turn began. I can still tell this is my first army, and probably my favorite one too. I love my BT, but I fear I am a Guardsman at heart. (but don't tell my BT Battle-Brothers. wink.png)

++Journal Day 2245++

++Written by Karl-Heinz, Veteran Sergeant, Golgothan 7th++

Been tracking Dark Eldar all week. CO says they'll come out soon, ordered us to dig in, and get ready. No fancy objectives this time, just kill them before they kill us. Suits me just fine. Me and the boys are being Air-dropped again, thank the Emperor "Orion" was assigned to us. Basic Valkyrie pattern. Hah, poor Wagner and his Vets got the short end again, being Air-dropped just as us, 'cept they get to ride "Gemini" beautiful Vendetta that, but always seems to attract more fire. (Mission: Purge the Alien)

++Journal Day 2246++

++Written by Karl-Heinz, Veteran Sergeant, Golgothan 7th++

By the Emperor, what a fight. Been talking to Ol' Muller again. He was there from the start.

They came at dawn. We saw them first, and boy did we give them hell.

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv325/Elcundil/IG%20Batreps/S1032543.jpg

++Orbital pict-capture of the Golgothan line, pre-battle++

Muller got deployed right next to "Loki", said it blew a Venom to bits with it's first shot. Appearantly "Hel" did the same to a Raider. Brave crew that, Nova cannons aren't known for their Armour Piercing capabilities. Hah, guess what: "Blind" Bernard and his sniper team took down a Cronos. Better said, Bernard's squad took down that thing. Poor lad couldn't hit an immobile Baneblade at 5ft with aim like his.

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv325/Elcundil/IG%20Batreps/S1032546.jpg

Casualties were light at first, they just sped at us. Threw down some weird Portal thing.http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv325/Elcundil/IG%20Batreps/S1032548.jpg

Just after that, we got the order. Throne, I keep forgetting how cramped it is in the inside of a Valkyrie. (Note to self: tell Schneider to lay off the beans before combat.) We stayed up for a while, strafing the enemy. "Gemini" took out a Ravager. Bet the Tankers down there were grateful for that. Especially "Wodan" who made a right mess of the winged guys. That didn't sit right with "Hel"s crew though. Took out a group of xenos infantry cowering behind cover. Guess they didn't know what a Nova Cannon is.

Shorly after, Wagner and his guys went down on Grav chutes. None of them made it. Those damned xenos flew a plane right through them. (Sort of true story. They scattered right on top of the Voidraven's base.)

"Gemini" went down short after. Hovered down to get a better shot. Took a couple blasters to the rear. We also lost "Wodan" and "Freyr", the latter took more punishment than it should have, but eventually it's hull failed. "Wodan" got hit by 10 Haywire nades. It takes a lot less for most tanks to get down.

Then, finally, our turn. We went down, and by the Emperor. Their big chief brought a couple of giant....things with him. Not natural. Like multiple human-likes stitched together to make one huge...grotesque thing. We gave them all we had, but my Demo charge got whacked aside, didn't do a thing. 2 of our Melta's malfunctioned. in short, we were in deep. Last thing I remember is getting sprayed by some sort of flamer apparatus that fired creepy gooey stuff, killed most of my guys. Lucky I made it out myself.

Muller and the rest of his Platoon unleashed all they had on those guys, but still one broke through, and tore up Muller's squad. He's just happy his Heavy Bolter still works. Said that beast got it's fill after getting blasted by 3 Autocannons.

Didn't stop some other modified Human-ish things (Wracks according to Capt. Fernandez.) from flanking Loki and ramming a splinter rifle through the view port. After that, the Dark Eldar withdrew. We counted our dead, and tallied our kills. CO said we did a fine job.

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv325/Elcundil/IG%20Batreps/S1032553.jpg

++Orbital Pict-capture, minutes before the Dark Eldar withdraw.++

++Journal End++

Final Tally: IG 23-20 DE

Victory goes to the Imperial Guard!

First of all, Warriorfish was right. 6th wasn't kind to Dark Eldar (and honestly, that's putting it lightly). I never felt like I was losing this match, but again, most of the Dark Lances failed, and when they didn't my Tanks suffered minor damage, easily repaired by my 2 Techpriests.

It was a pretty fun game (but winning always is.tongue.png) and some units really performed well for me, and some didn't. My Flamer Vets crashing to the ground was sad, but then again, my Ratling snipers won first blood, my Mortar teams reaped a bloody tally, and most of my firebase was still alive.

Once again, I'm astounded by how effective the Eradicator ("Hel") is, even though I personally love Punishers. (Throne, I hope they get cheaper in next codex. biggrin.png)

Appearantly, my opponent forgot how long an IG shooting turn lasts. At 3K pts, the answer is: Long. Very, very, very long. And I can honestly say I did miss having overwhelming firepower. I've had good fun playing the Guard again, and I'm happy I got to play this, probably last, match with this IG codex. May we play many more with the upcoming C:AM! thumbsup.gif

Randomness: Sometimes, my group discusses fun, and less fun lists, for fun. Today I mentioned to our Ork player that with a Double FOC I could actually field 18 Basilisks. biggrin.png His face, was gold.

