The Memoria Crusade (ETL Vow 1 complete)

mytimeprez

I like the Memoria Crusade. Great name!

And not to hijack the thread or anything, but I've been playing templars for roughly 15 years now.... and I have never named my crusade.... I should prolly get to doing that!! ha ha ha

I like the Memoria Crusade. Great name!

And not to hijack the thread or anything, but I've been playing templars for roughly 15 years now.... and I have never named my crusade.... I should prolly get to doing that!! ha ha ha

The Sine Nomine Crusade. Google Translatation

@mytimeprez

Welcome to the Eternal Crusade Brother!

I had an idea on the way to work. The Memoria Crusade led by Marshal Ricard keeps and records Black Templar Crusades in a large tome with it written with each marshal having a book within the tome.

For instance: The Book of Helbrecht would include the Armageddon Crusade

What do you guys think?

That's awesome. Ah, "The Book of Godfried". cool.png

Probably one of the cooler Crusades on this board, from a fluff POV. No offence to you Vets here, I include my own as a "less original" Crusade. GW hijacking my Crusade didn't help. Bloody Marshal Actoan. down.gif

You could write a funny story about a fight where I suicided, not intentionally, 80% of my plasma cannons. (I had only 10 of them, but 8 died by get hots)

And I like your ideas, good luck with that msn-wink.gif

To tell you the truth, I'd be honored to see my Crusade badge on your models. And I think most people here would be too. We're a tight Brotherhood, us Templars.thumbsup.gif

I'll make sure to send notable events regarding the Golgotha Crusade for addition into the Book of Templars.

@Zyth: Plasma Cannons dying to 'Gets Hot!' is one thing. My Plasma Cannoneer scattered back 11" (before BS reduction) to hit himself and his Comrades. 4 Battle Brothers lost their life that day. cry.gif

++I, Marshal Godfried, hereby pledge full co-operation of the Golgotha Crusade to the efforts of the Memoria Crusade.++

++Walk ever in the Light of the Emperor, Brother++

++Imperator Vult!++

This is a very cool idea, since to my understanding we templar really don't have any record keepers. I look forward to seeing more of your crusade unfold.

HLVW

While I would love to see my badge on your Crusade, you might need to cross mine out or put a black bar to show dishonoured through it, as my Crusade as effectively gone Rogue (not to chaos, just no longer answering to the Imperium). Could add a bit of character :-)

a little background piece:

Originally declared by Marshal Ricard, The Memoria Crusade is currently pursuing long lost relics from the founding of the Black Templars and attempting to unravel the mysteries of the chapter's history. Marshal Ricard is piecing together the broken history of the Black Templars and keeping ongoing records of current crusades. The Memoria Crusade is currently investigating several tomb worlds in the Garon Nebula. Rumor has it that a great artifact was lost there....

Really digging the theme of your Templar Brother. I always pictured Templar as Relic hunters being fleet based in nature. My initial concept of my army was going to be purely foot marines. Dreadnoughts, power armour and TDA. to kind of represent the idea of a Crusading force that would focus on such a task like clearing space hulks etc. Buuuuut then I fell in love with Mechanized Assault. And that's all I use now lol.

you could have the sword partially buried in the ground, like blade tip first. This would link a little better to the purpose of the Crusade, to recover lost artifacts and information about previous Crusades. It can then dual represent for symbology of the Sword in the Stone (King Arthur) cause that is cool.

The sword one seems slightly unbalanced to me. Can't quite put my finger on why though.

I think the chevron with a sword instead of a cross might work nicely.

You could play around with the elements and keep the official badge quite basic and heraldic, like the below

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss62/dono1979/sword_zps8be1a8fc.jpg

And then on a really ornate banner you could expand and make a banner in style similar to what I have had done. The red would be earth, the sword embedded in it and templars standing around or even a ruined templar vehicle or two, symbolising the recovery

Agreed, top one is nice. More ornate banner versions could perhaps incorporate a book or something? But the partially buried blade is a clever idea to keep the theme of the crusade even on a simple small badge. :)

OK mytimeprez here are my takes for the Badges...

mind you these are somewhat my renditions for what you want... except I added some elements to it... if you don't want the stuff that I added then just message me again and I'll take them off and keep your original design:

Memoria Crusade Badge 1

http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o622/Marshal_Roujakis/MemoriaCrusadeBadge1_zps98243631.png

Memoria Crusade Badge 2

http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o622/Marshal_Roujakis/MemoriaCrusadeBadge2_zps1b108bad.png

And there's a bonus something if you click either image on my Photobucket account... use that if it pleases you too...

Well... I hope it helped msn-wink.gif

edit: ahhh... censored.gif I'll just post the bonus optional badge here... just use it if you want... I was bored and combined elements from the 2 badges... somehow clicking the images won't post the 3rd one so.... wallbash.gif wallbash.gif

Memoria Crusade Badge Combo

http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o622/Marshal_Roujakis/MemoriaCrusadeComboBadge_zpsb189011f.png

Archived