Black Legion Oath-Broken: Khorne Demon Princes 4/15/19

THIS THREAD IS RESURRECTED FROM THE PHOTO-BUCKET BUTCHERY OF 2016!!!

Hey all! So just a little background info about my warband: The idea came out of 6th Edition Chaos Codex that briefly mentioned those warriors who fail Abaddon, or are mauled in battle:

"The Oath-Broken are a special formation of the Black Legion comprised of those Chaos Space Marines who have failed in the service of the Legion's master, Abaddon the Despoiler. Those that dare betray the Warmaster of Chaos seldom live long enough to regret their mistake, and those who do quickly come to regret their folly bitterly as their bodies and souls are subjected to the most abject of agonies. The Oath-Broken are no true traitors to Abaddon, but merely those who failed in their assigned tasks, or got badly mauled on the battlefield and crippled by horrendous wounds. Failures and cripples invariably lose the fickle attention of their mortal and immortal masters alike, and without the blessings of the Powers of the Warp to mend their limbs or knit their broken bodies together with mutations, the Oath-Broken are forced to fashion their own crude replacements: blades sutured to stumps, xenos appendages crudely grafted into empty sockets and ragged armour patched with whatever material the Eye of Terror deems to provide. And yet, woe to the fool who underestimates these dregs of the Black Legion, for an Oath-Broken's desire to again bask in the glories that only Chaos can provide is only equal to his hatred of any who still do."

http://warhammer40k....ath-Broken,_The

H1pt6Yq.jpg

I was fascinated with the backstory of what happens to traitors when the Dark Gods turn their back on their own followers. So I decided to model up a few squads and build a few stories around a motley band of scavengers and killers.

After the Photobucket screw job, I thought rather than try to replace every single photo, I'd start over here and tie it to my ongoing participation in the GILGAMESH CAMPAIGN. All hobbyist are welcome to join me conquering the planet for Chaos! (or if you are an imperial scum... i guess you could fight against me, too!) Feel free to PM me about how to join. It is easy and fun. Here is the current campaign Map now. Also, IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU SEE, PLEASE CONSIDER FOLLOWING THE TOPIC AND LEAVING A COMMENT. IT REALLY HELPS KEEP ME MOTIVATED!!! THANKS!

carte_13.jpg

THE OATH-BROKEN

Prologue

Lord Kraven stared into the vast endlessness of the void from the Bridge of the Battle Barge The Unforgiven. He saw Millions upon millions of planets ripe for plunder to make a worthy sacrifice to the Dark Gods. Nothing had been the same since his disgrace at the hands of the Emperor's Children. How long had it been? Ten Millennia, more? Time had no meaning in the Eye. As his mind drifted on thoughts of vengeance, his vox-unit signaled.

"Lord, my divination is complete." Caradoch's voice resembled more of a reptilian hiss than the Genetically modified warrior he had once been. "The Gods have spoken. Gilgamesh must be bathed awash in blood."

Finally, was this the redemption he had long seeked? Was it another cruel trick of the Gods to keep him off the eight-fold path forever? It didn't matter.

Lord Kraven turned to his first command. "Mark a new heading to the Gilgamesh System. We prepare for war!"

LORD KRAVEN

“The Dark Gods of Chaos do not care about us. We are simply tools in their endless fight, just as we once served as simple tools in The Emperor’s blind ambitions for Apotheosis. The only difference from now and ten millennia ago, is the veil has been lifted from my eyes. Betrayed by the Corspe God of Terra, and now, discarded from use by the Master’s we turned to, I serve only myself. I will make them pay until I have my status restored. Planets will burn and blood will be spilled until my brothers are avenged."

-Lord Kraven’s Canticle of Hate Chapter 1 Verse 1

InGtfhf.jpg

o73HDT6.jpg

nDCqlFy.jpg

CARADOCH

Caradoch is Lord Kraven's foremost advisor. Although he still maintains a great deal of his warp-born powers, he still strives for the day to return to his former position of power within the Legion.

Deep inside the Heavy Battleship Eternal Hunger…

Brother Quaress stood guard outside Caradoc’s personal quarters, a bolter clasped in his massive hands. The gold trim on his black ceramite power armor reflected the braziers’ light that lined the corridor’s walls. Two servitor gun drones- amalgamations of corrupted flesh and metal flanked him, their skin twisted and gray where it fused with their heavy bolters hardwired where arms should be.

“Lord Caradoc approaches,” they said in unison, flat, robotic voices. The servitors kneeled clumsily and lowered their heads in deference.

Quaress detected nothing. His genetically enhanced vision was superior to those lesser beings, and the retinal display in his tactical helm scanned the long hallway in both infra-red and ultra-violet frequencies. The hall was completely empty.

“You drones need to be recalibrated. I don’t see…”

Quaress did not get a chance to finish his sentence before the braziers lining either side of the corridor flared to life and a cloaked figure in power armor appeared from the shadows. Quaress instinctively raised his bolter.