Anyway, I hope you guys (and girls) enjoyed the report somewhat.

Huzzah! Congratulations on the win smile.png Your opponent would have done better if the table had more cover on, a bit of larger terrain and LoS blocking stuff always makes battles more interesting and fairer. Good to see the Eradicator doing well too, one of my favourite tanks and sadly undervalued - same with Mortars!

I'll direct people to your post as proof I know what I'm talking about when I start rabbiting on about things tongue.pngwhistlingW.gif

I love my BT, but I fear I am a Guardsman at heart. (but don't tell my BT Battle-Brothers. wink.png)

We all are comrade, we all are msn-wink.gif

True about the cover, but we use that other method described in the book, the one where you roll a D3 for every 24"x24" square of board. Tends to keep it interesting, and avoids arguments.

Yeah, the Eradicator and Mortars are great. Cheap and effective.

I seldom leave home without a Mortar squad, cheap and numerous is how I like my Guard :) We still use the old method of filling a quarter of the table with terrain, sometimes a bit more if there's several smaller/low profile bits and then shuffling it about to make something interesting. If there's a third party around (there usually is) we get them to do it for us. Then if both players agree the game starts - works well I think.

Well played, sir. Gave those Xenos scum the old heave ho and what not. Imperial armor proves its superiority against xeno pleasure craft.

I've always wanted to try the Eradicator but I'm addicted to the Demolisher Cannon! and don't want to lose one for something that isn't Str 10 or AP 2. Mortar though, always fun. Think you might try the Wyvern out?

Hmmm....Perhaps. But it really depends on how everything looks in the new codex. I'm eyeing Tank Commanders, and the Scions look cool too. It's going to be an expensive year I reckon. Ohh..and the Hydra. That thing looks beast. pinch.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Managed to get my codex yesterday. Limited edition looks awesome. I do admit that part of the motivation towards the Limited ed. was my dislike of Commisars. So it really helps my front cover doesn't show that. wink.png

I also got these fellows:

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv325/Elcundil/Golgotha%20Crusade/S1032558.jpg

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv325/Elcundil/Golgotha%20Crusade/S1032559.jpg

Gorgeous models, really fun to paint, as expected, they look really mean in the Golgothan black and grey scheme. I do have a small tip for anyone who wants some of these: Don't glue the shields on immediately. Paint the model first. Lots of hard-to-reach places there. I made that mistake in my excitement. Live and learn, I guess. laugh.png

Either way, tomorrow will be my first test-match, and I'll be testing out pretty much everything new. Specifically the Wyvern, a Tank Commander, Priest and Techpriests and obviously, the Bullgryns. Oh, and the new Deathstrike! woot.gif

I will report my findings after the battle, but I won't be making a full batrep, I'll be busy enough with the new rules and stuff. thumbsup.gif

I like their Bane masks, I'm going to give mine berets. Probably make the tank tracks look more like armoured plates rather than actual tracks too (don't the tanks want them back?). Good luck with your game, I hope the Deathstrike reaps a fine tally!

Yeah, I'm probably going to add more guys to that squad, and I'm going to give the Bone 'Ead the armour that Nork has. Because it's cooler and it'll make him stand out. First however, I need to find out if a mixed squad of Slabshields and Mauls/Brute shields work, else they'll all get Slabshields.

I had to go for the gasmasks. They'll be teaming up with my Scions (Kasrkin) so the gasmasks tie them nicely together.

Thanks, I too hope the game goes well. I'm actually looking forward to seeing the Wyvern perform. The fluff entry won me over, and if it performs on the table, oh, boy, auto-include. It's got that Overkill-feel that fits with the Golgothan theme. laugh.png

I'm waiting for pay day to roll around before swooping on models. I may be quite busy over this ETL, but I'm already taking notes from what I see people doing. In some ways it has been a blessing to be late to the new model party.

Wyverns will be good, take a couple of them and you've a cheap battery that will put the pain on infantry. I'm sure people will soon be learning to fear it!

@Warriorfish: I know what you mean. I just couldn't resist getting those Bullgryns. laugh.png The rest will follow, depending on how they perform. Although the Wyvern seems like it's on the top of the list, followed by a Punisher Tank Commander. Oh, so many cool models, which keeps delaying my Valkyrie conversion....wallbash.gif

@chaplainmikey: Most squads. laugh.png

I just numbered the basic Infantry Squads. I felt the Vehicles needed names. Something better than "the Punisher" or "that Chimera". I find it creates a bond. Each of those guys/Tanks has a story, achieved many things, done great deeds. They aren't just toy soldiers anymore. If that makes any sense. tongue.png

Archived