Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Grotsmasha's Conversion Challenge 5: Adepts of Mars

Grotsmasha Challenge 5 Techmarine

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha

++ TORTOR PUMILI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,645 posts

Grotsmasha's Conversion Challenge 5:

Adepts of Mars

Welcome one and all to my 5th Kit-bash Challenge!!!!!  For those who don't know ehast this is all about, I have a summary thread for the first 4 Challenges HERE, within there is a break down of each Challenge and links to the Completion threads and Top 10 Completions from each Challenge.

Here's the links to the individual Challenges in case you'd prefer those,

Chaplains Completions

Librarians Completions

Captains Completions

Duels and Dioramas Completions

So the aim is pretty simple, you have 1 month to kit-bash an "Adept of Mars" for your army or display following the rules outlined below.

The following units will be acceptable for submission into the Challenge, 

• Master of the Forge
  • Techmarine
  • Warp Smith
  • Tech Priest
  • Engineseer
  • Magos Dominus

The Rules will be as follows,

If you're in it for the Participation, have fun and ignore the rules below, you are still free to display the Banners/Pips (when they're made whistlingW.gif ), if however, you'd like a shot at the prize, you will need to read on.

1- The finished model is not to be painted, the conversion should be bare plastic/resin/metal, the small odd painted piece stolen from a previously painted model is OK.

2- Must clearly be identifiable as the Unit it represents, it doesn't need to be codex legal, rule of cool here.

3- Maximum of 25% existing models in Metal/Finecast, and any Plastic Independent/Named Characters:

---25% consists of the following combinations;
--- Head- 0% can be from any existing model
---1x Arm- 12.5%, 2x Arms- 25% either from the same or separate models
---1x Leg- 12.5%, 2x Legs- 25% either from the same or separate models
---Torso- 25%

---Servo Harnesses/Arms are fair game, no restrictions 

---Things like FW's Red Scorpion upgrade pack DO NOT count to the 25% limitation.

4- Green Stuff/Sculpting putty is fine, small details to a full sculpt is acceptable.

5- 1 calendar month build time, April 1st 2014 til May 2nd 2014, this guarantees everyone gets one month.

6- Multiple entries per user.

7- You must declare participation a minimum of 24hrs prior to declaring completion, having said that, I don't mind if you've had a little head start.

8- If you wish to participate in any previous challenge, declare your intention here and post your completed models in the Adepts of Mars Completions thread. This will entitle you to use the banners/pips from that challenge, which will also be in the Completion thread.

The time frame from the current challenge still applies.

9- Most importantly, HAVE FUN !!!!!

HOW TO ENTER:

Right, so now you know the rules, how do you enter?

First off, declare your participation here in this thread, with the following declaration,

I, {insert your name} undertake Grotsmasha's Adepts of Mars Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash at least one {insert unit type from those listed above} by May 2nd, 2014.

which will earn you a participation banner/pip to wear in your signature.

gallery_48988_6285_34511.png  gallery_48988_6285_5709.png

If you'd like to retrospectivly participate in the previous Challenges, here are their Participation Pips,

gallery_48988_6285_7306.png  gallery_48988_6285_442.jpg  gallery_48988_6285_83.jpg  gallery_48988_6285_3781.png

Secondly, I will create a completion thread and link it in this thread, that will be where completed models should be posted in the following format of Five pictures, (Its seems my Armoury is in dire straights and lacks a Techmanine)

Front
IMAG0050_zps3022cea3.jpg

Left
IMAG0052_zps821b9347.jpg

Rear
IMAG0053_zpsa32d3bf8.jpg

Right
IMAG0054_zps39297b38.jpg

3 View - A raised or lowered pic showing 2 sides of the model.
IMAG0055_zps874eb602.jpg

Completing your kitbash before May 2nd will earn you a Completion banner/pip to wear in your signature (Also yet to be made).

Post your completed AoM here, Grotsmasha's Conversion Challenge 5: AoM Completion Thread

In addition to the banners/pips offered for participation/completeion, there will be a prize!!!!!!

What prize?? I hear you ask. It will be my entry into this challenge. This prize will be awarded to my favourite entry, and it will be completely based on my personal preferences and opinions.

