IA 13 Warmachines of the lost and the damned?

Nehekhare

http://natfka.blogspot.de/2014/04/ia13-war-machines-of-lost-and-damned.html

is this bait?

poor faeit is not to blame, as he just posts what he gets, to the point of some guys on /tg/ trolling him already (and thus making things worse for everybody).

but is it?

definately sounds too good to be true...

I thought the next 40k thing from FW was supposed to be Tyranids, but if this rumor turns out to be true, I will be super excited. Updated choas renegade list for an actual battle brother option that isn't just more of the same? A chance for fixed dreadclaw / Kharybdis rules (long shot I know, but still)?

Yeah. Yeah, I'm excited for this.

Since the FW mantra for Chaos versions of Loyalist vehicles seems to be "The same, but only half as good for a 20 pts decrease" I'm ready and set for being disappointed. But with a whole bunch of luck the Decimator will get some new rules that makes it suck a little less. I mean, it is not really much better than an Ironclad, yet it costs something like 50% more. But I guess that's to be expected. Also, weird stuff like lascannon sponsons costing 10 pts more on the relic Predator than on the Codex Predator could be cleaned up.

Anyway, the vehicles with marks/daemon of could definitely also be streamlined a bit, with IWND instead of Unholy Vigour and marks for the Decimator should just make it a Daemon of X instead of the weird rules it has got now. The Contemptor on the other hand is not a daemon, so should/could retain their mark instead.

A dedicated book for the Chaos part of the FW range might force FW to playtest their Chaos rules a bit, which can only be good news for us players (considering the dire state their chaos units are in rule-wise)!

they should steamline defilers and soulgrinders (by completely exchanging the defiler entry for the soulgrinder rules).

or and do something creative: allow it to act as an open-topped transport vehicle for up to 8 khorne berzerkers.

introduce dark mechanicum troop units of khorne-marked castellax. 

or, now that we already have "mark of x" and "daemon of x" doing completely different things: make a unified list of "dedication of x" that can be applied to EVERY chaos vehicle (much like the contemptor/decimator lists, but with alternative abilities for non-walkers: extra tankshock hits for khorne, 12" dirge casters that lower ld for slaanesh, tzeentch and nurgle are ok). make daemonic possession incorporate daemonforge and daemon and give the landraider back its corrupted machine spirit.

On the one hand, the rumor does sound like more chaos baiting, so I'm not exactly holding my breath.  If it is true, it would be pretty cool, though.  I'm particularly excited about the 'reflecting the 10,000 years in the eye' bit where the rumor says 40k chaos versions of legion vehicles may be getting chaos-specific variants - different weapon systems, alternate special rules, & the like.  ie: not just 'the legion version, but without machine spirit for a marginal points discount'.  That's exactly the kind of thing I personally like to hear when it comes to 40k chaos marine stuff.

Edit: I've seen a couple comments on the Nat page and warseer confirming that this book is indeed happening, specifically that Andy Hoare was talking about it as being the next 40k book from FW after Anphelion Project.

So yeah, I think it's safe to start getting excited.

they should steamline defilers and soulgrinders (by completely exchanging the defiler entry for the soulgrinder rules).

or and do something creative: allow it to act as an open-topped transport vehicle for up to 8 khorne berzerkers.

or, now that we already have "mark of x" and "daemon of x" doing completely different things: make a unified list of "dedication of x" that can be applied to EVERY chaos vehicle (much like the contemptor/decimator lists, but with alternative abilities for non-walkers: extra tankshock hits for khorne, 12" dirge casters that lower ld for slaanesh, tzeentch and nurgle are ok). make daemonic possession incorporate daemonforge and daemon and give the landraider back its corrupted machine spirit.

imagine defiler was an upgrade[high cost like 50pts or more] to a fiend. a melee fiend would get 6A with it and the plasma fiend would have an option to big blast if it combined both it cannon shots . while the dakka fiend would be chaos version ot defiler.

I like the defiler as a separate unit, but would prefer something more meaningfully different from the fiends, rather than a sad sort of half-way spot between them.  Give it 13 or even 14 front armor, up it's firepower considerably, etc.  I don't know.

