Question on Dark Heresy Fluff

Kilofix

Just wondering if the fluff from the Dark Heresy (and for that matter all the other 40K RPGs now from FFG) adheres closely to the core GW / FW / BL 40K fluff?

Thanks for the info!

Personally, I find the FFG RPGs hold better to the spirit of 40k than most of the codices that have come out recently. The 'Tome of...' series for Black Crusade especially does an incredible job of fleshing out the chaos gods and chaos in general far better than the codices ever had.

Ah, cool thanks - any suggestions as to say the top 5 books from Dark Heresy and from Black Crusade to collect strictly for Inquisitor and Chaos fluff?

In terms of just lore and not rules for playing the RPGs, I'd go with Dark Heresy's Radical's Handbook and Disciples of the Dark Gods.  From Black Crusade, there's Tome of Blood, Tome of Fate, Tome of Excess, and the soon to be released Tome of Decay.

If you're just looking for other solid lore books in general from the other lines, even though they don't necessarily have to do with the Inquisition or Chaos, there's Deathwatch's The Achilus Assault, The Jericho Reach, and The Outer Reach and Rogue Trader's Navis Primer and Edge of the Abyss.

There's probably a few others that I'm missing, but in terms of lore only, those have all been really interesting.

Just wanted to clarify one other thing - all the fluff in those RPGs happen in areas of space that are made up for and exclusive to the RPG right?

I.e. nothing else has from the main 40K fluff has occured in those areas, etc.

Well...there's a few mentions of the Scarus Sector, which was where Eisenhorn and Ravenor took place, since the Calixis Sector is the next sector over.  But the RPGs are set many decades if not a century or two after those events.  Can't recall the specific dates.  The Calixis Sector, as well as the Hadex Anomaly, which plays a major role in Deathwatch, are both shown on galaxy maps in different rulebooks, and all of the settings for the five RPGs are connected to each other in terms of galactic scale.  And the Deathwatch RPG was the first to ever mention Deathwatch Kill Ships, which get a mention in the Steve Parker novel, Deathwatch.  But these are all super minor bits and pieces.

In general, they are self-contained.

Edited by Jareddm