The Memoria Crusade (ETL Vow 1 complete)

mytimeprez

doh... I was gonna do nearly the exact same thing... tongue.png

except cut grooves to the hands to make it look like they have fully functional fingers and not fore-finger, thumb, slab...

Whats the matter, don't like the mitten look ;) :lol:

I don't why it has taken so long to get to your thread, but your crusade is very inspiring. I am especially impressed by your Centurions and really think that I'm going to have to get a box of these for my assault (i.e. grav monsters) centurions.

Well done!

Yeah I echo Honda, Not sure how I didn't see this before, but I like your fluff, very different but still well within the realm of something Templars would do. Only one small quibble. You mentioned that the Crusade was originally declared by Marshal Ricard, but only the High Marshal has the power to declare a crusade. Also is this the same Ricard who participated in the Armageddon crusade from Helsreach?

The Centurions look great! I hadn't thought of using GK termie heads for them, that's a good idea. Looking forward to seeing more!

To be honest I am terrible at coming up with names so I went trough several resources and just picked the one I liked the best. No association intended. As for the declaration I had it in my mind that Marshal Ricard would have requested the honor of hunting down the relics and unraveling the history, but did not know I good way to word it.

I just finished reading those books!  Freaking salamanders...why you not join in the fight!

Because:

Marine: 'Brother-Sergeant, the Templars have pushed forward and are aiming to Slay the Enemy Warlord...'

Sergeant Tanna: 'Curse those Templars and their Righteous Zeal moves..., why did we bring Flamers and Meltaguns in a ranged fight anyway? These things can't hit farther than 12" the Templars will hog the glory!'

Marine: 'Oh look, I think they're asking for our support...'

Sarge Tanna: 'Well... can't reach them anyway... they're too far forward... we'll just make an excuse like trying to protect some Imperial Citizens or whatever... I'm sure he'll understand...

(After a few days later...)

http://th00.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2014/094/1/b/chaplain_grimaldus_by_froggybre-d7d14dm.jpg

Get out of my City!!!

It only lets me like your post one time.  I need to like it a thousand times.  Question.  How come in the book, they talk about his silver plated skull helm...but not in the images, nor the model does he have the helm on! (grimmy)

I think that if you look at this helm, the main plating in the middle of the eyebrows, where the forehead is, is meant to be silver. I was also assuming that Grimaldus actually has a silver colored 'skull face' but maybe that is just how AD-B painted his Grimaldus model so that's how he described his Grimaldus...

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131002195813/warhammer40k/images/8/8f/BT_Grimaldus_combat.jpg

... you know what... I had a grand idea!!!

Why don't we ask AD-B if he could tell us why Grimy in Helsreach has a silver-plated helm... when the GW model has a black one... I'm sure he can tell us... and we could ask as well is he has a pledged Black Templar force... maybe even help us in ETL III :p

I think I'm going to use the new chaplain model as grimmy, and paint his skull mask metallic silver with red lenses.  That's how I pictured him.  When I hear skull mask, I think more the terminator chaplain model.

Sorry for hijacking the thread :)

Looking forward to seeing those guys painted. These could very well be my favourite Centurions on this entire forum. Really well done. thumbsup.gif

Also, as a collector of decorative weapons: I'm digging that dagger you got there in pic 1. woot.gif

Grimaldus' helmet is silver and his tabard is white in Helsreach because A D-B liked the model in the back of the 4th Edition Codex (may it rest in peace) that he preferred to the all black armor and red tabard. 

I was able to make some progress on my vow today. Here are my WIP Centurions.

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee474/mytimeprez/81CC0F42-ECB3-4813-AC2D-3D351783D6ED.jpg

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee474/mytimeprez/0947FD7A-F318-441B-8C12-E8DE062B64ED.jpg

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee474/mytimeprez/7E74B32B-5027-4086-9220-FDBEB866A3C9.jpg

OOOH YEAH! That's what I'm talking about! woot.gif They already look amazing, and you aren't even done yet!

Great progress, Brother! If we can all keep up this level of Zeal, victory cannot elude us!

Some I need some advice. I do all my plasma weapons in a blue. I can't decide what color to do for the Grav weapons. What do my fello brothers think?

Gravity weapons or abilities always make me think of dark purples.something a little cosmic in nature.

Some I need some advice. I do all my plasma weapons in a blue. I can't decide what color to do for the Grav weapons. What do my fello brothers think?

Gravity weapons or abilities always make me think of dark purples.something a little cosmic in nature.

I was about to say green, but I really like Minigun's idea

Archived