Anyway, while I suppose it's possible that the updated renegades list might have direct access to one or two options from C:CSM, it is unlikely that there would be significant differences in the rules for such options.  Expecting FW to re-write the rules for a codex option, such that codex players would need to buy an index astartes book to have the most up to date version of that unit's entry, just doesn't seem like something that would happen.

I'm most excited for the updated renegades list, as the current ones are rather painfully out of date.  Having a proper chaos guard contingent, one informed by the current rules for chaos marines, daemons, and the new imperial guard, would be very, very nice indeed.

This would also be an ideal moment to introduce rules for chaos knights, if GW has any intention of doing so.

Fingers crossed for a discount on the Chaos Contemptor, also these new "siege tanks" they talked about would be awesome. Definitely not holding my breath and definitely applying liberal amounts of salt, but my God, if they do this justice...

http://i.imgur.com/YnHG3gu.gif

Dunno why GW keeps going the hard way with it all in regards to vehicles when they had it pretty much in awesome mode during 3.5 era (insert holy sound from nowhere)

Note to GW:

-Reduce Forgefiend and Defiler points

-Option indirect fire for defiler

-Mutated hull 

-Marks for vehicles (+weapon options)

-Machine spirits and good droppods

No need for a headache, on how to fix the rules (dont fix what aint broken), just add spikes and make us happy.

I'm taking a truck load of salt for this. Lets be honest with ourselves; the trolls love trolling Chaos players more than anyone, because we're bitter unhappy customers (on the internet) and they like to see our shriveled blackened spirits rise just for a moment so they can slap them down again even harder.

Then again I still hope....

When IA2 came out, I emailed FW if they'd be releasing a FAQ or something to say, which, if any, are available to Chaos Space Marines.  The response was that chaos would receive most, if not all, marine vehicles in a future update.  Looks like this is it.  :)

imagine defiler was an upgrade[high cost like 50pts or more] to a fiend. a melee fiend would get 6A with it and the plasma fiend would have an option to big blast if it combined both it cannon shots . while the dakka fiend would be chaos version ot defiler.

I want my skyfire defiler.

I want my skyfire defiler.

I would be happy to get back the extra DCCW version, of which I have two models I like very much. Of course, the Maulerfiend takes up that role now, but I have two Defilers I either have to pull arms off or not use.

An option to get Skyfire would be nice, though, and would make the weapon upgrades much more useful. Right now the Battlecannon has no competition IMO.

I'm not going to hope for much here. As far as I'll go is a Chaos Knight Titan. Otherwise, prefix the Imperial stuff with 'Chaos' throw in the new pods from the HH era, Decimator, Spawn, Bloodslaughterer etc...new Cultists/Traitor Guard list that will be meh (lets be real) and jobs a good one.

Wishlist

1. Chaos Knights

2. New Super Heavies that arent tanks.

3. Better Contemptor rules.

4. Normal pods.

I'm taking a truck load of salt for this. Lets be honest with ourselves; the trolls love trolling Chaos players more than anyone, because we're bitter unhappy customers (on the internet) and they like to see our shriveled blackened spirits rise just for a moment so they can slap them down again even harder.

You know that its Andy Hoare and other staff of FW who confirmed this during the FW Open day right?

And also that people who went there saw photos, illustrations and pictures that will be in the book, namely Chaos Stormeagle, Thunderhawk, M2KB LR and Renegade lists.

So its not really a rumor now, but a 80% sure thing.

Still lots of things that we don't know of course.

You know that its Andy Hoare and other staff of FW who confirmed this during the FW Open day right?

And also that people who went there saw photos, illustrations and pictures that will be in the book, namely Chaos Stormeagle, Thunderhawk, M2KB LR and Renegade lists.

So its not really a rumor now, but a 80% sure thing.

Still lots of things that we don't know of course.

It will be more believable with pictures and scoops.

you know, I'm not that interested in the special FW vehicles...MUCH more so in the rules that this book may bring to the standart CSM codex vehicles.

I'm not expecting much... in that regard, but if they did something as simple as an armoury/vehicle upgrades section that was available to standards models in the codex... That would be great... Even being able to take marks/Daemon of X would be something.

Archived