“Rest easy, Brother Quaress.” Caradoc’s voice washed over him like a sweet melody and he lowered his bolter almost as if in a trance. Caradoc shared the same pattern of power armor and a rich embroidered robe flowed from his shoulders to the floor. He carried a wicked power glaive that burned with a blue warpfire along its daemon steel blade. Caradoc’s right hand had begun to harden and transform over the years so that now it resembled more of a chittonous anvil of volcanic rock. One of many blessings from the Dark Masters.

“That was quite the entrance,” Quaress said stowing his bolter.

“Forgive the theatrics Brother.” Caradoc’s face was concealed by a hood and a vale of golden chainmail. Quaress felt sure that Caradoc was smiling behind it. He was smart enough to know the sorcerer was displaying just a minor demonstration of his many powers.  “And what of my guest?”

“The prisoner is prepared as you requested. He awaits… your audience.” Brother Quaress wasn’t exactly sure what fate awaited the Loyalist they had captured on the surface of Thraxian IV, but he knew from eons of combat it would not turn out to be pleasant.

“Excellent work Brother Quaress. What we are about to embark upon will ensure our places in the Canticles of Hate. This Astartes warrior is but the first step.”

“Death to the False Emperor!” Quaress thumped his fist to his chest.

“Only if he should be so lucky.” Caradoc waved his free hand at the door and it swung open into the chamber behind Quaress. “A final word of warning brother.”

“I fear nothing, Caradoc,” Quaress said.

“Your bravery is commendable and serves Lord Kraven well. Just remember no matter what you hear, no matter what the dark voices whisper or promise, do not enter my chamber until I return to you. I would hate for you to suffer… like poor Brother Castus.”

Brother Castus had been particularly ambitious in courting the favor of the dark Gods and the Gods listened generously heaping powers upon him until he devolved into a hideous spawn, stark raving mad and mutated beyond recognition. Unleashed upon the populace of Thraxian IV, the creature had scurried off into the wilderness never to be seen again. After ten-thousand years of endless war, Qauress knew there were worst fates than death.

pMGYgos.jpg

qwpslWr.jpg

x0Rq7LS.jpg

The Lord Executioner was listening to the reports provided by his Lieutenants and allies: a lot of good news indeed as the main objectives were about to be reached on time.

Oghmios Asamon was the last to speak. Normally, Arius Draken would not give much credit to a Sorceror's input but the Thousand Son was reliable and always tried to provide the clearest information.

"Arius, I see a blade in the Shadow, I see an outcast seeking vengeance. He will come to you and pledge himself and his Legionaries to our cause."

Welcome to the War Host Eldrick!! Hive Gilgamesh is ours to burn so come and take as many souls as you wish...

Awaiting for your roll call to indicate you sectors for future insertion.

-Celtic_Cauldron

Lord Kraven scanned the war deck of The Unforgiven. His warriors stood proud and defiant despite the endless millenias of war since that long ago day on the ramparts of the Corpse God of Terra.

"My Lord, our Heavy Armor is ready to carve a path for insertion of the ground troops."

"Excellent. Consult with Lord Arius and deploy accordingly for the meantime."

3y3mwKc.jpg

KhFfhvV.jpg

Lord Kraven voxed Brother Vo-tech,"Initiate the awakening protcols for Brother Saarlac and Brother Konner. Their might will be called upon in the coming battle."

BROTHER KONNER

ymiD7rl.jpg

BROTHER SARLAAC

"The first time I died, I died on the blackened ruins of Maeleum. Three Emperor's Children surrounded me. In my prime, it seemed a fair fight."

3esAujs.jpg

The Night Lord was staring at Lord Kraven's Herald... The Emissary was there, standing proud among the many warriors forming Draken's retinue.

"Tell your Lord and Master, his armoured speartip is engaged in the vicinity of the Arbites'Strongholds. Their contribution to the War Host success will be decisive..."

KRAVEN'S WRATH

Bathed in the blood of thousands of sacrifices, Kraven's Wrath serves as the dread Lord's personal combat command vehicle. The Machine Spirit has been replaced by a malevolent spirit of the warp known only as the Ven'yr. Its treads are coated in the dust of crushed skulls and bones of its victims.

gf6iT5r.jpg

d2KuFrt.jpg

Vtbyfoi.jpg

zA43TR9.jpg

BROTHER VO-TECH

Lord Kraven watched with dismissive calm as Votek slit the throat of the 1000th and final sacrifice upon the ancient hull of the battered Land Raider Gloria Nox. The Mechatendrils fused to Votek's spinal column lifted and discarded the corpse pitching it over the side of the hull like so much rubbish.
"Well?" Kraven asked.
"The Loricatus Pattern is unfamiliar to me, but the Warp Spirit is pleased with your offering, my Lord. It will serve you in the coming battle."
"And the transports?"
"The tech thralls are retrofitting them with the proditor armor we uncovered from Canadus Prime."
"Excellent. The Purge will kneel to me and swear The Black or die for their arrogance."
"Oderint dum metuant!" said Votek thunmping his fist to his chest.
"Yes, my brother, Let them hate as long as they Fear"

PfkmjcF.jpg

PDz8mfM.jpg?1

THE UNFORGIVEN

They were at Kraven's side at the fall of Maleum. They made blood oaths and swore that day, they would not rest until every last Emperor's Children lay dead before their boots.