Ok, just one last rule, HAVE FUN!!!!!, this little challenge is all about creating a cool new model for your army

If anyone has questions or needs clarification on something, just post here or shoot me a P.M.

WEEK 1 PARTICIPANTS

• Grotsmasha
  • PassionFruit Power
  • Raztalin
  • Barabbas Sogalon
  • Jaspcat
  • DasPanzerIstUber
  • seraphile
  • Squeaky
  • Iron Bars
  • Black Cohort
  • MagicMan
  • Sgt. Sharpe
  • Chiv
  • BassWave
  • jokearo weaponsmith
  • Skoby
  • ninjasuperspy
  • TOMMY
  • Lord Commander Scrymgeour
  • JeffTibbetts
  • Brother Pheidias
  • Dark Rage
  • Brother Martemis
  • oldschoolsoviet
  • Strike Captain Lysimachus
  • Daemonifuge

WEEK 2 & 3 PARTICIPANTS

• Huberticus
  • Aquilanus
  • Vijok
  • Brother Chaplain Kage

Cheers,

Jono

Edited by Grotsmasha, 26 April 2014 - 02:55 AM.
Added Participants

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha

++ TORTOR PUMILI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,645 posts

I, Grotsmasha, undertake Grotsmasha's Adepts of Mars Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash at least one Techmarine/Master of the Forge by May 2nd, 2014.

PassionFruit Power

PassionFruit Power

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 68 posts

i passionfruit, undertake Grotsmasha's Adepts of Mars Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash at least one magos of the Forge by May 2nd, 2014.

Raztalin

Raztalin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 489 posts

Hell why not :)

I, Raztalin undertake Grotsmasha's Adepts of Mars Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash at least one Tech Marine / Warp Smith by May 2nd, 2014.

Good to see the challenges back Jono :)

Barabbas Sogalon

Barabbas Sogalon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,414 posts

I, Barabbas Sogalon, undertake Grotsmasha's Adepts of Mars Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash at least one Magos Dominus by May 2nd 2014.

KingKurama

KingKurama

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,656 posts
I, Jaspcat undertake Grotsmasha's Adepts of Mars Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash at least one forge lord (master of the forge) by May 2nd, 2014.

DasPanzerIstUber

DasPanzerIstUber

++ COVINNARIUS FIRMUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,773 posts

I, DasPanzerIstUber, undertake Grotsmasha's Adepts of Mars Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash at least one Master of the Forge by May 2nd, 2014.

Marshal Recard of the Black Templars 18th Crusade.
"...This is vital in that when all else fails, it is faith that will carry him through to victory. Warriors of faith never shirk from combat but rush forward with heads down and shields up, allowing their glory to carry them into the thick of battle to deliver the first blow."

Shaolin_Monkey

Shaolin_Monkey

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 544 posts
I, Seraphile undertake Grotsmasha's Adepts of Mars Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash at least one Warpsmith and one Master of the Forge by May 2nd, 2014.

Squeaky

Squeaky

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 564 posts
I, Squeaky undertake Grotsmasha's Adepts of Mars Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash at least one Master of the Forge by May 2nd, 2014.
[url=http://s80.photobucket.com/user/Holy_Milkman/media/SqueakysBrutalLoyatly_zps477dc768.jpg.html][img=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j195/Holy_Milkman/SqueakysBrutalLoyatly_zps477dc768.jpg][/url]
<p>gore tutorial needs updating [url=http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/289223-easy-gore-soon-water-splashes-sprays-and-impacts/]http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/289223-easy-gore-soon-water-splashes-sprays-and-impacts/[/url]

Iron Bars

Iron Bars

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 230 posts

I, IronBars undertake Grotsmasha's Adepts of Mars Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash at least one techmarine/Master of the forge by May 2nd, 2014.

L_T_2_2016_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpggallery_48988_6285_75958.pngETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei04.jpg

Black Cohort

Black Cohort

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,248 posts
I, Black Cohort, undertake Grotsmasha's Adepts of Mars Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash at least one master of the Forge/ techmarine by May 2nd, 2014.
Follow the link to help make "A Better 40k"<p> http://www.bolterand...types-finished/
ETL_2014_Banner_V2_03D_Custos_Fidei.jpg

MagicMan

MagicMan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,244 posts

I, MagicMan, undertake Grotsmasha's Adepts of Mars Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash at least one master of the Forge/ techmarine by May 2nd, 2014. 

gallery_48988_6285_1353.png

Cpt Lazarus

Cpt Lazarus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 79 posts

I, SGT. Sharpe,  undertake Grotsmasha's Adepts of Mars Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash at least one Techmarine by May 2nd, 2014.

ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_01.jpggallery_48988_6285_6092.png

Chiv

Chiv

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 107 posts

I, Chiv undertake Grotsmasha's Adepts of Mars Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash at least one Warp Smith by May 2nd, 2014.

"In his name we Slay! Blood for the Blood God!" - Dark Disciples: A Litany of Gore

BassWave

BassWave

++ INCURSUS TACITURNUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,878 posts
I, Basswave, undertake Grotsmasha's Adepts of Mars Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash at least one Forge Lord by May 2nd, 2014.

jokaero weaponsmith

jokaero weaponsmith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 291 posts
Hell if Basswave is in I'm in, IH must have a strong showing in this.
I, jokaero weaponsmith undertake Grotsmasha's Adepts of Mars Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash at least one techmarine by May 2nd, 2014.

Skoby

Skoby

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 608 posts
I, Skoby undertake Grotsmasha's Adepts of Mars Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash at least one Iron Father (MotF/techmarine) by May 2nd, 2014.

Hopefully will be able to make 2 entries, but the first one will be an Iron Father (counts as chapter master) but will look techy enough I hope

Edited by Skoby, 01 April 2014 - 08:29 PM.

ninjasuperspy

ninjasuperspy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 271 posts

I, Ninjasuperspy undertake Grotsmasha's Adepts of Mars Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash at least one {insert unit type from those listed above} by May 2nd, 2014.

T0MMY

T0MMY

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 380 posts

I, T0MMY, undertake Grotsmasha's Adepts of Mars Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash a techmarine by May 2nd 2014.

Signature not compliant with forum rules
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:128600] [sharedmedia=gallery:images:180786]

Lord Commander Scrymgeour

Lord Commander Scrymgeour

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 534 posts

I, Lord Commander Scrymgeour undertake Graotsmasha's Adepts of Mars Kit-Bash Challenge to kit bash at least one zero zero one one by May 2nd 2014

JeffTibbetts

JeffTibbetts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,675 posts

I, JeffTibbetts, undertake Grotsmasha's Adepts of Mars Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash at least one Techmarine by May 2nd, 2014.

gallery_74115_9011_2349.pngtn_gallery_74115_9313_33227.pngtn_gallery_74115_9011_9491.pngtn_gallery_74115_9011_110464.png gallery_74115_9011_12025.pngtn_gallery_74115_9011_3499.png

++ victorus aut mortis ++

Follow me on Twitter @linguartisan for pics and banter.

Brother Pheidias

Brother Pheidias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,485 posts

I, Brother Pheidias, undertake Grotsmasha's Adepts of Mars Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash at least one Techmarine by May 2nd, 2014.

Dark Rage

Dark Rage

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 853 posts

I, Dark Rage undertake Grotsmasha's Adepts of Mars Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash at least one techmarine by May 2nd, 2014.

Brother Martemis

Brother Martemis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 830 posts
That's it, I have to get me some of this - I mean:
I, Brother Martemis undertake Grotsmasha's Adepts of Mars Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash at least one warpsmith by May 2nd, 2014.

oldschoolsoviet

oldschoolsoviet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 715 posts
I, oldschoolsoviet, undertake Grotsmasha's Adepts of Mars Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash a Temujin/Tengri by May 2nd 2014. (as long as some bits arrive)
puTG7ZS.pngh1kLNHW.pngl1KOZAI.png

"Blood for the Blood God ! Skulls for the Khan ! .....wait. What ?!" - Of Skulls and Scars - WiP Thread -
Something stirs in the shadows. Other Stuff on the Side - WIP