FatxdoO.jpg

Uay9zf0.jpg

Wy1qvNa.jpg

JJQtxPb.jpg

BwwLf3V.jpg

yVldJq5.jpg

Edited by Eldrick Shadowblade
Corrected formatting

Nice bases whats the plan with colour :P? 

thanks! Going to paint them up traditional Black and Gold trim. I want to teach myself non metal metal so it might take a while to get a model up. I'm going for a ruined temple look on bases. It's an idea I borrowed from the modeling bases section of the forum using sculpey and a little fine sand. I'm still teaching myself to take better pictures but more will follow!

Nice bases whats the plan with colour :P?

thanks! Going to paint them up traditional Black and Gold trim. I want to teach myself non metal metal so it might take a while to get a model up. I'm going for a ruined temple look on bases. It's an idea I borrowed from the modeling bases section of the forum using sculpey and a little fine sand. I'm still teaching myself to take better pictures but more will follow!
Oh ok well best of luck and wet blending/thinners are your friend look forward to seeing a finished mini!! :) Edited by Squeaky

I love the flamers, and I am DIGGING those bases!  My only concern is that the scenery overhangs the base edge by a fair margin on some of them, which could cause issues during movement or CC.

Thanks foolio, yeah i hear you on the CC and movement. These were my first mock ups and luckily baked sculpey can be trimmed to look like broken slate. I might play a game or two before paint to test it out. I plan on adding some tubing work to the flamer once i can get my hands on greenstuff industries tube maker kit.

The Kit Bashes look great look forword to paint.:thumbsup: 

Thanks Deathspecters! Paint might be a bit. Finishing my semester teaching college but maybe by end of april I might have a test model up!

Pretty solid start.

I like the bases too.

The mohawk on the Sgt is original.

not sure about the nosy pointed head of the flamer but I do like his flamer.

Bring it on !

good work !!

Thanks Darth Mustard, the idea behind the pointy head guy was a recent convert to chaos as he still has some newer mk6/7 armor. Thanks for the feedback!

This guy is blue tacked so he's a little wobbly

This guy might be my favorite of the bunch so far...

Group shot. They still have some bits needed and a few backpacks etc... but they are about 90% I think. Feedback is always welcome!:thanks:

Edited by Eldrick Shadowblade
Corrected formatting

looking good, i agree gun barrels drilled is a good detail to have.

and looking forward to seeing some with paint on, about time we had some more black legion ;)

i also had about a 10 year break, then started with my black legion csm i think last sunmer

so really looking forward to see more of your work

@Darth Mustard: Definitely going to go back and drill the gun barrels. The original base idea was in the how to section of the forums. I'll post a link when I get a minute. Sculpey is really easy to work with and the next batch of bases will have a lot more detail / runes.

@thamier: Thanks for the kind words. I've been a lurker on your thread for a while. Those oblits really blow my mind! Really dig your army!

Caradoch Bonecaster- Lord Kraven's Emissary

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k312/Shadowblade77/803de7a4b19919768972778385c5be2f_zps8edd6d9e.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k312/Shadowblade77/266578ec60d0cf0d3e001b9e9cd79d8c_zps121c6110.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k312/Shadowblade77/8189849f989ba403bab09b256ee30c5b_zps04d184fa.jpg

Edited by Bryan Blaire
Corrected formatting

And one more for tonight: Krull the Eternal. (I started him about ten years ago before many of the newer ven dreads were out. Also, opinions on which sarcophagus lid you like better is needed. I cant make up my mind)

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k312/Shadowblade77/fd979eb26073a0ade078fd02aa42fe37_zps5fae7127.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k312/Shadowblade77/066afc9c631f9e9ec6de435b1428da78_zpsb8558526.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k312/Shadowblade77/c278d62821b741c32633f0bc4f4c671c_zps891d61b6.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k312/Shadowblade77/23fd744da420f9fd81634ac6c9008039_zpsd1f4be53.jpg

Edited by Bryan Blaire
Corrected formatting

Caradoch is awesome like the chain mail mask :) I quite like both the top is nice and OTT but the second is practical... Sorry no real help there I know XD but the pose is cool who is about to be turned into a pancake of giblets?

thanks, i like the models you built here, really like the bases too.

so painted any of them yet we can see?

My semester is over in two weeks, so I'm gonna buy a set of fresh paints and go at it then. should have a test model up hopefully in a few weeks. I also placed an order with Anvil... I want to really do up the standard bolters with drums and chainsword bayonets.